Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

SadHold

May 25, 2017
So just like Aylias story... another game with potential that is about to get the "on hold" tag.. : /

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
So just like Aylias story... another game with potential that is about to get the "on hold" tag.. : /
As far as I understand games that are known to be on hold will get this tag, if nobody knows anything it's more likely to get the abandoned one.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I wouldn't give up on it just yet, I wouldn't pledge him either, but lets just wait on this and see what might come out of it, if he abandons it, then, so be it, but if he does whenever releases an update, then great for us. We're in no position to criticize the guy, unless of course you've been pledging him from the beginning or so, then, I'd understand, so lets wait it out a little longer, we really have nothing to lose ;)

Reactions: Centurion

kile

Aug 18, 2016
I wouldn't give up on it just yet, I wouldn't pledge him either, but lets just wait on this and see what might come out of it, if he abandons it, then, so be it, but if he does whenever releases an update, then great for us. We're in no position to criticize the guy, unless of course you've been pledging him from the beginning or so, then, I'd understand, so lets wait it out a little longer, we really have nothing to lose ;)
Keep the candle going my friend.
Also thanks for clearing it up for us, now i know that the only way i can criticise scummy ppl is if i supported their patreon from the day 1, i guess thats only fair since u cant talk shit about... lets say Trump if u didnt support his campaign financially since the begining or so. makes sense.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Keep the candle going my friend.
Also thanks for clearing it up for us, now i know that the only way i can criticise scummy ppl is if i supported their patreon from the day 1, i guess thats only fair since u cant talk shit about... lets say Trump if u didnt support his campaign financially since the begining or so. makes sense.
Why, did you?

kile

Aug 18, 2016
if ur asking if i supported him on patreon, i did for 3/4 months... not sure, stopped 1 month into his famous 6 months of "remaking the game"

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
You can and should always criticize people if they take the wrong decisions, that's your freedom of speech, although it seems to be a little different in this thread. If you don't support a dev you can't make any demands or whatever, but your criticism is still as valid as someone who paid something for the game.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Out of 88 posts you've made in this thread, 6 have been removed. The last of which was 3 weeks ago where all you said was literally "This thread is pathetic. watching a funeral procession" in the middle of a flame war.

Due to the sheer amount of cancer in this thread, we are more heavy handed when it comes in moderation to prevent it descending into the shitfest of January/February.

Don't like the game? Fine, I don't either. Don't like the developer? Sure, no problem. However be constructive with your responses and discussion, just meming and starting flame wars will mean your post will probably get removed.
Be constructive, for a dead game and a lame ass dev???? This game died in sept. To allow this thread to continue, only contributes to certain peoples vanity, and not to the game whatsoever. Artificial resuscitation is not working!

Last edited:

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Be constructive, for a dead game and a lame ass dev???? This game died in sept. To allow this thread to continue, only contributes to certain peoples vanity, and not to the game whatsoever. Artificial resuscitation is not working!
"To allow this thread to continue"?! Who do you think we are? We're a piracy site. We're not going to close a thread just because some people dislike the game or the game has been abandoned.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that irredeemable may prove everyone who is shittalking him wrong. If people call someone lazy fuck, because he is fat, he can just go on a diet and start working out. I usually works.

Reactions: Centurion

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I said before, I do not expect irredeemable to be back in a short time, he showed all the signs of a person that overworked himself at the end to just produce something and burnt himself out. Likely he even hurt his own game and the update at the end by doing so. Think saw Jmoille make a remark in this thread, that the updates they tested had more content and were better as the released version.

Unfortunately we will never know the truth of this, since we never saw those versions, but with a serious burnout we are talking about a rest period of at least three months before someone can start building himself up again. Then he will need some serious help from a professional counselor to work on restoring himself and become better at handling his habits that made him susceptible to burnout. One of the biggest is normally to big a sense of responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
but with a serious burnout we are talking about a rest period of at least three months before someone can start building himself up again and then he will need some serious help from a professional counselor to work on restoring himself and become better at handling his habits that made him susceptible to burnout. One of the biggest is normally to big a sense of responsibility.
That's the truth. But one could easly predict that, when he decided to change the entire premise of the game. After he decided to submit to patreon, he should abandon TP and create new concept he would like and go with it. I didn't buy him saying that he wanted to create vanilla romance game with high school teacher as MC since the beggining. That idea is just retarded. And some characters like FES were just nonsense, because dialouge and content were clearly build for incest scenario (Although I would actually prefer FES than incest).
So IMO it's still his, not patreon fault, because of his choices. I don't blame him for burnout tho. You can't force you brain to work on ideas you don't like without consequences.

Reactions: DA22

thedemus

Apr 9, 2017
I don't know if you are aware, but the link to the walkthrough is broken. It is saying the attachment doesn't exist.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
That's the truth. But one could easly predict that, when he decided to change the entire premise of the game. After he decided to submit to patrandeon, he should abandon TP and create new concept he would like and go with it. I didn't buy him saying that he wanted to create vanilla romance game with high school teacher as MC since the beggining. That idea is just retarded. And some characters like FES were just nonsense, because dialouge and content were clearly build for incest scenario (Although I would actually prefer FES than incest).
So IMO it's still his, not patreon fault, because of his choices. I don't blame him for burnout tho. You can't force you brain to work on ideas you don't like without consequences.
What he didn't like was using the pills. I played the Meghan route without the pills in the 1.6 version and IMO nothing was lost. Good story, story development, good graphics, and in the end she was just as obtainable as with the pills. As for re-coding the game, it was done with the assumption that one of the modders would write a patch to restore incest and blackmail. You're entitled to your opinion but I didn't find that retarded.

Reactions: botc76

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
You're entitled to your opinion but I didn't find that retarded.
My objection to the story was little more broader than that. What I consider retarded is not some individual character plot, which maybe better or worse, but permise of the story. Why middle aged, monogamous teacher suddenly decided to become harem king and bang his students? Before he recived a opportunity, which means that the motivation was there already and he only didn't had means to do it. But now, why? It could be consistent if he was humiliated or something and decided to change his life and think schemes how to do something, but reason simply isn't there.
What I mean by retardation is extreme inconsitency in the story itself. Creation process with interesing premise is fun, but when you can't see a logic and bigger picture it's just become painful work. Creator should think forward to make already existing characters more interesting and fun, and not backwards with purpose of fitting them with the diffrent story.
Which seems probable, seeing like he introduced "Dotty" character and try to introduce another character. Working on characters that go too far from their orginal concept requires someone with mineworker personality, which is very rare within creative people.

Reactions: User_166761

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
I don't know if you are aware, but the link to the walkthrough is broken. It is saying the attachment doesn't exist.
The one linked to on post #1 works fine, though it's hard to read and one of the lower quality walkthrough's I've seen.
I cleaned it up some, though I wouldn't call it "high quality" like some of the guys/gals on here make:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You can and should always criticize people if they take the wrong decisions, that's your freedom of speech, although it seems to be a little different in this thread. If you don't support a dev you can't make any demands or whatever, but your criticism is still as valid as someone who paid something for the game.
There's a difference between constructive criticism and just flaming and insulting somebody.
I should know, I've done both. ;)

What irks me is that in this case it definitely had an influence on the game and the dev, as fe. there had been a plan to restore the missing content via patch and then after a flame war Irredeemable and a lot of those close to him (who were supposedly those working on the patch) left and haven't returned so far.

I'm glad for the patch we got, but what was initially planned would have been more like the 2 versions of Parental Love that exist.

It was very clear how stressed and beat-down the dev already felt and IMO what the flaming here did drove him even further into it.
Might seem ridiculous, but as someone with his own experiences with burn-out and depression I know how even a few snide remarks on a message board can hurt.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Not ridiculous at all. Public shaming is one of the harshest forms of bullying. It happens all the time now that the internet has taken over the world.

Success is the only measure of defense against this and it is not impervious armor. A Stephen King or Steven Spielberg receive legions of accolades, but don't doubt that some criticisms still bite at their creative souls.

Dropping that down to the level of small game designers and the personal engagement (and thus impact) is magnified. There is no armor yet, so all their sweat and blood is on their sleeves. They are exalted by praise and oftentimes devastated by criticism.

In most case, both drive a creator to work even harder, striving to eliminate the negative and increase the positive.

Slavish love is no more helpful than spiteful venality, the creator is mostly driven by his own impulses to create. Rarely, when you see a creation of merit (as TP certainly is) does the dev pour that much effort in "merely" for money.

It's too easy to apply personal biases and judgments on people we've never met. Of course, he's a milker. Of course, he's lazy. I would know, of course, because I know him so well.

Balderdash. It's sloppy reasoning and displaced (and misplaced) anger. "I didn't get my game on time, so I'll trash the guy." Please. Stop the pledge and move on. One game has such an impact on your life you can't handle it?

I don't know the dev. I don't know any of you, either. But, geez, in some of these threads, the sense of entitlement and judgmental attitudes is absurd. It's a computer game. Have some darn perspective! Even if he gave up, what possible gain comes from continuous character assassination?

Ugh. I told myself I was not going to go on one of these rants. I failed. I should post some criticisms of myself.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes