Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
You're nicer than I am thats for sure.

I would definitely have made them wait until it drops to the 10 dollar pledges or something just due to all the bullshit people have started in this thread.
+1
It's disheartening the kind of bullshit that @irredeemable had to endure and how he's been treated here.
When Patreon is fucking up our games, we decide to give a hard time to one of the few who is still fighting just to bring content for us.
Give him a break, for god's sake.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
You're nicer than I am thats for sure.

I would definitely have made them wait until it drops to the 10 dollar pledges or something just due to all the bullshit people have started in this thread.
You'd probably make them shove a steel pipe coated in Carolina Reaper pepper up their asses before you give them anything.

L

Lenor

I broke @Jmolle2 his heart :firstimekiss:

Jmolle probably wants to reward the patient, civil ones instead of punishing the lying, entitled ones.

The pledges on Discord were very understanding of the delays. A big shoutout from us admins and thank you to them from the Pirates may be in it's place. They kept the game going during these weird times.
Woah woah woah, I'll give you entitled but lying? I think you've mistaken us with the dev and the alpha testers.

Reactions: s4msepi0l

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Never understand the idea behind walkthrough in new releases / patches. Where's the fun while playing? ;)
not wasting time on dead ends or useless grinding or criptic triggers

for example, teacher's pet 1.6 had one part where you needed to drop two pills on D drink while watching a movie on the couch, who would have thought of that? And you need to take a shower without putting your pants on to get a HJ from D later in her room. There as things that you just not obvious at all and the walkthrough just helps you to access the content of the game and not waste time

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
for real the guy don't give me any
[exhale]

Welcome to the forum! If you read back over the last few pages, you'll definitely find an answer to your question and probably realize why my initial response was less than kind. But there are no pills in the most recent version because of Patreon's crackdown on mind-control/rape elements. You're not missing anything because they don't exist. Just wait until the next release and the mod that comes with it.

Gellidus

Dec 6, 2017
But i was reading a walktrough because i was stuck and it that you need the pills for some achievements LOL
Old Walkthrough, for an old version of the game. My advice is wait until the new version is released, which shouldn't be to much longer, and forget the older version.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
not wasting time on dead ends or useless grinding or criptic triggers

for example, teacher's pet 1.6 had one part where you needed to drop two pills on D drink while watching a movie on the couch, who would thought of that? And you need to take a shower without putting your pants on to get a HJ from D later on her room. There as things that you just not obvious at all and the walkthrough just helps you to access the content of the game and not waste time
The HJ wasn't obvious, but showering without dressing was a new "option" for that update, so I didn't find that scene particularly challenging to stumble into, but yes, it definitely took some grinding before I did. But oh man, I forgot about the "two pills" incident. That was just mean haha.

Reactions: Raptor11798

teta12341

Jan 26, 2018
[exhale]

Welcome to the forum! If you read back over the last few pages, you'll definitely find an answer to your question and probably realize why my initial response was less than kind. But there are no pills in the most recent version because of Patreon's crackdown on mind-control/rape elements. You're not missing anything because they don't exist. Just wait until the next release and the mod that comes with it.
oh ok thanks

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
The HJ wasn't obvious, but showering without dressing was a new "option" for that update, so I didn't find that scene particularly challenging to stumble into, but yes, it definitely took some grinding before I did. But oh man, I forgot about the "two pills" incident. That was just mean haha.
I've started playing on 1.6, so for me it was there all along :closedeyesmile:

the biggest problem with the movie scene is that it's not repeatable, it's a one time thing. If it was repeatable maybe you would think "yeah, suck all my pills bitch" sometime, but it being only once no one would think that, since there are no hints that overdoses do anything different

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I've started playing on 1.6, so for me it was there all along :closedeyesmile:

the biggest problem with the movie scene is that it's not repeatable, it's a one time thing. If it was repeatable maybe you would think "yeah, suck all my pills bitch" sometime, but it being only once no one would think that, since there are no hints that overdoses do anything different
Exactly. You had one shot at it, and without a walkthrough (or at least help from someone here who figured it out) I would never have solved that one.

This got me thinking that so few games now have real "puzzles" like the classic AIF games did back in the day (you can see from my avatar I'm a fan). It's mostly either decision-based paths, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, or grinding through various locations at various times until you stumble on something randomly or, more likely, stumble on something where you needed to be in possession of something or needed to have made a different choice or series of different choices in that past, which means "cue up the save and start again from there." I miss the old fashioned puzzles like figuring out that giving Gary the video game would mean he'd be too busy to pursue Molly, or finding the tweezers meant you could remove the tissue from the keyhole to spy on Emily.

Anyone out there know some games that employ real puzzles where you're "stuck" until you solve it using your brain rather than "stuck" because you haven't randomly entered someone's room at the right time of the day which only triggers if you made a particular decision earlier?

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes