Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
i dont know where that folder is
Oh. You went to far. :ROFLMAO:
You unpacked the .jar don't do that.

Follow this steps:
  1. Go to the first page.
  2. Download the Zip under "win64" (mac or linux if you have that system installed)
  3. Unpack
  4. Download the newest .jar under Java. (if the zip has a earlier number than Java)
  5. Rename it to TalesOfAndrogyny.jar
  6. Put it into the win64 folder and replace the old one.
  7. Start the game with the .exe.

I will post a new install instruction later this day, the ones from Majalis.

Last edited:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
New full game folder will be uploaded on the first. But I it should work with the v.0.3.14.0 folder from the frontpage the save changes are already integrated. What do you get for a error msg? What is you jar called? It has to be TalesOfAndrogyny.jar.

Hmm. How do you start the game? With the .jar or the .exe?
I've known about having to delete the 'extra's for quite a while.
There wasn't an error. Just got a loading icon and then nothing happened.

I already downloaded the 3.14.0 and saw the bugfix .jar and they worked together fine once I deleted the original ToA i had been using to drop the updated .jar files into for the last year or two.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I've known about having to delete the 'extra's for quite a while.
There wasn't an error. Just got a loading icon and then nothing happened.

I already downloaded the 3.14.0 and saw the bugfix .jar and they worked together fine once I deleted the original ToA i had been using to drop the updated .jar files into for the last year or two.
Hmm sorry, I don't understand does it work now or still don't? Am also not quite sure what could be the problem.
But anyways on the 1st there will be a new Monthly, the folder will be updated then.

And it seems like it works now for incspector :)

Reactions: Twiton and Lebrix

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hmm sorry, I don't understand does it work now or still don't? Am also not quite sure what could be the problem.
But anyways on the 1st there will be a new Monthly, the folder will be updated then.

And it seems like it works now for incspector :)
"and they worked together fine"
Quote from my own post you quoted, lol.

But yes. I downloaded the fresh 3.14.0 and stuck the updated bugfix .jar from a couple pages back in and it worked. Though I noticed several 'jitters' in some of the scenes that had never been an issue before. Not sure about those.

Reactions: Bob69

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
i dont know where that folder is
I have reasonable question about your age - android and iphone smartphones not something so old, and before them EVERYONE known, that jar format is application by itself, mostly used on cellphones - in JAVA games and programms.

Lebrix

Jul 7, 2019
I dont seem to have java installed and yet the game works. (W10.) Is the java stuff it needs in the game folder itself? (Sorry for noob question )

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I dont seem to have java installed and yet the game works. (W10.) Is the java stuff it needs in the game folder itself? (Sorry for noob question )
Yes that is what I refer as Standalone build the folders on the front page.
You don't need Java installed anymore, it is actual better to not use Java because I think Majalis is testing the game only with the standalone version

Reactions: Twiton and Lebrix

OathDevil

Apr 4, 2018
The 0.3.14.6 .jar returns an Error when executing for me.
1638194875378.png
I have the latest Java 8 Version installed.
I tried with the Mega and files.fm mirrors so far.

• Sad
Reactions: Twiton

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Here are the Install notes from Majalis. I changed a bit to fit it for F95Zone. And added the notes with the *.
(TL|DR at the bottom)
Mac Install guide* - Linux with nix-shell*

X FULL INSTALL X
------------------------------------------------------
DESKTOP:
1. Download the appropriate ZIP file from the First Page. Options are Windows 64-bit(Win64), Mac, and Linux.​
2. Extract the ZIP file to your preferred target installation folder, either using a program like 7zip or WinRAR, or using the native Windows and Mac archive extraction.​
You should now have a folder in your target installation folder with a name like "Tales of Androgyny Win64" - inside of that folder should be a several files (e.g. TalesOfAndrogyny.jar, TalesOfAndrogyny.json) and a jre folder.​
The structure differs depening on the version, but every version has some kind of application file, config.json, TalesOfAndrogyny.jar and a jre folder somewhere inside of it.​
3. Navigate to and run TalesOfAndrogyny.exe on Windows, Tales of Androgyny Mac.app on Mac, or TalesOfAndrogyny on Linux (note that on Mac and Linux you may need to run chmod -x Tales of Androgyny Mac.app/TalesOfAndrogyny respectively). The game should launch, and the installation is complete!​
Note: saves are located in the following locations by platform:​
Windows: %APPDATA%\TalesOfAndrogyny (Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\TalesOfAndrogyny)​
MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/TalesOfAndrogyny​
Linux: ~/.local/share/TalesOfAndrogyny​

ANDROID:
1. Download the Tales-of-Androgyny.apk file from the First Page.​
2. Using an app management app, sideload the apk file.​
3. The game should now appear as an app - launch it, and installation is complete!​

Note*: If the folder is not the same version number as the game, replaces the .jar inside the folder with the newest .jar from the Java download. (Please also read the "important note" below)
Note2*: If your Windows has Cyrillic folder names, the standalone won't work.

X PARTIAL INSTALL/PATCH X
IF you already have a working full install, the only file that will typically differ between versions is TalesOfAndrogyny.jar. If you're experiencing crash errors with no error message, or error messages relating to ByteBuffers or Reflection, make sure that you do a full redownload.​
TalesOfAndrogny.jar is located in the Game Downloads folder as a standalone. Simply download it and backup and overwrite your current install's TalesOfAndrogyny.jar, and the new version should be visible when you launch the game on the title screen.​

IMPORTANT NOTE*: Make sure your .jar is named "TalesOfAndrogny.jar", if you download it from the First Page.

X TROUBLESHOOTING X
Ensure that all of the necessary files have been downloaded and extracted - the structure differs depening on the version, but every version has some kind of application file, config.json, TalesOfAndrogyny.jar and a jre folder somewhere inside of it.​
The current version of the game supports Java 17, which it comes packaged with. If you attempt to run the .jar, you'll need to run it with a Java 17 install.​
An OpenGL 2.0+ compatible graphics card is a requirement to run the game - make sure your video card drivers are up to date, but fair warning that some video cards (on-board graphics cards for netbooks, for instance) may not support it at all.​
TLDR:
  1. Go to the first page.
  2. Download the Zip under "win64" (mac or linux if you have that system installed)
  3. Unpack
  4. Download the newest .jar under Java. (if the zip has a earlier number than Java)
  5. Rename it to TalesOfAndrogyny.jar (if File name extensions are enabled, if disabled then don't include ".jar")
  6. Put it into the folder with the exe and replace the old one.
  7. Start the game with the .exe.
Step 4-7 can be repeated every monthly/weekly build.
The above one is still to long?

Here is a 3 step guide for Win (and probably Linux too) in color!

Last edited:

Memes2

Jun 24, 2017
New full game folder will be uploaded on the first. But I it should work with the v.0.3.14.0 folder from the frontpage the save changes are already integrated. What do you get for a error msg? What is you jar called? It has to be TalesOfAndrogyny.jar.

Hmm. How do you start the game? With the .jar or the .exe?
I start it with the .jar file because the .exe won't launch it anymore after I updated
(Nevermind I followed the post above and it worked)

Reactions: Twiton and Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
game wont launch
:( I don't know what the problem could be. It's a bit weird that your jar showed as rar archive but I don't think that should be a problem.
You could wait for the 1st DEC when I post the new win64 maybe it will work then. Or install Java 11 and try it like that.
It feels like this whole thread has devolved into a Java helpdesk and savegame troubleshooting.
Yeah. It all started when Java changed something that fucked up the Saves and now that everyone is using a different way of playing there are so many problems :/

Reactions: Twiton
4.50 star(s) 144 Votes