VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Glapperr

Jul 7, 2020
View attachment 1547116

Overview:
Your parents are dead, they died in a car accident and you were the driver. This happened about a year ago and you've fully recovered from your injuries by now. Life goes on, but the company you worked for doesn't exist anymore and you have some serious trouble finding a new workplace. To make things worse, you still have to pay the loan for the funeral of your parents and for the damage your accident caused. Money starts to grow slow when suddenly a letter from your estranged grandmother arrives. Weird shit is going to happen!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2023-10-07
Release Date: 2023-10-07
Developer: recreation - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.7
Language: English
Other Games: Nya - Her Birthday - Bad Memories
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

If the mac version doesn't start:

ATTENTION!
I've made a lot of code changes and updated to renpy version 8, you'll need to start a new game!

DOWNLOAD
1080p
Win/Linux/Mac
:
MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Android
(v0.6.1): MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -

Win/Linux/Mac
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Extra: FAN SIGS - ITALIAN TRANSLATION*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 436312 View attachment 436311 View attachment 436310 View attachment 436309 View attachment 436308 View attachment 436307 View attachment 436306 View attachment 436304 View attachment 436302 View attachment 553977 View attachment 553978 View attachment 553979
whoa
beena while(fuck its long shit time)

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
I don't know if this has changed in this update or if others have made this remark.

A sex scene looses 80% of the appeal if it happens when I'm asleep. I imagine it works for ntr. But if the mc is to be involved with a scene, waking up to the scene ending kinda ruins it. (for the record, I don't enjoy any sleep molestation/sex/rape in other games either)

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
A sex scene looses 80% of the appeal if it happens when I'm asleep. I imagine it works for ntr. But if the mc is to be involved with a scene, waking up to the scene ending kinda ruins it. (for the record, I don't enjoy any sleep molestation/sex/rape in other games either)
I get you on that. I'm holding off running thru this, so can't answer your other. Oddly, this VN always felt "different", in a good way, almost as if it wasn't Earth, or that it was just a bit further out there than "reality". Other VNs seem more "realistic" and, in those, that sort of scene is definitely a killjoy. (Heck, I seriously doubt anyone would be able to stay asleep during the scenes in this VN.)

There was another VN that added in some sleeprape content after a few updates, but how they did it was so counter to their original treatment of the MC that it ruined the whole story. Several others complained about it, so I know I wasn't the only one. This VN, however, has always been one of those "outer limits" or "twilight zone" type of stories that require just shutting off normal expectations and go along for the ride. Or, the 20%.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
I like the story so far.

My complaint (aside from my other comment) is how them updates feel short! Maybe the story is that damn good. However it still feels so short!

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
I get you on that. I'm holding off running thru this, so can't answer your other. Oddly, this VN always felt "different", in a good way, almost as if it wasn't Earth, or that it was just a bit further out there than "reality". Other VNs seem more "realistic" and, in those, that sort of scene is definitely a killjoy. (Heck, I seriously doubt anyone would be able to stay asleep during the scenes in this VN.)

There was another VN that added in some sleeprape content after a few updates, but how they did it was so counter to their original treatment of the MC that it ruined the whole story. Several others complained about it, so I know I wasn't the only one. This VN, however, has always been one of those "outer limits" or "twilight zone" type of stories that require just shutting off normal expectations and go along for the ride. Or, the 20%.
I just played through so I found the answer. There were no scenes in this update so maybe, maybe not. I do like the game but damn does it take a while for there to be a satisfactory amount of content to not have me on a cliffhangar

Reactions: jdw6
Nov 19, 2021
I can verify too that the 4K version has really tiny text when having to put in your name and a few other things. But the majority of the text is normal.

Also...did we even need a 4K version? I mean this isn't Cyberpunk 2077 or Baldur's Gate 3 here.

One thing I will say though...the game is really good. I wish that there was more that I could explore, but despite all that...it's fantastic.

Nov 9, 2022
Well, I've been playing for a while. I've gotten to the part where the MC and Liv run into the Vara girl. Anyway, there's something I have to get off my chest: The MC is a freaking imbecile. I *suppose* he's acting this way to provide "drama" by hiding everything from everyone as much as he possibly can, leaving almost everyone in the dark about what is going, and hobbling any attempt for them to actually be helpful.

There are so many avoidable misunderstandings based on his non-stop lying that it's not even funny. How am I suppose to have any respect for someone that moronic? Also, he freaks out over the wrong things and doesn't pursue answers properly at all. And if he knows that there are multiple timelines and/or dimensions involved, WHY doesn't he tell people about that? Especially Eve, who seems to be the central hub of all these goings-on. I don't view these things as "funny", just as dumb.

Frankly, if the girls weren't as hot as they are, and the sex scenes as (relatively) good as they are, I would've dropped this long ago. As it is, the plot is carrying it -- the plot and the girls, not the MC. I hope that changes at some point.

Okay. I got that off my chest. Sorry about venting so much. :p

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
A fucking freeroam? Why?
Text at selections is kinda tiny for me, dialogue one is fine (and adjustable via settings)

what to change?
I ended up downloading the 1080p version instead.
I had the same issue and I was using the 4k version, didn't affect regular text though.
Several people reported that it fixes itself when restarting the game. I suspect it has something to do with the persistent file from older saves.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jdw6

Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
oh yes, of course there is some meaning in your words, you are right in a certain way. BUT! there is one BUT - the project does not change the engine every day and a hundred times a day, right? and just once, somehow, these same “many people” (sorry, "a lot of people". translator suxx) will endure and not break. Moreover, the speech is being carried out ONLY by holding down the CTRL button for a while. Those who are especially lazy can put something heavy on this button and go drink coffee. for example, an ordinary clothespin can be used for this purpose - you see, I’m even sharing technology on how even lazy people can endure these few tens of minutes while the game is played at a fast pace.

peace! =)
I'll do you one better, they could just press tab once and it'll just keep auto-skipping.

Reactions: ramvivat

starkj

May 17, 2022
Is it really necessary to start a new save? My old saves seem to be working fine.

Also, what does green and purple color mean on choices?

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes