Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Dasati

May 30, 2017
The whole thing has been applied really inconsistently. It may well be that deem and KST just had the misfortune of getting an overzealous agent.

Matthias067

Oct 18, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I ain't going through 175 pages...

The first time Meghan comes to the classroom, the walkthrough says to "Use pill 2" but I don't get an option to do so... Did I miss something? I already used pill 1 and I do have more pills... Some help would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Hmm, which walkthrough says that? As far as i can remember you only use one pill per classroom visit, but you need to do it multiple times in order to build up (i forget if its control or corruption) in order to go further with her each time.

Matthias067

Oct 18, 2017
The pills one, linked in the OP... But I think I may have just misunderstood it, as I thought you had to use 2 pills the first time... Thanks for clearing that up, hah!

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Well i'm still shocked how big brother page isn't suspended.
And I'm not. Like deem said - I don't wish anything bad to any dev, but it's obvious that we have hypocrisy at its best: BB, DMD and othetr big earners can post and write whatever they want - not even paywalled - and the rest... Well, we already saw.

Good one, Patreon! That's sure another big win for democracy! Yay!

Reactions: UncleVT

Dasati

May 30, 2017
It might not be hypocrisy on the part of patreon, but on the part of the specific agent deem got. She seems like a real by the book stickler for the rules, whilst DMD for example may of got a more laid back "so long as its not public its cool" agent. The patreon guidelines are vague enough that they can be interpreted differently from person to person.

Reactions: paladin07

zbekdnsrhrh2

Oct 6, 2017
Pardon my lacking English.
I just finished reading the new post on Patreon and I began to wonder what actually caused these 'censoring' in the first place.
I really couldn't find the consistency in Patreon's censoring since some games mentioned in the post were way more 'obvious' when it comes to depicting incest or underage.
The only logical conclusion which I could come up with, was that someone who informed Patreon regarding incest or underage matters in the first place could have specifically mentioned some game titles, and TP could have been in that list.
Maybe it was like what Dasati mentioned above. Some agent was more 'easy' when some agent was by the book type of person.
However that case doesn't really seem probable to me because those difference in censoring only causes users(devs and people who make donations) to see that the both regulation and the practice of it is very vague which ultimately causes distrust of standards of Patreon site.
I'm not saying I want such thing to happen, but I actually could have understood the Patreon's actions if they blocked all dev's page which includes incest or underage factors. This could have shown that they actually have a solid standard/regulation and they are adamant in practicing it. But since they have shown inconsistency in doing so, I really can't see what this is all about.

Hung Gen

Sep 16, 2017
Pardon my lacking English.
I just finished reading the new post on Patreon and I began to wonder what actually caused these 'censoring' in the first place.
I really couldn't find the consistency in Patreon's censoring since some games mentioned in the post were way more 'obvious' when it comes to depicting incest or underage.
The only logical conclusion which I could come up with, was that someone who informed Patreon regarding incest or underage matters in the first place could have specifically mentioned some game titles, and TP could have been in that list.
Maybe it was like what Dasati mentioned above. Some agent was more 'easy' when some agent was by the book type of person.
However that case doesn't really seem probable to me because those difference in censoring only causes users(devs and people who make donations) to see that the both regulation and the practice of it is very vague which ultimately causes distrust of standards of Patreon site.
I'm not saying I want such thing to happen, but I actually could have understood the Patreon's actions if they blocked all dev's page which includes incest or underage factors. This could have shown that they actually have a solid standard/regulation and they are adamant in practicing it. But since they have shown inconsistency in doing so, I really can't see what this is all about.
I'm pretty sure of who it was. Especially since everything in the guideline is what they broke/bent around. They're also probsbly the highest moneymaker on Patreon. Seeing as I might break current ToS/ToU here, I can pm later who it was and their videos for those interested in knowing.

reaper6689

Oct 24, 2017
Oh I've completely scrubbed my page on any questionable content. You wouldn't even realize it was an adult game it it weren't under that category. I'm just saying it will be a problem if they start looking at actual content instead of just home pages.
ahh turn there own rule against them good idea

reaper6689

Oct 24, 2017
use code is a good idea unless they catch on fast i doubt it i use to do it in vodaphone chat mods wasnt that smart

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017
You should find another site to publish through that supports you as a developer and the content you’re creating. Patreon is really setting a precedent here to later swoop in and hold your funds. They’ll take your money as the intermediary and point to broken rules. I found your game through this site which pops up high in search results when searching for content by name or type.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
You should find another site to publish through that supports you as a developer and the content you’re creating. Patreon is really setting a precedent here to later swoop in and hold your funds. They’ll take your money as the intermediary and point to broken rules. I found your game through this site which pops up high in search results when searching for content by name or type.
As far as I'm aware there aren't really any viable alternatives for projects in development. Publishing is one thing but need that monthly income to live off of.

Madjuls

Sep 19, 2017
Is there a easy solution to the patreon problem like a game link to another site to host the actual game but have patreon only for the monthly income. I hope a solution to your problem is easy and keep up the great work on your game. :)

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Deem said hes looking into making his own site to host the game on. Am i right in thinking the discord for the game is only for patrons? If so then maybe just pm/post on discord with link to the game.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
As far as I'm aware there aren't really any viable alternatives for projects in development. Publishing is one thing but need that monthly income to live off of.
They don't want you linking forbidden content via Patreon, but how are they on linking to Patreon from forbidden content? I mean, you already have a link to Patreon in the game. If you stopped distributing via Patreon, but kept your page, would they be OK with you getting donations for providing apparently no service? Or maybe you could publish like one picture a month or something.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
How about make a text adventure version of Teachers Pets and put that on Patreon

The real game can go somewhere else

But they are both the same game

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes