4.40 star(s) 33 Votes

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Yeah it's a side effect of the genre. You have to have the buildup be written almost to perfection or else everyone will complain about it just dragging out

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Honestly there aren't a lot of adult games where the buildup to love is realistic. You'd either have to montage long periods of time, or make the game super long. A lot of players aren't willing to deal with that.
Thats why most adult games are a dime a dozen. Just look a games like Where the Heart Is, Being a Dik and A.O.A. Academy, they do it right. As for a lot of players not being into it, there are likely thousands of games on this site that cater to that but few who do there own thing.

People will play what they want to play, I was just hoping for another gem.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Thats why most adult games are a dime a dozen. Just look a games like Where the Heart Is, Being a Dik and A.O.A. Academy, they do it right. As for a lot of players not being into it, there are likely thousands of games on this site that cater to that but few who do there own thing.

I've played both Being a Dik and A.O.A Academy. Being a Dik definitely has a little bit of a slower burn, but not by that much if you ask me. A.O.A. has several girls that are pretty much in love with you within the span of a couple conversations. I get that not every game is for everyone, and that's fine - preferring those games to this one isn't a terrible crime or anything. I think it might be more stylistic, as those games *play* very different from this one. As much as them having very different stories.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I've played both Being a Dik and A.O.A Academy. Being a Dik definitely has a little bit of a slower burn, but not by that much if you ask me. A.O.A. has several girls that are pretty much in love with you within the span of a couple conversations. I get that not every game is for everyone, and that's fine - preferring those games to this one isn't a terrible crime or anything. I think it might be more stylistic, as those games *play* very different from this one. As much as them having very different stories.
I couldn't disagree more. But like you say not every game is for everyone, and I don't see anything particularly different about this that I haven't seen somewhere else. It's no big deal, I'll just move on.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The story is not about the secrets of the war but how the children will handle there past as they find out and how will they fight the ones behind the lie. So as they learn about the past I am really enjoying the story as it's how they will deal with it and fight back even as they lose loved ones.

He has gave no spoilers to the story and it's unfolding into a great story.

Reactions: Shade1

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017

So, here is the main issue with those exemple.

All of these game bring more than 2K at the very least and are managed by a team of people.

I work alone, I do my renders alone, I write my script alone, I do everything related to the game alone, aside from correcting typos and translations.

In an adult game if you want to attract people, you have to play the sex card, while it makes little sense human wise, it's needed to attract people, I'm not even hiding it the main reason people are already head to heels for the MC is purely for attraction reasons.

If I could release a game and be sure that people would follow it instantly, I'd take my time, but the plot needs to go somewhere, and it needs to move fast enough for it to feel entertaining.

Being a Dik, is literally the biggest possible game in the industry Right now, it's followed by a ton of people makes a ton of money and is even on Steam.

Dr.PinkCake is also a group of people, it's not just someone that makes render in his room one at a time, it's like a small company and you know stuff works well for them I love BaD too, I always keep an eye out for it.

But you can't expect from a guy in his 20's still living at his mother's with a decent PC for rendering at best to bring stuff that good on a regular basis.

That's the reason ToU isn't my last project, and that's the reason I have yet to go full time.
I have to build a community then I can move forward knowing that I have people having my back morally, financially helps too of course, but I still work out of my heart.

This is the reason you don't see a lot of gems, because gems are expensive to produce and need a lot of people to follow it.
When a 0.1 comes out and it's slooooow people won't be around for 0.2 as the game will have a sloooow reputation.

Don't get me wrong I'm not here like "whoooo gimme money so I can work my ass off proprely" If I wanted money I'd force myself to post regular updates lul.

I'm just saying that you can't compare LOTR, to Captain Alex.
There is a world between these two, and I'd say that I already do my own thing, there are well until someone comes with a proof, no games regarding my an elven conspiracy on any website !

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Stronkboi Hey !
It has been a while since we had news on your game. How's the development going ? Can we have some news ?
I'm really looking forward to play the next update.
Good luck!

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
This is the reason you don't see a lot of gems, because gems are expensive to produce and need a lot of people to follow it.
When a 0.1 comes out and it's slooooow people won't be around for 0.2 as the game will have a sloooow reputation.
I would say that this game does count as a gem for me. The plot is significantly different from that of the other games around, and the characters are wonderful. Not everyone agrees on what makes for a "gem" of course, but I eagerly await each release of this game.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Stronkboi Hey !
It has been a while since we had news on your game. How's the development going ? Can we have some news ?
I'm really looking forward to play the next update.
Good luck!
Hey !
The last few month have been a bit weird for me, as I finally got a bank account after 2 years without one, alongside that I faced personnal problems.

I also had to scrap like HALF of what I did for 0.9 as I felt like it was not good enough, nor what I wanted for ToU, so I'm back on schedule, Beta 1 should hit really soon, as I almost wrote the entire script for 0.9's 1st beta.

And I do aim on getting the update out Soon enough as even I feel like it's starting to take too much time !

I would say that this game does count as a gem for me. The plot is significantly different from that of the other games around, and the characters are wonderful. Not everyone agrees on what makes for a "gem" of course, but I eagerly await each release of this game.
Honored that you think so I do take a lot of time to get an original story out, of course at the end of the day it depends on what a player expects and wants out of a game !

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So, here is the main issue with those exemple.

All of these game bring more than 2K at the very least and are managed by a team of people.

I work alone, I do my renders alone, I write my script alone, I do everything related to the game alone, aside from correcting typos and translations.

In an adult game if you want to attract people, you have to play the sex card, while it makes little sense human wise, it's needed to attract people, I'm not even hiding it the main reason people are already head to heels for the MC is purely for attraction reasons.

If I could release a game and be sure that people would follow it instantly, I'd take my time, but the plot needs to go somewhere, and it needs to move fast enough for it to feel entertaining.

Being a Dik, is literally the biggest possible game in the industry Right now, it's followed by a ton of people makes a ton of money and is even on Steam.

Dr.PinkCake is also a group of people, it's not just someone that makes render in his room one at a time, it's like a small company and you know stuff works well for them I love BaD too, I always keep an eye out for it.

But you can't expect from a guy in his 20's still living at his mother's with a decent PC for rendering at best to bring stuff that good on a regular basis.

That's the reason ToU isn't my last project, and that's the reason I have yet to go full time.
I have to build a community then I can move forward knowing that I have people having my back morally, financially helps too of course, but I still work out of my heart.

Don't get me wrong I'm not here like "whoooo gimme money so I can work my ass off proprely" If I wanted money I'd force myself to post regular updates lul.

I'm just saying that you can't compare LOTR, to Captain Alex.
There is a world between these two, and I'd say that I already do my own thing, there are well until someone comes with a proof, no games regarding my an elven conspiracy on any website !
That post speaks volumes. It shows your not in for the love of the game, it's all about attracting as many people as possible for the money. You say "Don't get me wrong I'm not here like "whoooo gimme money so I can work my ass off properly" but that's what most of the post was about.

Daz renders and animations are slow and add greatly to the development times, Koikatu is much, much faster. The plot of an elven conspiracy may not be in a game here, (there are too many to look through) but the premise isn't original in the fantasy genre is what I meant. Like I said I didn't post here to insult you, but I felt the need to respond to this. At the end of the day this isn't for me.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
That post speaks volumes. It shows your not in for the love of the game, it's all about attracting as many people as possible for the money. You say "Don't get me wrong I'm not here like "whoooo gimme money so I can work my ass off properly" but that's what most of the post was about.
Haven't read beyond that.

You're putting words in my mouth If I was in for the money I'd make a game that would work financially.

Huge games need money.
Money allows me to develop ToU, it allows me to work and live from it because it's what I enjoy, you can't expect devs to work without income not because they don't enjoy their work but because they starve without that money.

I get 400$ from Patreon and sometimes I get less or more depending on how people donate.
I never complain if I wanted more I'd work more of course, but I have to focus on getting enough money to live decently with or without ToU.

I'm in Europe price of life here isn't cheap, with 400$ a month I can afford food for myself for around a month and I never complain about it, of course I wish I could go full time but I need to pay the bills.

You didn't found a gem in the game no problem it's purely personnal, but you cannot say "You're not in for the love of the game" You don't know that, you sound rude af, and you show that you have no knowledge of what's going on behind the scene for most devs.

As for Koi, I took koi because it's fast and easy to use, and also because I don't want to take 2 hours for a noisy render.
Guess what to make good looking renders in Daz you need a good PC ! And Well *Money*.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Haven't read beyond that.

You're putting words in my mouth If I was in for the money I'd make a game that would work financially.

Huge games need money.
Money allows me to develop ToU, it allows me to work and live from it because it's what I enjoy, you can't expect devs to work without income not because they don't enjoy their work but because they starve without that money.

I get 400$ from Patreon and sometimes I get less or more depending on how people donate.
I never complain if I wanted more I'd work more of course, but I have to focus on getting enough money to live decently with or without ToU.

I'm in Europe price of life here isn't cheap, with 400$ a month I can afford food for myself for around a month and I never complain about it, of course I wish I could go full time but I need to pay the bills.

You didn't found a gem in the game no problem it's purely personnal, but you cannot say "You're not in for the love of the game" You don't know that, you sound rude af, and you show that you have no knowledge of what's going on behind the scene for most devs.

As for Koi, I took koi because it's fast and easy to use, and also because I don't want to take 2 hours for a noisy render.
Guess what to make good looking renders in Daz you need a good PC ! And Well *Money*.
I'm not here to debate with you. I said my opinion on the matter and I'm not spending anymore time on it.

• Angry
Reactions: Feletriu

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I'm not here to debate with you. I said my opinion on the matter and I'm not spending anymore time on it.
What you stated is stating your being an ass for no reason at all. The game is free and nobody can work on a game for free and have time to work on it full time as they have bills to pay and need to work. There is nothing that states the Stronboki does not care about his game.. if he did not the story would not be well done.. the humor would not be in it. He would have a damn Patreon pay wall for scenes like other bad developers do. For him to work on the game and replace his work he would have to make nearly as much as he makes now a month and he stated that in a very factual way with no resentment but what you stated is total resentment.

So yes I agree with Karnewarrior if you want to have that attitude than just leave this thread because Stronboki and the rest of us don't need to see this type of resentful post for his hard work.

Stronboki, we appreciate you sharing your game with all of us.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Of course we do. Stronk works with little pay a lot harder than it seems to provide this stuff to us. Sure it's not AAA quality but the love is there. Also, we don't live in Luxury Gay Space Communism so we can't exactly just expect Stronk to sit around and hand us this shit for free. Patreon is already just a donation service, ToU is available to anyone who wants it at no charge.

I can't fathom how disconnected from society you'd have to be to expect someone to produce something from nothing, hand it out for nothing, and then get upset when they ask you to maybe donate some spare change to let them keep doing that thing.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I tried to go to the gallery and ren'py said 'lock.png' could not be found, how do I fix it
Don't worry this bug is fixed in the coming update
It's mostly my bad as the lock image is not a png but a jpeg I think or a jpg I don't remember.
Either way there is no scene at the 2nd page of Chumee's gallery as I have yet to add the new ones !

Reactions: Nitocris77

Nitocris77

Nov 13, 2020
Don't worry this bug is fixed in the coming update
It's mostly my bad as the lock image is not a png but a jpeg I think or a jpg I don't remember.
Either way there is no scene at the 2nd page of Chumee's gallery as I have yet to add the new ones !
Got it, Godspeed friend.

Reactions: Stronkboi

Brønks

Jan 17, 2021
This really is a 10/10 game, much love to Stronk for the amazing game. If you are looking for a great game with a good storie, with its fair share of drama and funny scenes, look no farther, this is it.

4.40 star(s) 33 Votes