Legend 123

May 28, 2018
I think I have mentioned that i dont know whats the problem, Ren'py handles the saves, as in renpy its supposed to save the appropiate variables, i dont really know why renpy wont be saving a specific variable, nor how i could fix that-

it doesnt helps that i dont have that problem, so if i cant duplicate the problem, its harder for me to fix it
Then do I wait for next version hoping it will fixed ??

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
okay i checked it again, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, not sure if when you or someone else asked tho: You are getting the upgrade and it saves, its just the button to acquire it doesn't changes (just checking the code, the problem is if you have enough money to purchase it again it still shows as purchaseable).

In other words, you have the update, its just the UI that is broken.

I will add a small message that says "PURCHASED"
Thanks for clarifying I hope it will be fixed in next update. Other than that is there any story content in recent update??

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Thanks for clarifying I hope it will be fixed in next update. Other than that is there any story content in recent update??
actually disregard that, deleted the post because actually at times it works, at times it doesnt, i am not sure whats the problem, i will look into it but maybe not for this update (which is coming today), it may come as a hotfix soon once i figure out whats going on

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
actually disregard that, deleted the post because actually at times it works, at times it doesnt, i am not sure whats the problem, i will look into it but maybe not for this update (which is coming today), it may come as a hotfix soon once i figure out whats going on
Ok
Pls find a solution soom

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Ok
Pls find a solution soom
okay fixed it! It was really troublesome, apparently ren'py its pretty retarded in some regards, and after some research i found what was the problem and then figured out the solution, NOW this is important: after you upgrade something you need to sleep or move somewhere else and then save, otherwise it wont stick, but beyond that its working now

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
okay fixed it! It was really troublesome, apparently ren'py its pretty retarded in some regards, and after some research i found what was the problem and then figured out the solution, NOW this is important: after you upgrade something you need to sleep or move somewhere else and then save, otherwise it wont stick, but beyond that its working now
Thanks I will try it in morning

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for the quick work. Now I realize that I was having the same problem but the way I figured it out was to check my daily summary which showed that everything was happening as if I had the upgrade but the upgrade still showed that I could purchase it. Yes I have enough money to buy it. Thanks @PARTH CHOPRA for being persistent with this issue.

Edit: And thanks MaraTDuoDev for sticking with it.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
s
Thanks for the quick work. Now I realize that I was having the same problem but the way I figured it out was to check my daily summary which showed that everything was happening as if I had the upgrade but the upgrade still showed that I could purchase it. Yes I have enough money to buy it. Thanks @PARTH CHOPRA for being persistent with this issue.
some bugs are too subtle and hard to catch to be honest, and since some people were saying that it worked fine, i thought it may have been an issue with an old save, glad to see it was not the case and that it could be fixed.

Reactions: Legend 123

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Just checked and I was able to purchase it again but then when I went back the Acquire button was grayed out. So I didn't save it cuz I don't want Luka to purchase another 10 supplies each day.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Just checked and I was able to purchase it again but then when I went back the Acquire button was grayed out. So I didn't save it cuz I don't want Luka to purchase another 10 supplies each day.
No, it doesnt works, what happen is when you save and load it doesnt properly saves, at least not at times

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
No, it doesnt works, what happen is when you save and load it doesnt properly saves, at least not at times
Thanks and when the update comes later toady I will test it again and not make the purchase until I need to. Just have to remember to not do it till then is all. Maybe this update will register that I have made the purchase or wait till the fix is applied. Using that daily summary is a great way of keeping tabs on what is going on.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Thanks and when the update comes later toady I will test it again and not make the purchase until I need to. Just have to remember to not do it till then is all. Maybe this update will register that I have made the purchase or wait till the fix is applied. Using that daily summary is a great way of keeping tabs on what is going on.
as far as i tested right now, it should be working, so there shouldnt be problem with this

I need to make a more complete summary, for the next version tho :p

Legend 123

May 28, 2018
after upgrading now it is giving this error:-
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 45, in script
    $ _fin_supp_research = _0
  File "game/script/production/daily changes.rpy", line 45, in <module>
NameError: name '_0' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.6a
i followed your advice to save at another location after upgrading but when i load it starts from home what to do??

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
after upgrading now it is giving this error:-
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\PARTH\Desktop\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\TakeOver-0.6a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.6a
i followed your advice to save at another location after upgrading but when i load it starts from home what to do??
eh... i meant its fixed in the new version im working, this one for now wont work.

i think this was another error that i think i already fixed, but not sure

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes