Majalis (ToA)

Jul 31, 2019
I take it back then, it's not really a problem if adding that power dynamic is an easy fix.

I had thought that you were writing a personality for each encounter that furnished each character with their own preferences for the types of sex they preferred to engage in during encounters...like the fire elemental has a preference for rough, violent anal+oral, the ettin strives to restrain Hiro and fill him to overflowing, Trudy likes to ride Hiro into submission, etc.

So, while each character engages in other stances when expedient (eg. Trudy will pin you down and fuck you when he can), they had their own personalities and preferences for how to make Hiro submit?
They do, yeah, that system is already built in, although it admittedly doesn't have too profound of an effect right now. The system does have greater flexibility, with characters having a list of preferences (with their own levels of that preference), and ultimately the hope is to make it so that understanding those preferences makes it easier to "pacify" a character in combat, including things like, say, for example, a character who has poisonous sperm enjoying blowjobs, but also having a preference for dirty talk, and being able to get them off the easy and dangerous way, or the clever way. The Fire Elemental is a good example of a character where that kind of dynamic could come into play.

Right now the sex combat is a fun sandbox to play around in. We want to get more nuanced things in there like character mood, tying in attraction, having characters with preferences *want* to, for instance, dominate Hiro, but Hiro being able to, using his statistics and abilities and player knowledge, "tame" them, so to speak, and that's what the various endings system with its submission and dominance outcomes is in place for. But while that stuff is cool, it's just not as high priority right now. We can spend a ton of time making Hiro's interactions with goblins deep and intricate, and we will, but there's just a lot of other stuff to be done first.

Aug 27, 2018
They do, yeah, that system is already built in, although it admittedly doesn't have too profound of an effect right now. The system does have greater flexibility, with characters having a list of preferences (with their own levels of that preference), and ultimately the hope is to make it so that understanding those preferences makes it easier to "pacify" a character in combat, including things like, say, for example, a character who has poisonous sperm enjoying blowjobs, but also having a preference for dirty talk, and being able to get them off the easy and dangerous way, or the clever way. The Fire Elemental is a good example of a character where that kind of dynamic could come into play.

Right now the sex combat is a fun sandbox to play around in. We want to get more nuanced things in there like character mood, tying in attraction, having characters with preferences *want* to, for instance, dominate Hiro, but Hiro being able to, using his statistics and abilities and player knowledge, "tame" them, so to speak, and that's what the various endings system with its submission and dominance outcomes is in place for. But while that stuff is cool, it's just not as high priority right now. We can spend a ton of time making Hiro's interactions with goblins deep and intricate, and we will, but there's just a lot of other stuff to be done first.
I can barely wait for the combat updates tbh. The art/scenes are always top quality even if im not into some of them, but i feel like a combat expansion would give the game way more replay value. As it stands the non-sexual combat is way too easy, which could be a funny tie-in to the fact that fights in this world (at least the ones Hiro faces) come to an end when the enemy realises they aren't getting an easy nut, not when they actually get too hurt to keep going. The harpy divebomb is one of the better ways of transitioning between normal combat and sexual combat, but for the other characters it seems kinda generic with the full nelson stance. Regarding full nelson, a counter move could be added, like a 1 turn low tackle that misses unless the enemy is using exactly that move, in which case the PC goes prone or, using it successfully, initiates a ground grapple.
Regarding sexual combat itself, you did mention that any changes would have to be treated with care, but im proposing something way different from the system in place: instead of making it so you have to get the enemy off to get either a submissive or dominant ending, make it so there's something like a "will" stat that, much like health, gets drained by specific actions. Things like seducing could chip it a little bit and sexual combat would lower it significantly. When the "will" bar goes to 0, the character becomes submissive, either acting like a defeat for you or allowing you to initiate either a powerbottom or dominant scene on the enemy(could either let the player choose or make it based on the stances used).
There are other ways i could see sexual combat going, but the way it is now the in-stance actions are extemely bare-bones and the stances themselves are really easy to get to with some experience. I'd also like to ask why we don't have the ability to top the 69 stance. From what i've seen it seems like the enemy goes in the same stance as us so it's not separated between top and bottom.
I wish I had the money to spare for a patreon cuz i dont know how much of this you already considered or looked at and discarded for a better system, but i feel the content distribution right now is way too focused on scenes and art when the combat could easily become the best part of the game.

KnowledgeAlfa

Apr 5, 2018
I can barely wait for the combat updates tbh. The art/scenes are always top quality even if im not into some of them, but i feel like a combat expansion would give the game way more replay value. As it stands the non-sexual combat is way too easy, which could be a funny tie-in to the fact that fights in this world (at least the ones Hiro faces) come to an end when the enemy realises they aren't getting an easy nut, not when they actually get too hurt to keep going. The harpy divebomb is one of the better ways of transitioning between normal combat and sexual combat, but for the other characters it seems kinda generic with the full nelson stance. Regarding full nelson, a counter move could be added, like a 1 turn low tackle that misses unless the enemy is using exactly that move, in which case the PC goes prone or, using it successfully, initiates a ground grapple.
Regarding sexual combat itself, you did mention that any changes would have to be treated with care, but im proposing something way different from the system in place: instead of making it so you have to get the enemy off to get either a submissive or dominant ending, make it so there's something like a "will" stat that, much like health, gets drained by specific actions. Things like seducing could chip it a little bit and sexual combat would lower it significantly. When the "will" bar goes to 0, the character becomes submissive, either acting like a defeat for you or allowing you to initiate either a powerbottom or dominant scene on the enemy(could either let the player choose or make it based on the stances used).
There are other ways i could see sexual combat going, but the way it is now the in-stance actions are extemely bare-bones and the stances themselves are really easy to get to with some experience. I'd also like to ask why we don't have the ability to top the 69 stance. From what i've seen it seems like the enemy goes in the same stance as us so it's not separated between top and bottom.
I wish I had the money to spare for a patreon cuz i dont know how much of this you already considered or looked at and discarded for a better system, but i feel the content distribution right now is way too focused on scenes and art when the combat could easily become the best part of the game.
Apparently, there are a large number of people that think combat is too hard/complicated right now...I'm with you, in that I think it's a little too easy/shallow. However, there appears to be a plan to greatly develop this later.

Regarding your proposal: There already is a willpower system. Although, interesting idea you have with loss of will in combat resulting in willing sex, rather than an unwilling fucking if you lose with willpower intact. Perhaps could be tied to dignity rather than willpower? That's already in game.

But proposing a re-write of the entire system is just wishful thinking. However, it seems that concerns with development are moot as they have already said that that is the plan...just later down the road.

EDIT: Sorry to anyone receiving a new post notification hoping it was a weekly update.

• Haha
Reactions: grasshopper
Aug 27, 2018
Apparently, there are a large number of people that think combat is too hard/complicated right now...I'm with you, in that I think it's a little too easy/shallow. However, there appears to be a plan to greatly develop this later.

Regarding your proposal: There already is a willpower system. Although, interesting idea you have with loss of will in combat resulting in willing sex, rather than an unwilling fucking if you lose with willpower intact. Perhaps could be tied to dignity rather than willpower? That's already in game.

But proposing a re-write of the entire system is just wishful thinking. However, it seems that concerns with development are moot as they have already said that that is the plan...just later down the road.

EDIT: Sorry to anyone receiving a new post notification hoping it was a weekly update.
Dignity would be a better name for it, at least the part that relates to the player, the enemy could have something like "submission" to indicate how much they have until becoming submissive. The dignity system already in game could dictate the max/starting amount of it u have when initiating combat.
The willpower system we do have is pretty much unused as of now though, with very few ways to use/gain it and most of them changing almost nothing.
There are some scenes that have minor parts changed based on your dignity already (i can only think of the brigand defeat atm but i know there are a few others).
What i tried, and probably failed to get across in the first post was that, while the scenes/art and the general idea of the game is frankly top notch as far as these sort of games go, the fact that combat is still so unsatisfying is a shame, since it could be the best part. The changes i proposed were pretty much shots in the dark since i dont know where the development of the game is going and, at least to me, the mechanics that make this game a "game" still feel extremely unpolished. I mean it's obvious they'd feel that way since they're nowhere near done, but the lack of focus on them seems like a wasted opportunity.
The mixed feelings on difficulty being too high/low could be solved with difficulty settings or offering a premade build for classes at the beginning so inexperienced players could get a good start.

Raff

Feb 6, 2018
can we get the changelog?
I'll do you one better
Version: 0.2.18.4 - 4th November Weekly

New features:
  • Added Makeout stance
New content:
  • Added Kylira x Hiro art
  • Added new Alleyway Blowjob scenes (this is dummied out right now, we'll be adding it back later today)
  • Added new dialogue for Makeout stance
Tweaks and bug fixes:
  • Urka Merchant encounter now properly keeps Hiro's customization options
  • Doppelganger art in Pervert screen now uses the default class outfit
  • Fixed typos

Sorry for the late uploads everyone. I've recently started an overnight shift at work that's been having me work when I'd normally be asleep for 8-10 hours at a time. I'm also awake at completely different hours of the day.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Where do I find the 'makeout stance'? I don't see it in the skills tab, and I don't seem to be able to find it in the combat menus, either. Am I just not using the right option to get there?
The only new skill I noticed when cycling through was 'pound flat'.

Edit: Figured it out. Its part of the 'full nelson'. You have to keep 'gripping' them until the 'kiss' option appears.
While figuring this out, I was wondering. When you seduce, they can literally ask you to pound them. But why can't you?

Last edited:

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
You can brute force your way through fights with either Assault or fire spells. Just max out one of them and the appropriate stat.
eh figures.
Enchanter is still my fave I guess.
But,not fucking my way to victory kinda feels like a waste in this game lols

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Added new download links to the OP
Java (Win): - - - - -
Android: - - - - -