ariloxi

Feb 10, 2017
If it's a promise... I guess " nara, shikata ga nai "
I have a question : when you will finished Taffy Tales, will you make another game with the same art style, but without any NTR or sharing plan ?
They are making that game right now, since they've stated every time that NTR is going to be optional and easily avoidable.

Reactions: BigBobIsHere

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I don't think it'll matter too much. LR is building a story with logical end points and the updates come fairly quickly for just how large they are, especially with drawn art.

It won't be like if Summertime Saga added NTR where every girl would need a 6 month update and development of anything else would come to a screeching halt, leaving non NTR fans dry for years.

I'm more interested in seeing exactly what the "friendship" route is about. Right now it seems to be solely based off of tagteaming girls, which seems weird. Sure, it could end up a cool buddy cop story but it'd be nice to have something substantially different in the lewdness as well. Truth be told I'd rather have a pure love/non rapey route than this if that's all there is.
It's definitely one that's bothered me the most. I want to be more than just 'tag-teaming' etc, while the others are straightforward, this one is the most tricky as a balancing act. In my mind at the moment, it's a 'what if' which will allow the player to see a very different side to Darnell and reveal more of the secrets that the main route won't necessarily reveal.

Reactions: seralam

Arassei

May 28, 2019
even i hate NTR, but please don't talk to the dev like that.. its not his fault, don't badger him
Wow wow !
Calm down.
I didn't talk bad or anything. I don't badger anyone.
Au contraire, If it's a promise, there is nothing we can do to make things changes. That's what I wanted to say.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
No idea! I'd very like to be involved from a project from the ground up with Uber, when I first joined there was a lot of fundamental issues with the narrative etc, a lot of stereotypes. I was faced with a choice between trying to work around the issues or to just suggest restarting the game from the ground up with Uber. Consider Uber would absolutely have hated the second idea, and I think the audience would have just given up then and there at the time, (We didn't have much audience goodwill), I decided to work around the issues and get to where we are now.

Though personally, I like giving players choice, I'm a huge fan of RPG's where the players get to control the kind of story they want. So take from that what you will, but by the time we start the next game (in the way distant future), I'm hoping to make it even more ambitious than this in every way.
In short, wait and see.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
It's definitely one that's bothered me the most. I want to be more than just 'tag-teaming' etc, while the others are straightforward, this one is the most tricky as a balancing act. In my mind at the moment, it's a 'what if' which will allow the player to see a very different side to Darnell and reveal more of the secrets that the main route won't necessarily reveal.
As I know you already know, that's a pretty hard sell considering both other routes have Darnell as the main rival and major asshole. I know I'm just one guy but sharing is a bit "NTR lite" for me, and I'd want something more substantial than a Darnell focused story to get me to play the route.

Back before I realized I couldn't read, I thought the friendship route was the only one with pregnancy, maybe as a mechanic to "claim" women away from Darnell, which could have been an interesting idea. So if you remember some idiot being excited about the friendship route it was me....

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
As I know you already know, that's a pretty hard sell considering both other routes have Darnell as the main rival and major asshole. I know I'm just one guy but sharing is a bit "NTR lite" for me, and I'd want something more substantial than a Darnell focused story to get me to play the route.

Back before I realized I couldn't read, I thought the friendship route was the only one with pregnancy, maybe as a mechanic to "claim" women away from Darnell, which could have been an interesting idea. So if you remember some idiot being excited about the friendship route it was me....
I'm not a fan of sharing or NTR but I wouldn't say they're the same thing.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

It's generally the route I'm least confident with at the moment, BUT, In fairness, it also the route I've put the least thought into at the moment, so there is that.

So until I have a more concrete plan with it, there's not much I can add.

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Instead of making another route that focuses on the black dude why not make another one that actually focuses on the MC? Sure a cuckold route was promised, and a chunk wants it, so give them that route. But a even bigger portion hate Darnell and doesn't want to see them at all. Its a waste of a route and development time, it only appeals to cucks.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Yeah right, a restaurant and players's psychology are completly the same.
Pff.
To me it's more compairing sex to restaurants. It's rare I get actually disgusting by what people eat. It's close enough though. It's not like the message is obscure or wrong.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Instead of making another route that focuses on the black dude why not make another one that actually focuses on the MC? Sure a cuckold route was promised, and a chunk wants it, so give them that route. But a even bigger portion hate Darnell and doesn't want to see them at all. Its a waste of a route and development time, it only appeals to cucks.
It isn't supposed to be a Darnell route, it's supposed to be a 'Team route', a sort of middle ground where you help each other score girls and deal with the main plot from a different angle. It's one that me and Uber would need to discuss its functionality and if the demand is still there, or whether we can make it unique enough to justify it, (we are far too busy with the main Route at the moment to even talk about it really). It was also a route that was promised before my involvement, so I do feel obliged to see it through.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
It isn't supposed to be a Darnell route, it's supposed to be a 'Team route', a sort of middle ground where you help each other score girls and deal with the main plot from a different angle. It's one that me and Uber would need to discuss its functionality and if the demand is still there, or whether we can make it unique enough to justify it, (we are far too busy with the main Route at the moment to even talk about it really). It was also a route that was promised before my involvement, so I do feel obliged to see it through.
If nothing else it sounds like a refreshingly different take. It may not be somehing I particularly like but I might check it out for curiosity alone.

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Yeah great, another route where he bangs half the girls, very original, very fun. Of all the ideas that could be done that has to be the most awful. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to make two versions of each scene for each girl. Just a waste, a boring waste.

• Haha
Reactions: Shovelface99

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Yeah great, another route where he bangs half the girls, very original, very fun. Of all the ideas that could be done that has to be the most awful. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to make two versions of each scene for each girl. Just a waste, a boring waste.
I disagree, again I mentioned I'm not too into sharing but how many games do you have friend to be a wingman for you or you be a wingman for him? That's kind of interesting.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I literally haven't even wrote a single word of it yet. As I have put zero thought into it practically. Stop jumping the gun, I have no idea what the plan will look like when I actually map it out.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Karma's point still stand.
I am not a NTR fan and adding more contents of things I am not into would probably slow down contents for things I am into. However, there are other people who are into it. I dont see the point in complaining unless production of contents you are into is slowed down drastically.
uuuuuhh.
I am not complaining about anything. I knew from the first time a played this game that it will have NTR in the futur, I read patreon page and post on this forum, etc.
I just want to remember you all that my original post was to ask a simple question to the Devs. U_u

• Angry
Reactions: Shovelface99
3.50 star(s) 345 Votes