Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes
J

JoanaStevens

im new here and would like to know how to aktivate the console ingame Shift + O doesn´t work

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
This is a very bold statement. Most developers don't give in depth looks into their work or thought processes outside of release notes and/or announcements leading up to release notes. It's good that you think you are working hard on a product you [presumably] are passionate about, but you seem very self centered, as if you are somehow better or different than the scores of other developers pushing similar products.

In what way did he single you out? He gave his honest opinion that your game was lacking in content and that he didn't care for some of the features/design choices. As a game developer you should probably learn how to deal with criticism, even stupid criticism, with a more professional tone/manner. Particularly if you are trying to have customer relations via Patreon.
Is is that bold? The bar for boldness sure has been lowered. First of all, I said that "I would be shocked if." Not that I certainly had, but that if it were the case then I would be shocked were someone to have worked "harder." Not even just as hard. But "harder." All in all that's a very generous requirement shockage if you ask me.

Lets take an athlete, for example. How often do you hear that "nobody works harder than X." Now, because of the popularity and lucrativeness of professional athletics it's likely that there are millions of people each working as hard as possible. Now THAT truly is a bold claim.

I'm only claiming to outwork a few dozen eastern european NEETS. Not that bold.

And, by the way, the idea that I have to pander to absolutely everyone because maybe someday they'll throw me a few bucks on Patreon--yeh, that's not something that's going to happen.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I liked it and want to play more, but honestly I am really getting tired of just a few updates each time. I know that's how it is, and the release cycles - so I am going to just watch the fun until a good bit of content comes then will look forward to immersing myself in the joy.
For the moment I've shosen quicker release cycles with fewer content rather than longer cycles with more content. I thought this was especially important with so much of the original art ot redo. In the future I'll probably move to a standard once-a-month release cycle.

Reactions: ReJoe

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
For the moment I've shosen quicker release cycles with fewer content rather than longer cycles with more content. I thought this was especially important with so much of the original art ot redo. In the future I'll probably move to a standard once-a-month release cycle.
Nope, totally fine. Mostly I think I am just burned out with short amounts of content with so many games. Which just seems to be the norm now.

I really like the game, but want to get into it, not just drips and drops each time.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
im new here and would like to know how to aktivate the console ingame Shift + O doesn´t work
there should be a link on how to console in renpy here somewhere. but bascially in your game folder there should be an options.rpy and in that it should say "
init -1:
python hide:
config.developer = True"

and then you go to renpy>common and then find 00console and change console = False to True.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
irredeemable
Let me start by apologizing for what happened between me and your wife the other night. I don't even know how many beers I drank, mixed with the sleep aid, It's all still kinda fuzzy. I don't remember buying the buttplug at all, but I woke up with tons of alcohol, and like 6 condoms in my wallet, so I must have gone to the superstore at some point. Amazed that I could drive. I know the "i was drunk" is just an excuse, but I really wasn't myself. Maybe I took one of the mc_pills by mistake. Again, I'm sorry bro. If it's any consolation, I can tell you she didn't enjoy it.

U

User_10739

there should be a link on how to console in renpy here somewhere. but bascially in your game folder there should be an options.rpy and in that it should say "
init -1:
python hide:
config.developer = True"

and then you go to renpy>common and then find 00console and change console = False to True.
if you do the options.rpy, you don't need to touch the 00console.rpy file. be warned though that some renpy games have an options.rpy so I suggest naming it something else like cheatz.rpy or spunkmonkey.rpy... look in the tools & tutorials section for more detailed info.

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
I love the small content you're releasing and that you take your time to respond to us. Keep up the good work, mate.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
NO! I for one, LIKE the quick release cycle! Many artists have weeks or a month between releasing updates. Also, most of the games I like to play, the artists have an partner, assistant or a whole team! You are doing the artwork, coding and everything! I was shocked how quickly you release new content. One of the games I follow "Dating My Daughter" is only updated once a month, so I don't bother visiting his page until a month is almost up. I spend a lot more time on pages with quick releases and lots of fan comments, clues and suggestions.

Your artwork and execution are very good. Meghan and daughter (Debby for me) are super sexy! Meghan is my favorite, probably because we see her awesome boobs and topless animation (I really like how her eyes blink). The glitches and errors are very few, I can click ignore a couple times and continue the game. My only complaint or comment is Kaitlyn's teeth look weird gray color during the dream sequence. I'm guessing you're experimenting with shadowing but her teeth look stained. Maybe a little whiter? That's all I've got. As for the trolls, they are people who have never done anything artistic or created anything in their lives, so they have no idea how much work it is.

If you're story is leading us to have a reason for cheating on the wife, it's working because she's a total bitch. Other than that the stories are very intriguing. I'm dying to see where they're leading. Keep up the Great work! And Thanks!

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Thanks for the kind words. I just need to change the shader on her teeth—sometimes the default teeth shader just looks gross for some reason and I was too inexperienced at the time to realize it.

I was going to go ahead and rerender the entire animation when I did Kait's makeover but I was getting a weird bug where the new shader I'm using for her skin wasn't playing well with her genitalia. If I can get that corrected I'll leave it rendering overnight.

edit: Fun fact, her original texture did not play well with the genitalia either. Her crotch skin is a significantly different shade than the rest of her body. I figured it looked well enough as maybe a shadow so I left it. If you frame by frame it though you will see about 20 hasty, uneven, disgruntled photoshop jobs in the corners trying to clean it up.

Last edited:

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I really enjoy this game. I have lots of screenshots I post on other forums, and sing its praises where I can. I ran through v1.25 last night. Having seen a lot of the content in 1.09 already, I wanted to skip most of it with Renpy's "skip" function. And, it was just irritating. Because of this:

teachers_pet-get_into_strange_van.jpg

The way so much of the main character's dialogue is presented as a fake "choice" box when there really isn't an actual choice stops the process of auto-skipping through previously read text. Also, it is less intuitive to read because it removes the ability to click anywhere on the screen to advance the story when the MC speaks. You have to keep the mouse centered over that text box area as you click through the screens.

While it may not be a huge problem right now, as the game expands, and there's more people skipping previously read content, they're going to complain about it. I recommend getting rid of all those fake "choice" boxes before there's so much content that it will be a real hassle to fix.

Reactions: smokeroom

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I like the game, especially the humor. Pounding the buttplug in the wife's ass might have been going a little too far, but all I had was a hammer.

I don't think that most of the complaints being made about this game are genuine. Honestly, they love everything so far, and want to see more in future updates. But something is off, about the game and they just can't quite put their finger on it, or bring themselves to admit that they are disappointed with themselves, rather than it being the game's fault.

While probably not Irredeemable's intent, lets just say... "play as a guy who dreams about young girls, and has trouble getting his wife to have sex with him" might be a little more reality, than they were looking for.

remove the wife's coffee, leaving no possibility to have sex at all, and suddenly those players will show more appreciation, for all the work you put into this demo. The wife, is the last person they want to bang, in this type of game, not the first.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I really enjoy this game. I have lots of screenshots I post on other forums, and sing its praises where I can. I ran through v1.25 last night. Having seen a lot of the content in 1.09 already, I wanted to skip most of it with Renpy's "skip" function. And, it was just irritating. Because of this:

View attachment 6908

The way so much of the main character's dialogue is presented as a fake "choice" box when there really isn't an actual choice stops the process of auto-skipping through previously read text. Also, it is less intuitive to read because it removes the ability to click anywhere on the screen to advance the story when the MC speaks. You have to keep the mouse centered over that text box area as you click through the screens.

While it may not be a huge problem right now, as the game expands, and there's more people skipping previously read content, they're going to complain about it. I recommend getting rid of all those fake "choice" boxes before there's so much content that it will be a real hassle to fix.
If I had it to do over again I would have simply made a normal protagonist but i chose early on to have everything strictly first person, even non-choice choices, and I think I'll stick to it. It gives the game an odd feel that I like, but it also makes it much more difficult to write normal conversations.

One impetus for it was to lessen the amount of dialogue from the MC. I always hate MC romantic dialogue, even professionally written stuff like Bioware. After romancing Cassandra in DA:I I was like "whoops, reload, no more romance." If you'll notice most of the MCs dialogue in TP is either purely functional or in service of a joke (like that hilarious Van Morrison joke in the SS. Come on people, I've been sitting on that one for years and it finally came up organically!). Of course, one could argue that I make the problem even worse by forcing the choice of dialogue on the player, making the player assume further ownership. To that I say: shut up.

All that that said, I'm guessing there may be some way to skip choices when using Renpy's skip function, so I'll look into that.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Brainstorming now I should be able to set some variable like is_skipping = True right before a skip, then simply ignore single-item menu choices if is_skipping = True. This could cause problems, of course, for people not expecting that behavior as it is abnormal. I probably won't get it into the next version but I'll definitely consider it in the future.

Reactions: jpsimon

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
is there a need to repeat all the steps to get Meghan to take her top/bra off after putting the pill in her drink? or will there be plans to vary/speed up the dialogue to the good stuff after you've already corrupted her into doing it?

speaking of which, if you chose the path of getting rid of the drug dealer (and calling him a mongoloid lol) you obtain both Sara/Meghan's numbers, which I hope will be exploited in later versions as there isn't any progression in 1.2x.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes