VIK1358

May 24, 2022
If you liked summertime saga you will like this game.
-Nice story with secrets to be reveiled.
-Good amount of humour.
-Different fetishes.
-Many diffeerent characters which are very different from each other so it doesn`t get boring.
-A lot of content.
-The graphics look good too.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What's the thing with Mary's glasses? There, not there, there, not there...
Is that some kind of Manga/Hentai trope I don't understand?
No, it's Uberpie being lazy and lacking attention to detail. Also, in all the years, I think you are the first person to bring it up, as well. Perhaps you're being too attentive. HAHA.
wait? scat tag? since when? i feel betrayed.
Since the most recent update 4 months ago.

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
Was reminded of this game by a like on a past comment. Did Uber finally reveal his true nature and force NTR into the game despite promising it would start being added around the time the main route finished.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Was reminded of this game by a like on a past comment. Did Uber finally reveal his true nature and force NTR into the game despite promising it would start being added around the time the main route finished.
You can keep telling yourself that but he never promised that.

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
You can keep telling yourself that but he never promised that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I was one of his first 10 supporters in 2018 and supplied some of the earliest leaks and snippets on this site. Your account was made last year. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Initially it was going to be something far down the line where the people who didn't want the fetish would support the main structure of the game and be able to dip out after it was over. He would shift focus onto the Bro Path and the NTR path as backfill. His lack of work ethic and slow progress caused me and a lot of his original patrons to dip.

I was just curious to see if my fears came true, and looking at some other comments it seems they did. That is all from me.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

I was one of his first 10 supporters in 2018 and supplied some of the earliest leaks and snippets on this site. Your account was made last year. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Initially it was going to be something far down the line where the people who didn't want the fetish would support the main structure of the game and be able to dip out after it was over. He would shift focus onto the Bro Path and the NTR path as backfill. His lack of work ethic and slow progress caused me and a lot of his original patrons to dip.

I was just curious to see if my fears came true, and looking at some other comments it seems they did. That is all from me.
You realize people can make new accounts on this site right? Just because this account was made in 2022 doesn't mean that's when I first started here.

So you were one of the first supporters and posted maybe a dozen posts for 2 days in the first month Family Tales/Taffy Tales was on F95? Whoopie for you. You actively gave some money to a developer who had netorare-ish content in the initial release and then decided to join the pressure on the developer to remove it and never include it (or include it much later than the developer initially intended). Gee, that's simply brilliant work, edison.
Do I agree with everything Uberpie does? No. Do I enjoy netorare (ntr) content? No. Do I have any empathy for people who don't like netorare (ntr) and can't even tolerate optional paths of that content for people who do like netorare (ntr)? No. Do I have any respect for people who think they have a right to bully developers? No.

I am also not going to make wild-ass accusations or revise history to simply make myself feel better or validated. See you in 5 years when you decide to "remember" this game again.

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
I am also not going to make wild-ass accusations or revise history to simply make myself feel better or validated. See you in 5 years when you decide to "remember" this game again.
You assume everything that was said and communicated happened only on F95. I admit I was more naïve about how ethical a lot of developers would be back then. I thought since it was a sole person representing and communicating that they would hold themselves to a bit more honesty.

NTR hints were present, but I enjoyed the art as many did. It being a secondary fetish (his direct words) that it wouldn't be a focus led me and others to believe it would remain low priority. I think devs should respect their own words and live up to them if someone believed you and pledged actual financial support.

Shame on patrons who believed him, and shame on them for being disappointed when he changed his mind after already taking their money is how you see things I guess.

Also of course he received a boost in money when he added NTR. Instead of just serving hamburgers he added French fries to the menu. That doesn't mean French Fries are the back bone of the business, but they will help the bottom line.

Truthfully it doesn't really matter since the game isn't for me anymore.

Reactions: yuriikajapan

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You assume everything that was said and communicated happened only on F95.
No, I don't. I've been active on the developer's discord. I have never subscribed, so I don't have access to the subscriber channel on discord nor any patreon posts. I am familiar with many of the Patreon posts that has been shared here (and some I have found on Kemono party). However, you are the one saying something different than what has been presented previously but have not show proof from any of them to support your memory.
NTR hints were present, but I enjoyed the art as many did. It being a secondary fetish (his direct words) that it wouldn't be a focus led me and others to believe it would remain low priority.
It has remained a low priority - not getting shit for content for nearly 5 years. And only now getting half of one update and nothing planned for the next. What you mean is that you believed there would be "no content" even though that was never promised that way.
I think devs should respect their own words and live up to them
I agree with you on this. However where I differ is I believe that developers should be true to themselves and their vision and their interests rather than sticking a finger in the air and changing direction all the time simply because a wind blows - including the special interests of a small vocal subgroup, or because a fan may have a few extra bucks and wants their waifu to get some extra storyline time.

That is a huge problem with Uberpie. He has no sense of commitment, to himself or his words. He changes direction constantly. From having netorare/ntr content to reducing it to appease some supporters/fans. From saying never to make "mega updates" ever again, only to having "mega updates" taking half a year or longer again and again. From (poorly) attempting to have players choose different characters to play the game from to simply leaving it in and never addressing it again nor fixing it so that it isn't a weird, confusing part of the game. And deciding to add "sandbox like" elements that have was shittily done, not improved for the past year and a half - with sandbox characters existing in multiple places at the same time, and at the same time as a quest task character being in a completely other location (or even.. in the same location in some instances). Then deciding to start up on the netorare/ntr route - but not at the beginning from where it branches off - but at day 145 and confusing players again. Now, using AI art that is trained on his original work - but not revising/editing/correcting the resulting art - leaving terrible results of fingers, extra skin, off-model art, etc. Let's not forget not having sufficient commitment to actually fixing problems that have been in release after release after release - simply just moving forward with the problems continuing onward.

But hey, it's his product and the commitment he appears to have is to throw shit at the wall and go with whatever sticks at the moment - and just keep flinging shit while people eat it up.

Reactions: Heitcaho

Hans_Olo

May 18, 2019
No, it's Uberpie being lazy and lacking attention to detail.
How often the images show something completely different than the text says... I mean, the story's good. The graphics are good. But, man, the programming is just... ugh. As much as it sucks that Summertime Saga takes ages for updates, but Dark Cookie at least pays attention to details.

Reactions: tiredofcensorship

SGGG

May 9, 2020
That's actually how UberPie planned it, as I can still remember it. Until this project got bigger, he added this NTR to the main story (which was actually quite good). But for some, the users (the subscriptions) couldn't handle it and complained. And since then UberPie has been making the NTR extra who like it or not, but costs a lot of time with the help of the AI-Art which also needs to be corrected (Danny with the 6 finger).

I'm excited to see what the new update will be like and then we can deal with this topic again, END

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
The AI crap is just another item that likely will never be fixed , add it to the list of things that should have been fixed ages ago. As long as the AI simps are all gaga over what he is doing it will not get fixed. There is simply no incentive for him to do so.

In the earlier days the art and story were this games biggest draws and they were good enough to make it possible to overlook the bugs ,grammar, and the funky ass quest system. Around the time of the new beginning to the story the game went to third world status and now with the addition of the really sub par AI art , there is very little left for long time fans to be excited about.

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes