4.40 star(s) 33 Votes

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
I really like this game, the character designs are nice and they're really likable.
I hope this game gets more attention.

Though I do wish it was more sandbox like, similar to champion of realms, like being able to explore and such.
Also, choice based games make me nervous as to not miss things...x.x

Reactions: Anonimed

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I really like this game, the character designs are nice and they're really likable.
I hope this game gets more attention.

Though I do wish it was more sandbox like, similar to champion of realms, like being able to explore and such.
Also, choice based games make me nervous as to not miss things...x.x
Hey, Really glad that you enjoyed your time with the game !

Well, if I knew how to code a proper sandbox game I would've made ToU into one, but well I have no knowledge in codin'

As for choices don't worry, I'm starting to REALLY reduce the amount of restrictions.

rn I'm pm wondering if I shouldn't just drop the system of pts and open every possibilities instantly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: GraveXMachina
D

Deleted member 59977

Well, if I knew how to code a proper sandbox game I would've made ToU into one, but well I have no knowledge in codin'

As for choices don't worry, I'm starting to REALLY reduce the amount of restrictions.

rn I'm pm wondering if I shouldn't just drop the system of pts and open every possibilities instantly.
Different people have different tastes. If it were a sandbox I personally wouldnt have touched this game as I find that a sandbox almost never adds value to a visual novel.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Different people have different tastes. If it were a sandbox I personally wouldnt have touched this game as I find that a sandbox almost never adds value to a visual novel.
They do add somethings, like having a map that you can explore and characters being at different places add some immersion to the game and gives you a sense of scale to the world.

And can also make adding more content to each girl separately more easier.

Reactions: Anonimed
D

Deleted member 59977

They do add somethings, like having a map that you can explore and characters being at different places add some immersion to the game and gives you a sense of scale to the world.

And can also make adding more content to each girl separately more easier.
I disagree - it feels like a pointless game of hide n seek to me and really does nothing to add to the immersion for me personally. Maybe its different for you.

The only adult game with a sandbox that I felt added value to the world is the game in my signature. And the reason for this is because after every single event you do in the game, the developer goes back and updates the dialogue of hundreds of different npcs (including those in areas you are not likely to visit) reacting to the events that transpired. It is not reasonable to expect adult games given the resources adult game devs operate on so I vastly prefer the VN format.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I disagree - it feels like a pointless game of hide n seek to me and really does nothing to add to the immersion for me personally. Maybe its different for you.

The only adult game with a sandbox that I felt added value to the world is the game in my signature. And the reason for this is because after every single event you do in the game, the developer goes back and updates the dialogue of hundreds of different npcs (including those in areas you are not likely to visit) reacting to the events that transpired. It is not reasonable to expect adult games given the resources adult game devs operate on so I vastly prefer the VN format.
You are, of course, free to like what you like, and your dislike of sandbox in general is super valid. I thought, though, some insight on why some people prefer it might be welcome. It gives a sense of greater control over the story (it may be an illusion, but sometimes that's all people need). If I want to focus on girl x, I can focus on girl x. If I really think my character needs to be physically strong, I can do the thing that makes them physically strong until I'm satisfied. If I don't feel like my character is prepared for the next step in the story, I can put it off doing other things. Etc. Things can sometimes even change based on the order you do them in - getting so far with girl x might make it easier to do things with girl y, or it might upset them, etc. Though, of course, that's different from game to game, but it makes it feel like your choices matter.

I've seen implementations of sandbox that have gone terribly wrong, and I've seen implementations I've enjoyed. What you said about dialogue updating after events is phenomenal, but like you said, not really something most Devs have the time to do. Anyway, I hope the insight on why some people might prefer this to be a sandbox game is helpful to you.

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018

Oh gosh, no.
RenPy+Sandbox is a HORRIBLE combination 99% of the time. VNs with multiple paths are good. VNs with point system and event/choice flags for different content/scenes/dialogue/endings which makes the world feel alive are best.
Sandbox games just make the player spam click through doors and empty rooms in search of content and end up being more linear than most VNs anyway :confused:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I like how TOU is now it's a damn entrancing story that I can't wait to find out more of the story. It progresses well like a damn good story.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Stronkboi

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
i thought the update was supsoed to be out to the public yesterday
Major IRL Issues and a flow of Idea to smooth things out popped up, the update will be out the 29th & tomorrow for Patrons

I apologize again for the inconveniance, I'd rather delay a stated date, than release an unfinished update !

Keep in mind that the update will be released on Patreon a bit before F95 as I need to work on a new banner

Tank Man

May 3, 2018
So, I just got to the Interlude and I have to say, from Idiot to Idiot, most things I understood. Anyway, love the game so far, I also like the fact that this is a very Relaxed game, it's nice to sometimes just play a game that makes you feel warm and welcome.

• Red Heart

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
So, I just got to the Interlude and I have to say, from Idiot to Idiot, most things I understood. Anyway, love the game so far, I also like the fact that this is a very Relaxed game, it's nice to sometimes just play a game that makes you feel warm and welcome.
It's important for me to take care of the overall feel of the game, with 0.9 I took some freedom to challenge a bit the universe I created, ToU has a lot of things I want to tell and write to the player, and I think I handled it nicely !
Glad that you enjoy the game and I hope you'll keep enjoyin' it !

Reactions: Back and molitar

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018

I managed to patch the MAJOR holes within a few days !
But I was able to get the pre release out !
This pre release contains the transition from chapter 2 to 3
It contains 2 MAJOR story event.
Before you play this update I want to take a moment ot put a note about them, ToU has always been light hearted of course the story was still slightly dark, but with chapter 3 I decided to basically destroy all the barriers I had to be fully free to write what I wanted.
I'm not too used to writing dark scenes, but I do enjoy it, it's in complex situations that characters gain the most growth !
And I feel like those event I did, while they happen pretty close to each other (Of course everything is fast) are handled nicely !
Starting 0.10 I'll take my time for story revelations, allowing more H scenes and more slice of lifeish moment !
KEEP IN MIND this is a pre release, the full release will contain some fixes, and a small teaser event alongside THE UPDATED TITLE SCREEN

Patch note:
Over 210 new renders
Added 1 new soundtrack
Added 1 new H scene with Leonie (More are coming for 0.10)
Closed chapter 2 and began chapter 3
Fixed a bug in the gallery which prevented players to access it (The gallery has yet to be filled I take upon myself to fill it for 0.9.1)
Fixed a few typos, the majority will be fixed for 0.9's full release & 0.9.1.
DOWNLOAD LINKS :

I need feedback for the last scene as it's a really important scene so don't hesitate to DM me on discord ur opinion or even here on Patreon !
Thanks again for your support I wouldn't be here without your help and your support, thanks to you I can afford the basic costs of life and I truly never thought this could ever happened.
The last year I messed up my update schedule and I intend to fix it.
I want to go back to 2 month at most between updates ! My main goal is to release 0.10 in early July / Late June !
So look forward to it !

Reactions: Back

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I know that this is a pirate's website.

But this is a pre release my pre release are scuffed.

I'd appreciate if y'all could not leak it as they're pm broken ass versions that needs a lot of glue.

I deleted the Link, I'll make new ones tomorrow, sorr yfor the inconveniance, please refrain from leaking Betas / Pre release, otherwise I might have to up the tiers up to access those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Feletriu and Bogman

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Seems that was hard to wait 2 days for the public :KEK:

*elise can wait other 2 days* :giggle:
Yeah I mean it's not as if I locked releases behind 2 weeks or more, smh

I just hope it won't happen too often I really don't want to lock it between a higher tier or post it later just to make sure the build is safe monkaW

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
I'd appreciate if y'all could not leak it as they're pm broken ass versions that needs a lot of glue.
Just put that "THIS ALPHA UPDATE MAY PERMANENTLY BREAK YOUR SAVES; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED" and suddenly less people want to download it if they're only waiting a few days.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Wha? This reminds me of HHG's RIP save update.
Oh well, at least we get to murder again~~~

4.40 star(s) 33 Votes