VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
This is the best "side project" ever lol, i do find it odd to play games with no sound of any kind but i do understand what you mean, when u add sfx in the future i will be blown away lol, cant wait for more crazy original story too :)

Reactions: recreation

McDentao

Jan 2, 2019
By what i have read in the thread i'm the fist to think it, but weird shit is happening so much that I'm starting to think that Eva is the Grandma. Since the beggining she is the only one who talks and sees the granma, i think it's weird the way she acts with the mc, talking too much about the heritage. And
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
is this abandoned ?
There is this mystical and unbelievable legend about a concept called "reading the OP" (Original Post - the first post of the thread). It is believed that this unholy creation has the information divined directly from the developer and lets the reader know usefull information that is not available elsewhere. The OP would tell you that the last update was bestowed upon us mere mortals on the 28th of June.

Update.jpg

Umm, I'm bored. The last update was recent and Rec is currently working on his main game for now, before returning to this one. Definitely not abandoned.

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
not sure if I missed a patch or something but my download seems to be corrupted or something? these thumb nails are so freaken huge and I cant seem to change the page either. and my saves dont seem to work either. I get an error page when trying to load it. though when I start the game over it doesnt allow me to skipped seen content, Im assuming it got an over haul? or did my stuff get corrupted?

1595029153031.png

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
not sure if I missed a patch or something but my download seems to be corrupted or something? these thumb nails are so freaken huge and I cant seem to change the page either. and my saves dont seem to work either. I get an error page when trying to load it. though when I start the game over it doesnt allow me to skipped seen content, Im assuming it got an over haul? or did my stuff get corrupted?

View attachment 734329
That is because you played the previous 4k version and is trying to play the new one with 1080p at least that was it in my case

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
so how do I convert it back to 1080p then? theres no resolution setting anywhere that I see.
The problem lies with the resolution of the 'screenshot.png' in your save files. These where made using the 4k version and aren't properly scaled on the 1080p version. You could either delete the files from the saves or scale them down. The save files are regular zip archives and easily manipulated. I'm not in the mood to hunt the Zone for the exact location of Ren'Py saves on Windows platforms but on linux they're stored in the folder ~/.renpy.

tundralupus and HorizonD gave sound advice, also.

Reactions: recreation

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Oh, I didn't see that, Sorry.
The path in Windows is: C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\WeirdShitIsGoingToHappen-1569898448

Reactions: Hordragg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Damn, so many posts and I didn't get the notifications >_>
Sorry for the late answer and thanks to everyone who answered the questions I should've answered.
I'll implement automatic scaling for the 1080p versions save file screenshots in the next update ;)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Here's a quick fix for the screenshots if anybody still needs it. Just drop into the "game" folder (make sure to remove the numbers added by the forum, the name should be "script.rpy", overwrite the original).

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Is it just me or some of the animations aren't playing? The blowjob scene with mom, the animation doesn't play.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes