VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Well.. definitely weird shit happening.
Can anyone explain the APK file size to lack of game length to me? Theres not even many animations but it took my no time at all to fly through this and it's almost a gig?

But! Great game so far. Intrigued and interested in the storyline.
roughly 1000 images + animations might explain the filesize^^

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Well.. definitely weird shit happening.
Can anyone explain the APK file size to lack of game length to me? Theres not even many animations but it took my no time at all to fly through this and it's almost a gig?

But! Great game so far. Intrigued and interested in the storyline.
Yes, easily. It's because of the more realistic movement of the characters you're interacting with: the swaying, head movement, lip curling, blinking, you name it. And that's not even taking the many changes of scenery into account. As the game doesn't draw different character models on a static background but rather shows renders of the full scene, every slight change in posture of any character requires a new image. And although recreation's already using webp to keep the size managable those images do add up:

1593700624276.png

Hope that helps!

D'oh! Ninja'd by rec themselves... :)

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Still confusing as fuck and wish there was a walk-through or some guidance on decisions. Iggdra is now voiced by 'Macho Man' Randy Savage in my head too...she threatens to crush bones too often for this to not be the case.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Still confusing as fuck and wish there was a walk-through or some guidance on decisions. Iggdra is now voiced by 'Macho Man' Randy Savage in my head too...she threatens to crush bones too often for this to not be the case.
Well, I for one do really hope that the level of intrigue (or confusion as you put it) will keep on rising in the coming updates.

At the moment there are no consequences to the choices you make. If bad memories serve there won't be a clear distinction between good and bad choices but rather a scaling influence on the reactions of the characters to the MC. But if you're really hung up on the choices now you can always look them up in the files:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope that helps!

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Well, I for one do really hope that the level of intrigue (or confusion as you put it) will keep on rising in the coming updates.

At the moment there are no consequences to the choices you make. If bad memories serve there won't be a clear distinction between good and bad choices but rather a scaling influence on the reactions of the characters to the MC. But if you're really hung up on the choices now you can always look them up in the files:
Hope that helps!
Not a 100% true, there are some minor consequences, like when you have to decide where you sleep -> you get a different wakeup scene, or if you decide to talk about what happened in the bath house with Laurie... which has several minor, let's say, nuances in some dialogues and scenes ;)
Also, regarding the points, it's a little bit different than in BM, in BM losing points does't necessarily mean a bad thing, here in WS it does, but it doesn't mean you'll automatically get a bad ending in the future.

Reactions: Hordragg

arzino

Jan 2, 2019
This is some really good special weird shit seriously. I haven't skipped a single line of text, how often is it updated? Can not wait for more

Reactions: Valronn

zwillz

Jul 4, 2020
View attachment 436642

Overview:
Your parents are dead, they died in a car accident and you were the driver. This happened about a year ago and you've fully recovered from your injuries by now. Life goes on, but the company you worked for doesn't exist anymore and you have some serious trouble finding a new workplace. To make things worse, you still have to pay the loan for the funeral of your parents and for the damage your accident caused. Money starts to grow slow when suddenly a letter from your estranged grandmother arrives. Weird shit is going to happen!
Thread Updated: 2020-06-28
Release Date: 2020-06-28
Developer: recreation - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.3
Language: English
Other Games: Nya - Bad Memories
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - -
Mac: MEGA - - -
Android: MEGA - - -
Android (arm64): MEGA - - -

If you aren't sure about the android version, use the first.

Win/Linux: - MEGA -
Mac: - MEGA -
Other:
COMPRESSED*

Extras: FAN SIGS

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 436312 View attachment 436311 View attachment 436310 View attachment 436309 View attachment 436308 View attachment 436307 View attachment 436306 View attachment 436304 View attachment 436302 View attachment 553977 View attachment 553978 View attachment 553979
Thanks

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
This is some really good special weird shit seriously. I haven't skipped a single line of text, how often is it updated? Can not wait for more
I'm working on two games and switch after every update, usually the update for the other game takes much longer then for this one.

issues with the save locations & text being off screen!
Android version?

Aug 7, 2019
Great, now every time Iggdra is happy i'm gonna hear Randy Savage in my head saying "Oh Yeah". Title is right on the money though, there's definitely some weird shit happening.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Indeed weird shit did happen and keeps happening, so I'm not disappointed, I do hope we get some more choices in the way of talking about what is happening or not, but otherwise, the game is as good as ever, I'll be patiently waiting for both Bad memories and this one

Aug 14, 2018
I played it from the beginning to the end. Well what can I say. Weird shit has happened!

Btw. I played the 4k version and I did not encounter any problems nor did I find any typos. But that could be me, not being very good at proofreading. You know what they say:"At any given time, the number of typos in any document is the number of found typos plus one". I sense there is a induction problem somewhere in this claim but I cannot put my finger on it...

Anyway, I enjoyed the time I spend with this game so far. Thank you recreation . Looking forward to more! (y)

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
First i have to say that i hope i dont think of ugnaught sounding like macho man when i see iggdra lol.

Ok i have never played a game with crazy story like this, loving it so far and iv got more of this version to play, i usually play these games with the aim to fap at some point but i cant stop playing for the story, so many suprises and crazy twists i cant wait for more. The renders and animations are top quality and the characters are interesting and do look great.

I do have a question tho, is the whole entire game silent? Is for me and this game would be hard to beat with sound effects and during sex scenes, volume could easily be turned down for those who dont want it.
Anyway love this game and this dev is making great games plus great sence of humour interacting on the thread which is nice to see :)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
First i have to say that i hope i dont think of ugnaught sounding like macho man when i see iggdra lol.

Ok i have never played a game with crazy story like this, loving it so far and iv got more of this version to play, i usually play these games with the aim to fap at some point but i cant stop playing for the story, so many suprises and crazy twists i cant wait for more. The renders and animations are top quality and the characters are interesting and do look great.

I do have a question tho, is the whole entire game silent? Is for me and this game would be hard to beat with sound effects and during sex scenes, volume could easily be turned down for those who dont want it.
Anyway love this game and this dev is making great games plus great sence of humour interacting on the thread which is nice to see :)
I'm not a big music fan in games and I also don't want to use stuff that's been used in other games twentyquadzillion times already if you know what I mean, so I only add music and sound when I think there is some necessary, or you could say "when I feel like it". In BM I have a bit sound and music already, but since WS is just a side project, I didn't really take the time for it yet, but I will probably add some sfx in the future.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes