VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
weird, but it doesn't crash or anything and goes on showing text and the following images?
Nope it doesn't crash, and it shows the text and everything else. I thought the scene was weird so I decided to check the games' files and that is when I found out that the BJ scene was supposed to be animated. I played the beginning of the game now to check if it happens in other parts of the game and the first scene in the train, there are some animations that don't play aswell.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Nope it doesn't crash, and it shows the text and everything else. I thought the scene was weird so I decided to check the games' files and that is when I found out that the BJ scene was supposed to be animated. I played the beginning of the game now to check if it happens in other parts of the game and the first scene in the train, there are some animations that don't play aswell.
4k or 1080p?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
hmm... maybe it's hardware limitations, renpy can be really demanding (it's not optimized for media stuff) and my videos use HQ codec. Just a guess, but the compressed version should probably work for you.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
hmm... maybe it's hardware limitations, renpy can be really demanding (it's not optimized for media stuff) and my videos use HQ codec. Just a guess, but the compressed version should probably work for you.
Well your game really lives up to its name. Just downloaded the 4k version and everything works fine :KEK:

Reactions: recreation

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Any news on next update hate to ask but Dev has finger in so many pies it's hard to find news on this game?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Any news on next update hate to ask but Dev has finger in so many pies it's hard to find news on this game?
Like Ilan said, I'm currently working on the Bad Memories update, after that I'm going to update this one. It's too hot to work with two pc's >_>

And Nya and asset creation
Also like Ilan said, Nya is long finished, it was just a quick side project, asset creation I do when I need something specific, or have some time to spare.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Like Ilan said, I'm currently working on the Bad Memories update, after that I'm going to update this one. It's too hot to work with two pc's >_>

Also like Ilan said, Nya is long finished, it was just a quick side project, asset creation I do when I need something specific, or have some time to spare.
Thanks for clearing that up

Nov 18, 2019
Gratz for you hard work, it's a great, strange and very very funny game, im on it, waiting the next update, it's kinda confusing at start, but also very enjoyable, i'm waiting how the MC knows her Grandmother, must be a very shock moment, anyway, thanks for make our lives a little bit happier :)

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
This game is definitely unique. The concept, the characters and writing are all great. The story so far is more questions than answers so it's a bit hard to comment on it, although it looks very promising. I hope the story will start to unravel somehow in some foreseeable future. Definitely looking forward to seeing future updates.

PrettyWolfy

Apr 15, 2020
If anyone is interested in the Russian translation of this game, you can look here (ofc this is an unofficial translation)

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
WELL, THEN.

I had just discovered this dev (recreation) when I saw a link for "Bad Memories" in someone's sig referring to it as one of several "underrated games," and thought that it was pretty dark and depressing, but continued on to look at "Nya!" which immediately caught my attention when I saw the title, and it actually seemed like a complete 180 from the previous game, and then... this, promising "weird shit" on top of even more depressing, dark.... uh... shit.

Dare I say I found a brother (or sister, perhaps?) in bipolar disorders?

• Haha
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes