Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

bvobanagus

Aug 18, 2017
The epic shit-fight going on between the haters and deems supporters is giving me at least some form of entertainment while I wait for this to be uploaded.
People here really get emotional over their faps.

Team Deem ftw!
For real

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
Pretty sure gotta wait for someone to make a mod for it
I reckon it'd be probably pretty easy so probably get one soon enough.
No, software development does not work that way. There's no good way to "mod" incest in other than to dive in the source code (which, from my knowledge isn't public) and code the scenes + render the images. If someone had that much dedication and talent to replicate the quality that this game once had, they would be making their own game and getting their own patreon.

The dev cannot publically support people modding incest and blackmail into the game.He CAN be a sneaky ninja and create another persona of this kind of person. But I don't see why he would given that he's already super swamped / lazy given the lack of release. In a world where the resources for the actual game is already limited, there's no way the dev himself would code/write/render/draw the incest stuff just so you can jerk off to it.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
No, software development does not work that way. There's no good way to "mod" incest in other than to dive in the source code (which, from my knowledge isn't public) and code the scenes + render the images. If someone had that much dedication and talent to replicate the quality that this game once had, they would be making their own game and getting their own patreon.

The dev cannot publically support people modding incest and blackmail into the game.He CAN be a sneaky ninja and create another persona of this kind of person. But I don't see why he would given that he's already super swamped / lazy given the lack of release. In a world where the resources for the actual game is already limited, there's no way the dev himself would code/write/render/draw the incest stuff just so you can jerk off to it.
Well, in this case I'm pretty sure "modding incest in it" means going through dialogue and switching "foreign exchange student" with "daughter". In some lines you may have to do a bit more but that's basically it. None of the graphic content is touched, nothing is removed, nothing is added.

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
Well, in this case I'm pretty sure "modding incest in it" means going through dialogue and switch "foreign exchange student" with "daughter". In some lines you may have to do a bit more but that's basically it. None of the graphic content is touched, nothing is removed, nothing is added.
True enough...but it's 1000's of lines of code to sort through and find to modify and proofread. The dev's that don't have their scripts scrutinized can get away with changing that stuff from hard-coded to variable based which makes incest vs step-family/childhood friends as easy as on/off.
In v1.99995 it looks like Deems chosen the hard way, though I've no idea if he actually had a choice about it. Based on a few Alpha Tester posts I've managed to see so far, he didn't have a choice and it's taken at least 3 people sorting out a different subset of scripts to patch it.

T

TMWSTW

I haven't played since 1.6 so I'm curious, is D still the same character? Or did Deem completely rework her so that she'd work as a FES?

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017

Just popped in to see how things were going here, and saw this nugget. Thought I would address it, and ignore the rest of the drama and stuff.

1st, This is Ren'Py. The "source code" might be in a .rpa file, but it IS easily accessed. In fact, several people that are on this forum (including myself) have opened the code and actively searched for the cause of bugs, telling Deem what i wrong, and how to fix it. So, the statement that the code isn't public isn't technically true.

Not to mention that Deem doesn't HAVE to have an alter ego. There are plenty of talented fans that are more than willing to help. Some of those people being high-level friends of Deem, and trusted to do a kinda concurrent development of the "mod". And there would be no need to render new images. After all, the image doesn't show the relationship status. The only way we know that D is related or FEX is that we are TOLD that. So while it might take some work to change all instances from "this girl living here" to "my daughter", it is by no means as much work as you imply.

Well, I have had my say, so back to trying to find "that game", and I'll be by some other time to see how things are with you guys.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Just popped in to see how things were going here, and saw this nugget. Thought I would address it, and ignore the rest of the drama and stuff.

1st, This is Ren'Py. The "source code" might be in a .rpa file, but it IS easily accessed. In fact, several people that are on this forum (including myself) have opened the code and actively searched for the cause of bugs, telling Deem what i wrong, and how to fix it. So, the statement that the code isn't public isn't technically true.

Not to mention that Deem doesn't HAVE to have an alter ego. There are plenty of talented fans that are more than willing to help. Some of those people being high-level friends of Deem, and trusted to do a kinda concurrent development of the "mod". And there would be no need to render new images. After all, the image doesn't show the relationship status. The only way we know that D is related or FEX is that we are TOLD that. So while it might take some work to change all instances from "this girl living here" to "my daughter", it is by no means as much work as you imply.

Well, I have had my say, so back to trying to find "that game", and I'll be by some other time to see how things are with you guys.
Right on, even though deem cannot endorse the mod. The fans and staff in deem's discord can. I might even make a channel for the mod. But you would have to get access to it :p

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I don't think you got what he was getting at. Mods in this thread tell you to ask for new versions in the game request section and mods in the game request thread say it's useless to make a request for a game this big.

Make up your mind mods!
I'm a moderator and I know the other mods. Here's the deal..
1- Asking for a game?? It's in requests only.
2- Size ain't got nothing to do with this. We've had and filled requests over 10 gigs.. does 30 gigs ring a bell?
3- Nobody said "it's useless to make a request for a game this big" in the Teacher's Pets request thread either. Seems like our minds are firmly in one spot.

As to the Ren'Py incest patch... if irredeemable did a function like "define relationship", then the incest can be patched back in less than a minute. What if he didn't? I'd use Notepad++ and hit CTRL+F to find "foreign exchange student" and sub with "daughter" while checking it. That's like 5-10 minutes, tops? There's also using Ren'Py to import Teacher's Pets and write an Incest.rpa that subs out "FES" for "daughter" and that should not take too long either...

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I mean..I alone have probably uploaded over 10-15 gigs worth of thread updates just within the last day or so alone.

Game Size! *shrugs*

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes