Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
The load issue and the abrupt quit/movie night issues were both fixed within the last, oh, 3 or 4 hours maybe so it's possible you have an old version where it's still an issue. Or it's still an issue somewhere else I haven't fixed yet.

Reactions: papasmurf

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
The load issue and the abrupt quit/movie night issues were both fixed within the last, oh, 3 or 4 hours maybe so it's possible you have an old version where it's still an issue. Or it's still an issue somewhere else I haven't fixed yet.
It's version 1.21.
Movie with daughter didn't crash for me, but some choices just put you back in the living room without any actual text. I also got a few exceptions popping up, which could be worked around by clicking ignore. The one I remember best was when using the credit card when you go shopping with the daughter.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Yeh, all of the weirdness with jumping to different scenes or jumping to the menu should be fixed in 1.24.

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Just wanted to confirm that the issues mentioned by me, were indeed from 1.23

Last edited:

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Got this error in 1.24 when trying to give the pill to the wife the first time around, popups when choosing the option 'come on, why don't you have some more coffee and let's, uh, talk this over'.

Its not a huge one I guess, since you can choose to ignore it and go on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
- no images/animations involving fondling daughter's ass. what a shame.
- more meghan please.
- more update please irredeemable! :)
- so i cheated and used the credit card code when starting the game; but now daughter every Friday asks me to go shopping and spend $500 for the same scene. does she stop asking at some point? (or maybe shopping for different clothes is in the future!)

Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I know this was asked before, but I couldn't find it in the reading or in game. What is achievement 12?

Achievement 12 is you selling alcohol to Kaitlyn. Go to the girl's locker room when the game gives you the option to select it at work, you should find Kaitlyn smoking. In order to continue, you need to have a pack of beer in your inventory. Drink a beer in front of her, and she will propose that you buy her booze in exchange for an invite to a party. She doesn't want the beer you have on you through, she's going to want fruity booze. You need to go to the superstore and buy it there, wait a day, and give it to her while she is in the locker room.

Reactions: AlphaWolf

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
- no images/animations involving fondling daughter's ass. what a shame.
Ha! Thing is, at least when it comes to sex scenes, I'm kind of married to the whole POV thing and I just couldn't get a good POV shot. To be honest, I rushed that scene because I wanted to coincide it with the first patron release going public. I had so much stuff in that release missing from the initial public release (complete intro redesign, for example) that I didn't want to wait through another patron cycle to expose it to the general public (I did poll my patrons beforehand to make sure they were ok with it). So, yeh, that scene was probably 3 or 4 renders shorter than it could have been. I will definitely rectify that once I get my system upgraded.

I'm upgrading from an ancient i3 to an i7 7700 4.2ghz tomorrow thanks to the generosity of patrons and one way or another I'm getting a 1080TI next month even if I have to float some credit. Once that stuff gets online expect lots more goodies.

Glad you like Meghan, she's one of my favorities. Can't decide if I want to corrupt her or give her a hug. Aw, who am I kidding.

Funny everyone knew "iddqg" but no one has mentioned this weeks cheat code. Come on, guys.

Reactions: atlas114

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
fyi, going to the superstore works just fine for me in 1.24

On a different note. In regards to Kaitlyn and the offer you get to buy beer for her, it might be an idea to make it more clear that it has to be given to her on a friday (Im guessing thats how it should work, since I couldnt give it to her earlier).

In regards to cheats. I thought the current code is the same as in 1.23 eg the one mentioned a few pages back? Also kinda in that thought, since I guess that starting a new save each version is recommended (in order to avoid extra bugs), are there console commands to raise the specific levels of each girl (I would look myself but who am I kidding, Im too lazy)? It would make replaying a tad easier for us pervy 'hardcore' but lazy players :)

Reactions: AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

May 9, 2017
Achievement 12 is you selling alcohol to Kaitlyn. Go to the girl's locker room when the game gives you the option to select it at work, you should find Kaitlyn smoking. In order to continue, you need to have a pack of beer in your inventory. Drink a beer in front of her, and she will propose that you buy her booze in exchange for an invite to a party. She doesn't want the beer you have on you through, she's going to want fruity booze. You need to go to the superstore and buy it there, wait a day, and give it to her while she is in the locker room.
Thanks for the help

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer
D

Deleted member 7072

For those trying to save scum: it looks like rooms are rolled when you sleep, simply rolling back or saving and loading in the classroom will not work. You need to save before you go to sleep.

For the dev:

duplicates of all items
I decompiled scripts.rpa and have been poking around, I might be able to help you with that.

On lines 72-73 in 1actions.rpy you call:
$ superstore.addToCatalogue(alcopop)
$ superstore.inventory.append(alcopop)

You aren't checking for duplicates before adding the alcopop. Store() is a list internally; I am not familiar enough with renpy to know what the built in Set class is called, but I think python 2.7 has a set class you could use. If you want to do something super hacky and decidedly against multiple design patterns you could do something like superstore.inventory = Store(set(superstore.inventory)), however you do that properly with renpy Store(). I couldn't find the source code for Store() unfortunately. Casting a list as a set and back again obviously destroys information and can cause epicly bad things to happen, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Anyway, so in this scene you can keep drinking beer until you run out since you can't black out. Every single time you do so, another alcopop is added to the shop. Your code is kinda split up weirdly so it is hard to find all these classes and functions I am talking about, but it looks like you use a list to populate the store's catalogue, each element of which is appended to the store's inventory.
Instead of directly adding items to the store in scenes like my example, perhaps only add the items to the catalogue, then clear() the superstore's inventory and populate it with the catalogue every time you go to the store. If you want to have a limited supply of items you can assign a variable in a loop that copies the catalogue into the inventory the desired number of times for each item. Or better yet just use the catalogue directly, do not remove items from the catalogue like you do with superstore.inventory allowing you to buy as many as you have money for. It's not like a store is going to run out of alcohol or condoms after all.

Other thoughts/bugs:
The movie scene with the daughter does not check the unlimited items flag for the mc_pills if you used the cheat. Since you can put up to 4 in before her control caps this is actually pretty important. Until that is fixed, anyone who forgets to buy more pills can add them with inventory.add(mc_pill)

Roughly 30% of the time there was no event generated for the lounge, classroom, and hallway. Dead days suck. Since the lounge at best only give 1 affection to the person of you choice, maybe make it always there rather than random?

Not to shit on your organization or anything, but you might want to tidy things up a bit. Your game is small enough at the moment that having declarations spread out weirdly and not having a lot of consistency isn't going to slow you down quite yet, but it will eventually. It's also possible I'm just retarded and can't see how you are organizing things. I'd need to see your Design Document to know :p.

After you have seen both dreams, it would be nice if a menu popped up letting you choose which to see. Once you add the other two dreams I see declarations for it might be worth the effort. It's 50/50 right now with the random roll occurring a single frame back so it is very easy to rollback scum.

The dialogue is pretty fucking hilarious, especially smashing the thermostat, keep it up man! You're doing great!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 7072

married to the whole POV thing and I just couldn't get a good POV shot.
I WILL CHERISH YOU FOREVER. Too many sex games obscure half the god damn screen with the dudes asshole, going 100% POV only is very very rare currently and utterly fantastic. Nothing ruins immersion more than some poorly modeled/goofy-looking/ugly MC showing up in the sex scene. Oh also let me know if you don't want my advice etc with the game, I know how it can be extremely annoying to some people. Any game with solely POV scenes is a great game to me.

P.S. cowgirl is easily the best looking position in POV, pls add mr dev

D

Deleted member 7072

While I'm at it, here are some useful console commands, dear cheaters:

Enable cheat mode without typing in that long ass code:
unlimited_cheat = True

Inventory cheats:
inventory.add(mc_pill)
or
inventory.add(mc_pills, 5)
inventory.money = 100000

Affection/Control/Corruption cheats (you will skip past some of Meghan's progression if you set her control too high)
Every girl has a single character name which you use to change stats, which are as follows
w
d
k
s
m
a
Which are Wife, Daughter, Kaitlyn, Sara, Meghan, Anne respectively.
d.changeAffection(5)
d.changeControl(3)
d.changeCorruption(1)
player.changeDepravity(100) to max your own depravity
Happy hacking!

Last edited by a moderator:
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes