Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

As you all may know, by the end of Chapter 1, our MC will be travelling to another country, and for that I was thinking of doing some tweaks to his appearance. On the link above, I put 7 different versions of our MC, and I will be justifying them in the story as the MC wearing contact lenses and/or dyeing his hair to bring a little less attention to him because of his unique appearance. Of course his original appearance will return whenever the story will require it. If the first option is the most voted then there will be no change at all to his hair and eye colour.
When this poll will be over, I will do another Patron-only poll with the top 2 or 3 most voted options to make a final decision. After this is decided, Part 2 will be a poll about different refinements I want to try doing to the MC's face overall.

Last edited:

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

It's Mother's Day, at least in my country, so here's the reveal for Lily's mother, Jeanne! She'll finally make her appearance in v1.0, and speaking of v1.0, I want to share some updates with you.

First of all, the majority of the renders and animations are done, but as I was replaying through the whole game, I felt really dissatisfied by the quality of the renders of the first half of the game. I've also had a good amount of feedback talking about how overexposed the renders looked, so I consulted my Patrons and decided to overhaul the older renders, and also touch up the more recent ones. Which means that every single render and animation up to v0.7 will be re-edited and/or re-rendered. I've shown my Patrons a couple of test before/afters and they're all in agreement that the difference is quite substantial. This overhaul means that the release of v1.0 will be pushed back by quite a bit, but I guarantee that the result will be worth the wait. I'll be posting some public SFW and Patron-only NSFW before/afters during the coming weeks, so look forward to that c:

Next, I'll be implementing a couple of features:

- A gallery replay (groundbreaking, I know).

- A system where you can choose what Lily and Jeanne call you, and what you call them. I wanted to put this in for those of you with more fringe fetishes, and with that feature I will have to tweak some dialogue to reflect the "nicknames" you've picked.

And finally, I've been thinking about creating a Patron Discord server after finishing Chapter 1 and starting the work on Chapter 2 onwards, where it's gonna be easier for me to share quick updates on the game with you, and communicate with all of you in general, growing a community.

If you've played my game and have found some enjoyment in it, thank you for being part of the journey, there is SO MUCH MORE to come. Please do consider supporting me if you're able to, I'm looking forward to sharing so much more with you c:

Last edited:

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
well thy make a new Update this year ?
Yes my good sir, in conjunction with the v1.0 content I'm also re-rendering a lot of the older images and animation to bring the game at a more consistent visual quality which is why it's taking a while, and I do apologize for that.

Reactions: doujin1

MAXLEE7923

Apr 29, 2022
Hello everyone! Taste Of Life is a very good game and there are many Chinese friends want the Chinese version.According to the plan, I will make Two Versions. One of them is AI translation version and the other is Human translation version. And today I bring the AI translation version.
TASTE OF LIFE V0.7 (Chinese simplified. )(AI translation)
LINK: (MEGA)

I must repeat again, this is a very good game. And that's the reason why I Would like to spending my free time to translate it.
I don't have the game text, so the human Translation would be a very slow process.
ALL DONE.HAVE FUN!

Reactions: @Adore

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

Hey guys, it's been a few weeks. I'd first of all like to apologize to all of you for being so late not only with Chapter 1's release, but also to give you an update. Some things went right, some didn't (especially on the technical side) and gave me a burnout. After weeks of trial and error I was able to figure out how to go forward, and I'd like to share this small journey with you.

SUCCESSES

It all started several weeks ago when I discovered a software called Luminar Ai, and its new version, Luminar Neo. These are image editing tools that really simplify the editing process, requiring only 5 minutes to get some pretty great results. Discovering this software gave me the idea of remastering older renders to bring their quality up to a better standard, and polish my newer renders. Here's a couple of before/afters of old renders:

Before

After

Before

After

That's a pretty nice bump in quality I would say, especially being able to use Luminar to create a pretty nice depth of field effect, although maybe a bit too exaggerated in the first example. Finding this software felt like an amazing way for me to update older content without having to go back and re-render everything, but it wasn't without its quirks and issues. I'd also like your feedback on the afters; do you like the edits? Do you think the colours are too saturated? Do let me know!

FAILURES

The main issues I've been having are related to the depth of field effect. First of all, the AI detection in Luminar is not perfect. After applying the DoF effect, I have to go in and tweak it, else I get results like this:

The red area is the AI detecting the subject to keep in focus, and as you can see it doesn't completely select Lily, especially her hair giving it a smudged look, and it also selects some areas that are not the subject, like some places inside the house. so I have to go in and manually focus/defocus things.

The other issue is that even with the subject being properly selected, the DoF effect would still create some artifacts like in the picture below around Grace's fingers, and my only way to fix it would be through Photoshop.

But all in all, these were issues I didn't really mind dealing with. Sure it would take a lot of time to go in and correct these issues, but I didn't mind it since it would up the quality of what I had already done, but a realization came to me WAY too late, as I was about 150 renders in; what about the animations?

This thought gave me pause. I would have to re-render the animations into a PNG sequence, which is easy enough to do, then edit the frames in Luminar and finally compile the PNG sequence into a looping video, which would not be that much of an issue as you can batch apply effects in Luminar, but I then realized that the DoF effect would fuck all of this up, as I would need to go in frame by frame to correct any issues caused by the DoF effect. Each animation is 3-4 seconds on average at 60fps, which would mean 180 images to edit per animation, and ToL has a decent amount of animations, 100+, which would mean over 1800 images to edit individually in addition to the 500+ still-renders. As you can imagine, the sheer number alone just made me go numb, and I started to feel the burn out. I had already edited a decent amount of images, and didn't want to give up, but going through 1800+ images one by one would be soul-crushing. I took a few days off to clear my mind and think of a solution.

That's when I came to a decision; since I still have pretty much all of the scenes saved, I would go back to my older renders, rework them to include the DoF effect in-engine to not get any of the weird artifacts and just use Luminar to edit the colours, exposure, etc.

That's where the last issue came up. The engine has two ways to create a DoF, one provided by the engine itself, and one provided via a mod, and the majority of developers prefer using the mod to create the DoF as you could go into a bit more detail with it. That's where my lack of experience with this mod slowed me down, I was able to get a somewhat serviceable DoF effect, but it would also bleed into the characters, making some part of their bodies blurry as well. I decided to use the in-engine DoF, and after several more days of tweaking and experimenting, I was FINALLY able to get it to work as I wanted it to!

PLANS GOING FORWARD & PREVIEWS

After going through this experience, there are a few things that I want to do. First of all, I want to be more consistent with not only update previews, but also talking to you guys. Beforehand I would always kinda work until I've made what I consider to be decent progress before posting here, but now I think that I'll be posting weekly updates even if there's nothing major, talk about maybe some of the technical aspects of things, what went right, what went wrong, as a way to communicate with you.

Secondly, I won't be giving time-frames for releases. Well, I might give a general ball-park, but I've found that giving a time-frame for a release puts more pressure on me, which in turn causes me to fumble and overthink more, which results in me progressing a lot slower than I would if I hadn't given myself a deadline. This will ironically make me work at a faster pace, so I believe to be for the best.

Now, here are some before/afters of a few scenes that I've remade (not yet edited in Luminar, I'll post before/after Luminar edits next week, promise). Enjoy c:

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Thanks you so much for your patience and support c:
I know that it can be frustrating supporting a newbie dev because of things like this, but your support means the world to me, and that you found enough potential in Taste Of Life that you'd want to financially support it means even more! I'm eternally grateful, and I look forward to giving you more as soon as I can. Take care and have a great week c:

P.S: An extra special thank you to adumbtoy and Mel, our communications gave me an extra boost to do my best c:

dmmt

May 8, 2020
MEGA link: dead
Anonfile: DL at 100k/sec
Mixdrop: DL at 900k.sec

MEGA needs to be reupped

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

Hey guys!

It's been a while, I'm sorry for my prolonged absence. I'll keep it short; people in my country, me included, got scammed by an immigration agency, and since I've been in-between jobs, it's been tough to recover from this. There's also been more personal issues happening with my relationships, which caused me to burnout heavily. I'm sorry, I should have kept you up-to-date instead of going completely silent.

Despite the setbacks, I'm happy to announce that Chapter 1 is now fully finished!

It's taken much longer because in addition to the new content, I went back and re-rendered almost every single images and animations. I learned more on how to use the software and create better-looking images, so I didn't want a huge discrepancy in quality between older renders and newer renders (hence, Redux). While there's still room for improvement, I'm excited for you to see the improvements I've made and to experience the new content!

Changelog Chp.1 - 1.0 Redux

- 810+ old renders remade

- 140+ old animations remade

- 130+ new renders

- 20+ new animations

- 600+ new lines of dialogue

- Edited some older lines of dialogue

- Corrected some typos and grammatical mistakes

Download Links:

Next week, I'll provide more details about what's coming next. In the meantime, please enjoy Chapter 1, and I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback once you've played through it.

Thank you for your support, and I'm looking forward to continuing this journey with you all in Chapter 2!

0033.png 0081.png 0092.png 0121.png 0220.png 0267.png 0344.png 0415.png 0675.png 0683.png 0733.png 0938.png

Jabami Yumeko

Apr 18, 2020

Hey guys!

It's been a while, I'm sorry for my prolonged absence. I'll keep it short; people in my country, me included, got scammed by an immigration agency, and since I've been in-between jobs, it's been tough to recover from this. There's also been more personal issues happening with my relationships, which caused me to burnout heavily. I'm sorry, I should have kept you up-to-date instead of going completely silent.

Despite the setbacks, I'm happy to announce that Chapter 1 is now fully finished!

It's taken much longer because in addition to the new content, I went back and re-rendered almost every single images and animations. I learned more on how to use the software and create better-looking images, so I didn't want a huge discrepancy in quality between older renders and newer renders (hence, Redux). While there's still room for improvement, I'm excited for you to see the improvements I've made and to experience the new content!

Changelog Chp.1 - 1.0 Redux

- 810+ old renders remade

- 140+ old animations remade

- 130+ new renders

- 20+ new animations

- 600+ new lines of dialogue

- Edited some older lines of dialogue

- Corrected some typos and grammatical mistakes

Download Links:

PC/Linux

PC/Linux (Compressed)

MAC

MAC (Compressed)

Android

Next week, I'll provide more details about what's coming next. In the meantime, please enjoy Chapter 1, and I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback once you've played through it.

Thank you for your support, and I'm looking forward to continuing this journey with you all in Chapter 2!

View attachment 2458047 View attachment 2458048 View attachment 2458049 View attachment 2458050 View attachment 2458051 View attachment 2458052 View attachment 2458053 View attachment 2458054 View attachment 2458055 View attachment 2458056 View attachment 2458057 View attachment 2458058
Deym bro i lost motivation bout this and i though completely abandoned without reason

Ans now u show up dude :cry: but thx there still hope

Reactions: Daruko01

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Only Chapter 1 so far. You can still go ahead and play it, Chapter 2 will be its own sort of "release", as in it will be its own separate download.
Honestly Daruko unless this is 5gb+ I would not recommend splitting it up into separate downloads but the decision is yours.

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes