Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help, I just got the latest version and my McAfee has thrown a fit and quarantined the game exe and everytime I restore it, it's quarantined again. I tried asking McAfee and just got messed about, any help would be appreciated.
Other than the usual "add the folder to your exclusion list" I have no idea what to tell.

j5LDC2TB

Sep 5, 2016
Cheers Storm4n, unfortunately I can't find the folder, McAfee have messed their software around so I'm clueless as to where to find it

Qendal

Sep 1, 2017
So i have this error and dont know what to do

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/topics.rpy", line 521, in script
  File "game/topics.rpy", line 521, in <module>
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/topics.rpy", line 521, in script
  File "C:\Users\super_000\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.62-win\TP-1.62-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\super_000\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\TP-1.62-win\TP-1.62-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/topics.rpy", line 521, in <module>
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Teacher's Pets 1.62

Caligula

Donor
Aug 22, 2017
Thx Caligula for your answer, but how do you achieve achievement 14 and 15? I have already done all text or different actions, and i can't reach those 2, same for 27 even after having done it, can''t see those achievements "done" in my list :'(
This is a specific one-time event that happens somewhat early in the game. If you have missed it you need to start a new playthrough. I'm sorry, I can't tell when and how exactly. Also I'm not sure if you can do this without drugging her during this event (have a pill in your inventory), in case you play the new drug-free route.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@irredeemable

Is a bug still a bug if the behavior is unexpected, but not undesirable?

In 1.631, clicking "Chat with Wife" from living room or bedroom results in nothing. The custom UI elements all hide and there are no options or dialogue displayed. Only thing to do is hit "back".

Given her sparkling personality so far, not convinced this isn't the best possible outcome... :)

Toutafay

Jul 13, 2017
Thx @Caligula.

I will try to restart one.
To the game Developper: can you tell me why my achievement 27 isn't "done" in the list even after done it?
I can't do it again and i don't want to spend 5 hours restarting the game for an action i already have done.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
@irredeemable

Is a bug still a bug if the behavior is unexpected, but not undesirable?

In 1.631, clicking "Chat with Wife" from living room or bedroom results in nothing. The custom UI elements all hide and there are no options or dialogue displayed. Only thing to do is hit "back".

Given her sparkling personality so far, not convinced this isn't the best possible outcome... :)
Is this from a save pre-1.6? Initially I was under the impression that save importing was horribly broken so I basically gave up on it, but lately this is the most common report I've come across. If it is from an old save you can try fixing it by entering the following 4 lines in the console:

all_chats = ["d_chat", "w_chat", "a_chat", "w_chat_br", "w_chat_lr"]

topics["w_how_was_work"] = Topic(topics, "w_how_was_work", w, "How was work?", "w_how_was_work", ["w_chat_br", "w_chat_lr"], 999, True, [["school_in_session", "==", True]])

topics["w_how_are_you_doing"] = Topic(topics, "w_how_are_you_doing", w, "How are you doing?", "w_how_are_you_doing", ["w_chat_br", "w_chat_lr"], 999, True, [["school_in_session", "==", False]])

topics["end_chat"] = Topic(topics, "end_chat", d, "* End conversation *", "end_chat", all_chats, 999, False)

Yeah, it's a lot to type and make sure you get it all accurate (Ren'Py doesn't natively support pasting from the clipboard). If this is the only issue you've come across from importing an old save that's great news, maybe I can save saves after all. :)

Thx @Caligula.

I will try to restart one.
To the game Developper: can you tell me why my achievement 27 isn't "done" in the list even after done it?
I can't do it again and i don't want to spend 5 hours restarting the game for an action i already have done.
That's the hand job achievement right? Just checked the code and I don't see anything that should prevent it from registering the achievement once completed and I haven't had any other reports of that happening so I'm not sure what's going on in your case. You can manually register it by typing completeAchievement("Got a handjob from your daughter.") into the console, or jump back to the scene with jump daughter_6.

Reactions: Toutafay and bas

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Is this from a save pre-1.6? Initially I was under the impression that save importing was horribly broken so I basically gave up on it, but lately this is the most common report I've come across. If it is from an old save you can try fixing it by entering the following 4 lines in the console:

all_chats = ["d_chat", "w_chat", "a_chat", "w_chat_br", "w_chat_lr"]

topics["w_how_was_work"] = Topic(topics, "w_how_was_work", w, "How was work?", "w_how_was_work", ["w_chat_br", "w_chat_lr"], 999, True, [["school_in_session", "==", True]])

topics["w_how_are_you_doing"] = Topic(topics, "w_how_are_you_doing", w, "How are you doing?", "w_how_are_you_doing", ["w_chat_br", "w_chat_lr"], 999, True, [["school_in_session", "==", False]])

topics["end_chat"] = Topic(topics, "end_chat", d, "* End conversation *", "end_chat", all_chats, 999, False)

Yeah, it's a lot to type and make sure you get it all accurate (Ren'Py doesn't natively support pasting from the clipboard). If this is the only issue you've come across from importing an old save that's great news, maybe I can save saves after all. :)

[
/QUOTE]

When I was using an old save, I played on for awhile and that was the only error I got.

M

MantisK

I went to open game and McAfee quarantined it! Is it just my LiveSafe?
Code: JTI/Suspect.131076!fa64e345ed3a

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Is this from a save pre-1.6?
Yep - and typing = success! Figured you bothered to type it, I should do my part.

I can now make superficial small talk with my spouse that is sprinkled with seemingly innocuous land mines leading to wildly disproportionate negative consequences to my dick when I'm just trying to be supportive.

Wait.... umm... well... fuck.

Reactions: irredeemable

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I went to open game and McAfee quarantined it! Is it just my LiveSafe?
Code: JTI/Suspect.131076!fa64e345ed3a
McAfee seems to hate this game. Good time for an upgrade to a less shitty anti-virus if you ask me.

M

MantisK

McAfee seems to hate this game. Good time for an upgrade to a less shitty anti-virus if you ask me.
I had LiveSafe for last version, no issue. It downloaded twice no issue, only when I tried to play did it take the app file. Wouldn't let me restore and override. I even downloaded again to check. It has not affected any other games on any of the 3 major engines, just 1.631.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes