• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

starkj

May 17, 2022
i suggest to start fresh (play with hint)
there's couple scene you miss on this new update if dont start fresh
Ah ok, but what does the colors mean in the hints? Love ( green ) and corruption/authority ( purple ) ??

SoraGG

Feb 9, 2018
Ah ok, but what does the colors mean in the hints? Love ( green ) and corruption/authority ( purple ) ??
more like just some indicator for love (green) & submissive (purple)
just focus on ! icon
it will tell you get scene or not
i did that and i get some new scene i didnt see before
ex :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: starkj

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
why is so hard for so many people to just turn on the "skip unread text" option and just press ctrl till you get to the new update?

is it rocket science?
is your ctrl key not working?
can't your pc render more than 1 frame a second?
Depending on the game, there's often more than one route. And I don't know about you, but I, for one, don't have a photographic memory.
Yeah, it's no problem using Fast Skip or even Jump Skip, it is a problem having to try to remember which f'king choices you made...
Especially if out of every ten games you play, at least three pull this stunt. I don't have the memory of a f'ing elephant,
which remembers that bloody kid from 40 years ago refusing to give him a rollo.
Besides, it's just plain annoying, I don't play these games to skip through them.

Also, why is it so hard for a dev to at least include saves up to the end of the previous version?
The Save feature is not there for no reason... You'd be talking a different tune if you had to do this with every game if there wasn't that feature

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974 and Tux_

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
Depending on the game, there's often more than one route. And I don't know about you, but I, for one, don't have a photographic memory.
Yeah, it's no problem using Fast Skip or even Jump Skip, it is a problem having to try to remember which f'king choices you made...
Especially if out of every ten games you play, at least three pull this stunt. I don't have the memory of a f'ing elephant,
which remembers that bloody kid from 40 years ago refusing to give him a rollo.
Besides, it's just plain annoying, I don't play these games to skip through them.

Also, why is it so hard for a dev to at least include saves up to the end of the previous version?
The Save feature is not there for no reason... You'd be talking a different tune if you had to do this with every game if there wasn't that feature
I'd hardly call it a stunt. Rec did explain their reasoning for updating the engine four months ago now. In this very thread. Here is a link, just in case you missed it.

And the reason they can't 'provide saves up to the old version' issue is explained by one of your complaints right here. How do they know what decisions each person has made to that point? Do you want a save for every single possible outcome of every single combination of every single variable to that point?

That's the risk you take of playing an in-development game. If you don't want to have to restart games, wait for them to finish before playing. It's just a slightly tedious fact of this kind of development. Sometimes, changes in code break things. It's not like the devs maliciously set out to force you to replay it every time. Code is complex and most of them are hobbyists. And when you build new code on top of old code and that old code stops working or needs changes, the whole thing collapses. Such is life.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Excuse me, I can’t convey in words the sound that made the “Johnny fifth”* after the “swallowing” of the next volume of the encyclopedia - but it is this sound that I want to make ...
I am in full delight by the update.
The waiting was worth it.

*Robot character from "Short Circuit"

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
A few corrections:
I don't think there was any indication that Iggdra and Nara are mother and daughter. Also, Iggdra is just 29 and Nara 23, so rather unlikely. If I'm not mistaken, Nara's father was a son of the grandfather. Nara is therefore the cousin of MC and Mia.

The MC above should be "Grandfather", if I'm not mistaken his name was Peter.

Eva is not the mother of Laurie. Eva is more of a stepmother. Consequently, Beth and Laurie are half siblings.

MC and Mia are merely half-siblings, if I'm not mistaken:
Beth had a liaison with MC's father, grandfather made him disappear, Beth ran away and later remarried. From this connection Mia was born in a few timelines.

People you missed:
Noire, the hacker aka the girl from the train: she mentions that grandfather was her biological father, therefore she is the aunt of MC, Mia and Nara. And she's also the great aunt of her friend Liv, so to speak.

Venari, the Vana: It turns out that her mother had a brief affair with a non-Vana. So there's some evidence that she's either an aunt or cousin of our protagonist.

As for Lilibeth: I don't think there's been any indication that she's related to MC and the rest of the family, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if she were, especially considering what Grandfather did with the amulet.

Other than that, grandfather's sisters are still missing from the family tree; while we can probably assume that his mother and unkind sister are no longer alive, at least his kind sister is apparently still alive, and was in a coma until the end of the update, during which she apparently barely aged.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
And the reason they can't 'provide saves up to the old version' issue is explained by one of your complaints right here. How do they know what decisions each person has made to that point? Do you want a save for every single possible outcome of every single combination of every single variable to that point?
Come on, there aren't that many paths in the game.
And having full knowledge of the structure, it's fairly easy for them to use the console and set the required variables for each path.
Be that as it may, I'm out and this one goes on the backburner.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes