VN Ren'Py Tavern of Spear [v0.32a] [Caro]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

desireloading

May 18, 2019
Speaking of the routes, my favorites in the order of my preference are (excuse me as I speak English, it is not my main language):
The first route where you save "everyone" because it seems to me that it has a lot of content bought from others and it seems to me the morally correct one since you can try to save both tribes (bulls and lizards) discovering the truth
The second best route, in my opinion, is that of the bulls (although for reasons that are not so objective) here you save their tribe and suffer as a player, not referring to the protagonist of the game but as a real person because you know that you could save both groups but you still joined forces with only one, and therefore you feel relatively bad for knowing how thane has been replaced by an impostor although not as the protagonist of the game who is unaware of this. but at least he offers us a possibly pleasant relationship with Axel (I say possibly because to me seems to lack a lot of character development in my opinion)
The fourth route at the moment, the most meh , lacks a lot in my opinion for it to be good, but I think that interesting things could happen to the protagonist not knowing the tribe of bulls, the bad thing is that the only really good thing it has to offer He is Selye and sadly, in my opinion, that character has nothing to offer at the moment (apart from his physical appearance) his personality is not well worked out and much development is needed for the protagonist to at least be interested in him. I don't think people are interested in him at the moment and less at the moment I, who am not compatible with him. I think people will choose this route quite by accident if you were wrong and did not save Thane. Nothing more to say in my opinion
the third route in my opinion (the worst) does not make much sense in my opinion to be chosen due to its lack of content and the only possibly good thing is that you can probably focus more on Nauxus but it is still a stupid reason for it to be This route is eligible since this character appears in all the others. if the game developer wants people to choose this route it has to have a lot of plot twists to make it quite different from the rest of the routes

Aug 2, 2019
Speaking of the routes, my favorites in the order of my preference are (excuse me as I speak English, it is not my main language):
The first route where you save "everyone" because it seems to me that it has a lot of content bought from others and it seems to me the morally correct one since you can try to save both tribes (bulls and lizards) discovering the truth
The second best route, in my opinion, is that of the bulls (although for reasons that are not so objective) here you save their tribe and suffer as a player, not referring to the protagonist of the game but as a real person because you know that you could save both groups but you still joined forces with only one, and therefore you feel relatively bad for knowing how thane has been replaced by an impostor although not as the protagonist of the game who is unaware of this. but at least he offers us a possibly pleasant relationship with Axel (I say possibly because to me seems to lack a lot of character development in my opinion)
The fourth route at the moment, the most meh , lacks a lot in my opinion for it to be good, but I think that interesting things could happen to the protagonist not knowing the tribe of bulls, the bad thing is that the only really good thing it has to offer He is Selye and sadly, in my opinion, that character has nothing to offer at the moment (apart from his physical appearance) his personality is not well worked out and much development is needed for the protagonist to at least be interested in him. I don't think people are interested in him at the moment and less at the moment I, who am not compatible with him. I think people will choose this route quite by accident if you were wrong and did not save Thane. Nothing more to say in my opinion
the third route in my opinion (the worst) does not make much sense in my opinion to be chosen due to its lack of content and the only possibly good thing is that you can probably focus more on Nauxus but it is still a stupid reason for it to be This route is eligible since this character appears in all the others. if the game developer wants people to choose this route it has to have a lot of plot twists to make it quite different from the rest of the routes
I did the lizard route first and honestly after completing the war i personally couldnt look at nauxus the same way.

Reactions: watota

desireloading

May 18, 2019
I did the lizard route first and honestly after completing the war i personally couldnt look at nauxus the same way.
Could you explain why you feel that way about that character? It would be interesting to talk in this thread about how you feel about the characters or the story of the developing game.

Aug 2, 2019
Could you explain why you feel that way about that character? It would be interesting to talk in this thread about how you feel about the characters or the story of the developing game.
To explain my reasoning further is that to many of the players the narrative is placed within naxus and the lizard's favor. You're welcomed into their village and even given your own living quarters with in hours of meeting him all in the exchange of getting one of his men out of enemy territory. Perhaps naxus saw eyvind's/MC's arrival as an strategic edge to win the war? perhaps not. If Eyvind succeeds in getting the spy home he is reunited with his wife and daughter, if not...welp. Daddy went to get some milk and cigarettes at the store. This also further pushes us to help the lizards out more.

Now compare this to our meeting with the Bull tribe. Most players encounters a bull grunt trying to take evyind's head off once he reaches the eastern part of the forest. This hostility is further elevated once he reaches the bull village, they immediately chase him out of the village and our only way to get in is for thane(Husband <3) to vouch for us. Axel, while he does give you access to the town and lodgings. It's more of a "Im only doing this to get my son off of my case" than something genuine.

The lizards are far more sympathetic to me than the bulls were. So, i chose to side with them. When you pushed the war into the lizard's favor and take down axel, surely we can enter an era of peace, right?

Naxus:

1686294964040.png

There is no discussion of how to deal with the bull tribe after the war. Not even a chance to change his mind on such a nuclear action. Just straight up genocide. His reasoning for doing something so extreme? The bulls must have killed the children or something along that line(it's been a while since i played the lizard route). Ever since then i really dont see much of an appeal to him, if at all.

Last edited:

desireloading

May 18, 2019
To explain my reasoning further is that to many of the players the narrative is placed within naxus and the lizard's favor. You're welcomed into their village and even given your own living quarters with in hours of meeting him all in the exchange of getting one of his men out of enemy territory. Perhaps naxus saw eyvind's/MC's arrival as an strategic edge to win the war? perhaps not. If Eyvind succeeds in getting the spy home he is reunited with his wife and daughter, if not...welp. Daddy went to get some milk and cigarettes at the store. This also further pushes us to help the lizards out more.

Now compare this to our meeting with the Bull tribe. Most players encounters a bull grunt trying to take evyind's head off once he reaches the eastern part of the forest. This hostility is further elevated once he reaches the bull village, they immediately chase him out of the village and our only way to get in is for thane(Husband <3) to vouch for us. Axel, while he does give you access to the town and lodgings. It's more of a "Im only doing this to get my son off of my case" than something genuine.

The lizards are far more sympathetic to me than the bulls were. So, i chose to side with them. When you pushed the war into the lizard's favor and take down axel, surely we can enter an era of peace, right?

Naxus:

View attachment 2684959

There is no discussion of how to deal with the bull tribe after the war. Not even a chance to change his mind on such a nuclear action. Just straight up genocide. His reasoning for doing something so extreme? The bulls must have killed the children or something along that line(it's been a while since i played the lizard route). Ever since then i really dont see much of an appeal to him, if at all.
Your point of view is interesting and the truth is that I had not considered what you mentioned very much, but even so I do not think I can change my route preferences much if there is still a lot to be developed in the plot of the lizard route, but it is still so good to know that you have an interesting opinion on the subject of routes

mrhardbone123

May 10, 2021
I think the best route is where you stop the war, save Thane and you are still able to romance Nauxus(as it seems that option of dating both Nauxus and Thane will be possible thanks to the 3rd bonus scene), though it sucks that you can't choose all neutral choices for that as if you do, Nauxus becomes cold towards us

Carol Hart29263

Mar 5, 2023
Hey, I'm pretty sure someone prob already covered this, but how do you add the bonus scenes? I got the files (Thanks a bunch!!!) but don't know what to do with them. I'm on Android btw...

Nov 8, 2021
Hello, I have a problem with the game save because I can't find the save folder where it is stored
The global devide save data is store in "%AppData%\RenPy\Tvern_of_Spear-1". Recent game save data is stored in "renpy game folder\game\saves".
The AppData folder will be overritten with every save of your build and serves as a continous save folder between builds.

Onibear

Oct 12, 2022
Does someone know how to extract the game files or have them uncompressed? I need the map images but UnRen doesn't seem to work

peteyone1

Mar 20, 2019
Might help haha

Install this app "Explorer" View attachment 2618256

Open the app and go here
View attachment 2618258

Here
View attachment 2618259

Here here
View attachment 2618260

Here here here
View attachment 2618261

Here here here here
View attachment 2618262

Pick the save file you want to get and move/copy it outside the data folder
View attachment 2618264

The corresponding save file
View attachment 2618265

Open this web and upload the save file
View attachment 2618266

Edit it to 1
View attachment 2618267

Edit this one also to 1 then download it back
View attachment 2618268

Paste/Move/Overwrite the new edit save file here again
View attachment 2618269

Then you can have the Protein Bread
Who's the artist of that warwick wallpaper? Looks nice

Nov 8, 2021
use 7 zip, best piece of software for unzipping files
Where on this world did you learn that 7zip could uncompress rpa files? Never ever have I heard that and in actuality it does not work.

Does someone know how to extract the game files or have them uncompressed? I need the map images but UnRen doesn't seem to work
Use this. Drag and drop the rpa on the executable.

untoldterrors

Jan 2, 2023
Where on this world did you learn that 7zip could uncompress rpa files? Never ever have I heard that and in actuality it does not work.

Use this. Drag and drop the rpa on the executable.
sorry was half asleep, i did not clearly read the message in my half asleep state

Wolf_Dick

Sep 2, 2019
Hello my wonderful kingdom of good boy wolfies and wolf enjoyers! Today on getting lost in a forest and flying a metal grate across the skies of the land, I arrive with many gifts! Totally unbiased from being your supernatural yet physically formed 24ft tall wolf hero of sheathing and archive holding mysteries~

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While that was a lot to unpack, I now have a very light roomy feeling in the 'pouch' that must be attended to and my 'sword' needs polishing, so now I return to my heroic duties of ̶s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ahem, giving joy and pleasant surprises to the needful good boys! Please do indulge in telling me about your excitement for this update and more!

P.S. Wish the good boy creator well! He works hard even while he's having a rough time, like with this month!

Edit: tested keys to double check they are all correct!

Enjoy & I'll keep lurking! Much love, brothers & sailors & forest dwellers alike!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 5 Votes