• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Isn't this one just because the scenes that add these to the inventory can be continuously played over? I don't think there is a trigger that checks if the first event has played before so its added in the kathy event and I presume the random dream event when you don't take the sleep aid
Hmm... but now the superstore only starts with items that aren't added subsequently by events. And if I'm not mistaken the inventory only gets updated if the stock is empty. The bug I was specifically thinking of(maybe different from what OP is mentioning) is just duplicates of all items showing up early in the game. I'll keep it in the back of my mind but I guess there are more important things to deal with at the moment. :)

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Can you only get with Meghan? She seems to be the only one you can give the pill to other than bitchy wife & daughter at the end. It seems to me that after Sara asks you to support her you never see her again. Kaitlyn has a drink in the locker room and Anne has her coffee in the staff room but you can't spike them.

I also noticed that wife's stats don't increase. I did the nasty with her about 10 times and only had affection of 2 with control & corruption of 0.
Yes. More lewdness coming soon, I promise.

Reactions: atlas114

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Hmm... but now the superstore only starts with items that aren't added subsequently by events. And if I'm not mistaken the inventory only gets updated if the stock is empty. The bug I was specifically thinking of(maybe different from what OP is mentioning) is just duplicates of all items showing up early in the game. I'll keep it in the back of my mind but I guess there are more important things to deal with at the moment. :)
yes really a non issue- your time is better spent on anything game breaking or new content :)

Aug 13, 2016
So I'm trying to delete the save files and start from the beginning to keep them organised, but I can't seem to find the saves in AppData/Roaming/Renpy/ there is no TP or Teacher's Pet folder. Anyone know the folder name?

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@irredeemable Nice release. A question for you. You'll be able to have sex and increase corruption without the use of the pills only increasing affection, aren't you?

Echo_7

May 4, 2017
Out of curiosity is it possible to get anywhere with the girls if you don't use the pill?

I kinda told the dude to go fuck himself earlier, and think I've maxed out the Meghan affection path now.

Aeriys

Apr 23, 2017
I'm getting an exception error every time I load a previous save. A rollback allows me to continue, though. Using the 1.23 from Patreon.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/events.rpy", line 470, in script call
  File "game/2 init.rpy", line 10, in script
ScriptError: could not find label 'current_room'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/events.rpy", line 470, in script call
  File "game/2 init.rpy", line 10, in script
  File "D:\Teachers Pets\renpy\ast.py", line 1527, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\Teachers Pets\renpy\script.py", line 858, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'current_room'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Teacher's Pets 1.23

Reactions: RobJoy

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
@irredeemable Nice release. A question for you. You'll be able to have sex and increase corruption without the use of the pills only increasing affection, aren't you?
Out of curiosity is it possible to get anywhere with the girls if you don't use the pill?

I kinda told the dude to go fuck himself earlier, and think I've maxed out the Meghan affection path now.
I mentioned this at length on Patreon the other day so I'll just paste it here:

Thank you for all of the enlightening discussion regarding the merits of mind control vs. romance.

The way I see it right now, the mind control aspect of the game serves two purposes: one, much like the dream sequences, it allows early pacing of lewd content to keep players interested and to serve as a a sort of mission statement of the kind of lewd content to expect from the game (i.e. not just a few stills with perfunctory dialogue.)

Two, it allows for a lot of comedy and absurd moments in a genre that is often severely lacking in them. The drug dealer character is actually a holdover from the first game I started—he was never intended to be in this one—but I liked him so much that I decided I couldn't do without him.

Right now I see the mind control stuff as the "early game." Yes, you are still going to be able to have fun with all of the characters by merely popping a few pills, but you're probably not going to be able to bend Meg over a desk and take her virginity simply by grinding out magic beans for a few weeks.

The "end game", if you will, relies much more on character interactions—not just re-rolling until you say the most flattering thing, but puzzles, understanding how the characters feel about one another and what their needs are. We're not talking chess here—I don't want you to feel lost trying to get the ending you want—but I do want there to be some semblance of realism. I tried to get some of that into the game already with the new Meg stuff. Maybe no one noticed while trying their best to fondle those melons.

So that's how I see things at the moment. It's still a comedy. There's still mind control, there's still as much lewd as I can fit in it, but I also enjoy creating it the most when I'm writing characters that have more to say than: "um, sure, stick it in my ass."

While I have a lot of ideas in the pipe, things are certainly subject to change. Let me know if you think I'm heading the right direction or have any criticisms or suggestions.​

Reactions: wep

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
i hope you dont mean that in the future since well i would love to revisit sex scenes and be able to load file without having to skip a day or if i screw up on a option and give a girl a broken heart i can revisit that save file and make the correct choice
No, I'm fully in favor of save scumming and roll back. The problem here was that I was implementing a new version of achievements and ended up mucking things up.

I'm getting an exception error every time I load a previous save. A rollback allows me to continue, though. Using the 1.23 from Patreon.
This should be fixed in 1.24.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
No, I'm fully in favor of save scumming and roll back. The problem here was that I was implementing a new version of achievements and ended up mucking things up.

This should be fixed in 1.24.
i keep crashing after watching movie with the daughter

Aug 5, 2016
I'm glad to see progression in this game. It's a fun concept and has some great humor in it and I'm excited to see what comes next. The characters still look sorta strange, and I think I agree that it's the shape of the lower head. It's not too distracting though.

I love Meghan, the archetype of the social outcast girl who is more interested in talking to teachers is one I don't often see in the games I play. It's usually just whores and stacked women who become whores. I can't wait to see more of her.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
What kind of crash? Teleport to another area, info dump? Do you have a screenshot?
sent back to main menu. no error message

tried it 3 times now, it only crashes on the "it was romantic" or whatever option but the "aliens" option is fine

using version 1.23 that was posted on the patreon

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I'm glad to see progression in this game. It's a fun concept and has some great humor in it and I'm excited to see what comes next. The characters still look sorta strange, and I think I agree that it's the shape of the lower head. It's not too distracting though.

I love Meghan, the archetype of the social outcast girl who is more interested in talking to teachers is one I don't often see in the games I play. It's usually just whores and stacked women who become whores. I can't wait to see more of her.
if I remember correctly if you choose "nice jacket" when you first meet her she mentions that she stole it from
her dad. there's potential for daddy issues with this one and she may gravitate to you as a more authoritative father figure she never really had. I could see her visiting you for "office hours" after school or asking you to swing by her home (w her parents out) for extra tutoring lessons. much potential here. plus boobs.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
sent back to main menu. no error message

tried it 3 times now, it only crashes on the "it was romantic" or whatever option but the "aliens" option is fine

using version 1.23 that was posted on the patreon
Ah, this is fixed in 1.24. I've had it uploaded for a while, just forgot to update the note at the top of the page.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
is there anything you can do with waifu except drug her? i think im at about 25 relation or some such and still cant touch that ass on the weekend
Ha, not yet. She seems to be pretty low on the totem pole of popularity so she's been overlooked a bit this update. I'll definitely throw her a bone, so-to-speak, next update. I always want to make at least some attempt to humanize her a little bit so she's not just a Disney villian. Or maybe having the wife be a Disney villain is OK, I'm not sure.

Reactions: papasmurf
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes