• sister.

Votes: 4,954 29.5%
  • sibling, don't care about its gender.

Votes: 2,242 13.3%
  • grandson.

Votes: 2,013 12.0%
  • granddaughter.

Votes: 2,498 14.9%
  • grandchild, don't care about its gender.

Votes: 1,565 9.3%

• Total voters

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of Tara's Liberation or Alexia's Return to v0.13.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
RandyTyr Hey!

There are two key issues with how your game is currently "padding out" the enormous 10 GB archive size:
- all your images are in .webp, which is good, but they all somehow both lossless and 720p, while being ~ 1 MB each (that is far, far too much for a 720p image, the properly compressed 720p image would be between 100-200 KBs); use the 95% quality compression on either .jpg or .webp and fix this
- all your videos are a blurry and messy 720p, yet somehow most 10-15 second shots take 20-30 MBs each... 720p 30 FPS videos

Fix those issues as soon as you can - all of your assets are in 720p, yet the game is somehow 10 GB large. Atrocious.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
RandyTyr Hey!
- all your videos are a blurry and messy 720p, yet somehow most 10-15 second shots take 20-30 MBs each... 720p 30 FPS videos
As you can probably tell, I know very little about the image/video format side of things. Do you have any concrete recommendations for the video settings? I'm using ScreenRec to record, MiniTool MovieMaker to cut, and MiniTool Converter to convert from mp4 to webm.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
As you can probably tell, I know very little about the image/video format side of things. Do you have any concrete recommendations for the video settings? I'm using ScreenRec to record, MiniTool MovieMaker to cut, and MiniTool Converter to convert from mp4 to webm.
For screen recording I would suggest whatever is bundled with your graphics drivers (unless you're using Intel Arc, on this end I have not much information), since both Nvidia (with their superb NVENC) and AMD offer a high-quality screen HEVC screen recording from their driver suite. It's free and guaranteed to work on whatever you're displaying.

For screenshots the same driver suite can be used, but ShareX ( ) is quite popular and open-source if you also want a bit more customization. For converting images to modern formats I've used XnConvert ( ) - it's fast and robust and the same time. Just remember to use ~ 95% quality for either .jpg or .webm to get the best results.

As for video conversion to .webm, you can use the trustworthy Handbrake ( ) or something like Any Video Converted 7 Free ( ) for its more user-friendly GUI.

Play around with those and see the result - I'm sure you can lower the game size significant with some effort :)

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Man the grinding is unbearable pretty much made the whole game unplayable
What/where are you grinding? It's not supposed to be very grindy. You may have reached the point to wait for more content, or you may be doing it wrong (I'll admit that IG explanations could be better). Or something isn't working the way I expected it to. Or you may just have very different criteria for "unbearable grinding" than I do.

Reactions: restlez

feppiejay

Jul 6, 2022
So can Tara have puppies yet? I get a scene with the dog when I'm cooking while pregnant, but no longer now that I'm not pregnant...

rusemasque

Aug 7, 2017
How can we avoid having to get reputation through the Go game? Anyway to cheat this? Grinding 100 points for the Baron is ridiculous. No way will I grind 100 identical sex scenes if one wants ot avoid playing Go (because no one really cares playing go in a fapping game...)

On one side you have basic math challenges to get wealth (sure, ok), on the other you have to master a really hard game and win 10 games (or 5 if grinding 20 identical sex scenes)

Honestly, just remove it, or please provide a cheat.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
So can Tara have puppies yet? I get a scene with the dog when I'm cooking while pregnant, but no longer now that I'm not pregnant...
She can. (Or, to be precise, she can have one puppy for now.) Talk with Miri and agree to have puppies together. Bless Miri's womb, and then Rex will knock up both Miri and Tara. All steps are happening on family days. I think the first one can have Tara either visibly pregnant or not. The last one obviously needs her non-pregnant. Not quite sure about the second one.

How can we avoid having to get reputation through the Go game? Anyway to cheat this? Grinding 100 points for the Baron is ridiculous. No way will I grind 100 identical sex scenes if one wants ot avoid playing Go (because no one really cares playing go in a fapping game...)
There actually are 4 different sex scenes with the Baron (two while visibly pregnant, two while not). To me, the Go-minigame actually is quite important for the overall theme - Tara is intelligent, and is using both her intelligence and her sex appeal to further her goals (which include sex, but aren't limited to it). Getting reputation with the Baron leads to gaining control of his Barony, and there will eventually be an alternative way to do that. Gain enough of the other baronies, and he'll offer to sell it to you.

When it comes to cheats, you can use unren to enable the console and then change variables through there. There are also online renpy save game editors.

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
we could try to modify some details , something from all repeated scenes sequences so it gets new view each time it keeps going

rusemasque

Aug 7, 2017
She can. (Or, to be precise, she can have one puppy for now.) Talk with Miri and agree to have puppies together. Bless Miri's womb, and then Rex will knock up both Miri and Tara. All steps are happening on family days. I think the first one can have Tara either visibly pregnant or not. The last one obviously needs her non-pregnant. Not quite sure about the second one.

There actually are 4 different sex scenes with the Baron (two while visibly pregnant, two while not). To me, the Go-minigame actually is quite important for the overall theme - Tara is intelligent, and is using both her intelligence and her sex appeal to further her goals (which include sex, but aren't limited to it). Getting reputation with the Baron leads to gaining control of his Barony, and there will eventually be an alternative way to do that. Gain enough of the other baronies, and he'll offer to sell it to you.

When it comes to cheats, you can use unren to enable the console and then change variables through there. There are also online renpy save game editors.
I understand it's in theme.

But right now, for feeble minds like myself, it's an absolute blocker. I'm stuck grinding 100 iterations, and there is no workaround that I know of. I even tried to find an online go learning platform so that it oculd provide me with an answer to the AI's moves, but no avail.

Please find a different mechanic, because it really is a turn-off for what is otherwise a really good game so far (I absolutely enjoy the ramp up that happened in chapter 4)

Reactions: bdave600

feppiejay

Jul 6, 2022

I made a wrong choice then... Is there a way to alter this in the savegame, perhaps? Change a 0 into a 1? I forgot to keep a save just after the temple... :/

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
After the fight with the Baron and the scene with Angelique in the baths, the chapter ends ? Because I've got nothing left to do, although I haven't seen Miri's scene with the baron or with the puppy.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I made a wrong choice then... Is there a way to alter this in the savegame, perhaps? Change a 0 into a 1? I forgot to keep a save just after the temple... :/
The conversation with Miri about puppies sets one of three flags to True:
c4nopuppies
c4bothfirstpuppy
c4mirifirstpuppy

The first disables puppies altogether, the second is the one you want, and the third means that Tara can't have a puppy yet, but suitable scenes will come. Changing which flag is set to True via console or a save game editor should be unproblematic. But don't have two or more of them be True at once, that might lead to weird behaviour.

After the fight with the Baron and the scene with Angelique in the baths, the chapter ends ? Because I've got nothing left to do, although I haven't seen Miri's scene with the baron or with the puppy.
There isn't really an "end" per se. You can just keep playing until you get those scenes (which requires their preconditions to be met, and the events to actually be drawn for the daily selection). Or (and that's what I'd probably recommend), you can wait until v.14, which adds more scenes, so you'll have a better ratio of new scenes vs previously encountered ones.

Last edited:

Thelonely6

Oct 22, 2018
Updated my compressed Android port of Tara's Liberation or Alexia's Return to v0.13.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: Pixeldrain
Thanks for the port but how can I pass the endurance minigame?

Netjiespinner

Dec 16, 2019
I am really upset that she has to marry her father, do not think it was necessary would have been alot better to marry the son, and the father giving her the power to manage. Otherwise a good game overall. Common dev get rid of the marry dad nonsense to progress the story.

Reactions: water_rockz_sockz

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Go minigame broke the ability to save for me. Not sure if it's because of me playing the compressed version or what, but yeah, kinda a big deal. That aside, a Ren'py game being 10+ gigabytes is insane. That's a helluva lot for any h-game. You basically have to use the compressed version to save on disk space.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 35 Votes