Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Honestly.. I kinda envy him.. Personally, I wouldnt be able to accept peoples money for as long as he have without saying anything. I might be able to for a month or two as I keep lying to myself about how I am going to do all sorts of things, preparing plans etc, but never actually moving on with the plans.

But after that, I'd tell my patreons I simply didnt have the drive anymore and say that I might return to the project when I have the drive once more.

Hell, I might even be a big enough asshole as to keep donations open. Wouldnt be my fault if people kept sending me money when I've made it clear the game is on hold for the foreseeable future.

However, he seems fine with stringing people along, giving desperate people hope that he might continue or that hes still working on the game, hell. I've been there, I've so desperately wanted a new good Fable game that I would support Peter Moleneux if he made a kickstarter for it xD even if I knew it wouldnt live up to all his promises.

Reactions: Daijuna

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
any idea why it was abandoned i remember incest being taken out and having to replay the whole game alot was frustrating and i havent played the game since incest was taken out but im curious if that was the main cause of it being abandoned
I've not heard an official reason from Deem. In fact, I haven't had any contact with Deem since around December of last year. Not that we talked much before then (just a handful of times on Discord).

IMHO I think it simply boils down to a case of developer burnout, although there are a number of other factors in play here too. Not going to comment on promises made, etc. and who knows, maybe Deem will pick this back up at some point in the future. Personally, I'm in the mindset of not expecting anything new from Deem at this point (that way I won't be disappointed), so I guess we'll see...

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I've not heard an official reason from Deem. In fact, I haven't had any contact with Deem since around December of last year. Not that we talked much before then (just a handful of times on Discord).

IMHO I think it simply boils down to a case of developer burnout, although there are a number of other factors in play here too. Not going to comment on promises made, etc. and who knows, maybe Deem will pick this back up at some point in the future. Personally, I'm in the mindset of not expecting anything new from Deem at this point (that way I won't be disappointed), so I guess we'll see...
i mean i was just curious on it since well ive havent played in so long and there has been so many good games that came out since then well thanks for the heads up :D

Reactions: OhWee

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
any idea why it was abandoned i remember incest being taken out and having to replay the whole game alot was frustrating and i havent played the game since incest was taken out but im curious if that was the main cause of it being abandoned
I'd say he was too lazy to actually work on the whole stuff that needed to be removed to appease patreon and instead just strg+x'ed out the parts or something, it seemed like a really sloppy job and if you believe other people the code was rather sloppy to begin with. After that it was problaly something like "Fuck it, people were so mean to me, so I'll just milk them until the last one stops the pledge" or something similar.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, I'm working on something that relates to Meghan's backstory...

Specifically, her dad. We don't know much about him, but I picture him in my head as a blue collar type (since he isn't big on college), and an unimpressive male at that. As Meghan is rather meek at times, I figure that's a result of her dad being divorced/left by the wife and 'stuck' with Meghan while she was still young - i.e. no joint custody, or mom could be dead too. He tends to telegraph his own inadequacies into his dealings with Meghan, hence messing with her self-confidence. Yet, he's not a bad guy at heart, and women think he's 'nice'. Not dating/marrying material, but just nice...

Anyways, here's what I came up with:

Meg_Dad1.jpg

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017

Specifically, her dad. We don't know much about him, but I picture him in my head as a blue collar type (since he isn't big on college), and an unimpressive male at that. As Meghan is rather meek at times, I figure that's a result of her dad being divorced/left by the wife and 'stuck' with Meghan while she was still young - i.e. no joint custody, or mom could be dead too. He tends to telegraph his own inadequacies into his dealings with Meghan, hence messing with her self-confidence. Yet, he's not a bad guy at heart, and women think he's 'nice'. Not dating/marrying material, but just nice...

View attachment 128812
I'm guessing he's a construction-worker? Could you make the clothes and boots a bit grungier to fit the career?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In my mind, he might be a factory worker, construction worker, landscaper, warehouse worker, yeah nothing specific in mind.

And I'm also thinking low-mid income. Possibly trailer park, or at least the run down part of town...

Not a lot of male clothes options with Daz, but yeah there's things I can do to add stains and such to the clothing when the time comes (thinking more along the lines of beer stains). Right now, I'm just soliciting the face and body mainly.

Reactions: Goatface

Meghan's Dad

Oct 10, 2017
Re: OhWee #9539
No need to imagine what I look like....just look at my avatar!

I haven't played TP for a while (as there is nothing to play) but I think (the real) Meghan's dad's backstory was mentioned a few times, especially in the scenes where she is trying to get MC's help filling in her college application and planning the college visit. The main thing I remember is that he is an ex-military man - it's his US Army jacket that she always used to wear.

Reactions: Centurion and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Re: OhWee #9539
No need to imagine what I look like....just look at my avatar!

I haven't played TP for a while (as there is nothing to play) but I think (the real) Meghan's dad's backstory was mentioned a few times, especially in the scenes where she is trying to get MC's help filling in her college application and planning the college visit. The main thing I remember is that he is an ex-military man - it's his US Army jacket that she always used to wear.
While Fez's are cool, I don't picture Meghan's dad wearing one of those...

Not unless he does some time travelling in his spare time! :biggrin: That could be an interesting backstory...

Thanks for the mention/reminder about the army jacket. It doesn't change how I see him currently in my mind, as a variety of body types enlist, and this is more of a 'and now he's middle aged, and trying to earn a steady income to keep a roof over their head' situation. That'll help me with any dialogue I may need.

It's mainly going to be a 'reference/flashback' type of thing anyways, not focusing on him specifically...

Reactions: Meghan's Dad

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017

The problem with burnout is that you get over it or you don't. You don't keep returning to the only place that still believes you with new excuses every couple of months (And esp. not with the convenient timing of 'when your money is running out'). Why are people still giving this guy the benefit of the doubt? He lied to his own mods!

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017

View attachment 128812
Well, that's not a very manly pose, so I could see how Meghan could grow up confused. :)

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
trying to earn a steady income to keep a roof over their head' situation. That'll help me with any dialogue I may need.
You might also refer to the date night, where the wine route ends with the dad hammering on your door because she didn't call him not to come pick her up.

Joshua k. White

Jan 20, 2018
I saw a Tag on this game on page one up at the top that says abandoned can anyone confirm for me if this game is still getting regular updates? im seeing new posts.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
I saw a Tag on this game on page one up at the top that says abandoned can anyone confirm for me if this game is still getting regular updates? im seeing new posts.
The dev says he's working on it and is going to finish the game but it remains to be seen whether that actually happens.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Expect a 99% chance to be it just another lie as most of the time. Not COMPLETELY out of the question, but VERY, VERY unlikely.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
Expect a 99% chance to be it just another lie as most of the time. Not COMPLETELY out of the question, but VERY, VERY unlikely.
couldn't agree more. since his "return" not even a single render has been put up. says he doesn't want more money from patreon. hasn't stopped his funding nor even addressed his patreons on the site itself. last message on discord was almost two weeks ago. doesn't seem to be working on it even if he says he's doing it at his own pace.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes