Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
so per deem's patreon, next update should be a major story arc around Meghan. so maybe within the next 2 weeks? (if this weekend that would be even better) either way something good to look forward to!
I cant say how much is being added but its a good story addition.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Yeah, how risky do you want to be with MC's life, right?
it could present very interesting opportunities to push the envelope and result in hilarious game over for MC.

i.e. you are in Meghan's room, another pill in her drink or wherever, fondling her bare tits when her ex special forces dad comes in and catches you doing that. insta game over or the game continues but she is sent away to catholic school or something.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
it could present very interesting opportunities to push the envelope and result in hilarious game over for MC.

i.e. you are in Meghan's room, another pill in her drink or wherever, fondling her bare tits when her ex special forces dad comes in and catches you doing that. insta game over or the game continues but she is sent away to catholic school or something.
She's sent away to Catholic school and you go to jail after you get out of the hospital!

Reactions: atlas114

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
I know it is early days, but this reminds me a lot of a Lesson of Passion time-management game. Only with the romantic interests being switched out with family and students. Gameplay is raising various stats so you can do stuff with the npcs. Considering this I am not really impressed with the quality yet. As even the bad LoP games have more depth.

Reactions: Arcane666

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Well not quite. I just had a scene where I saw the daughter in the bathroom after the movie night (if done properly, with high enough control) and I got the achievement but I wasn't happy with the outcome and clicked Back a few times and chose a different option so that scene never happened. I chose a different path, got a different outcome but the achievement was still recorded even tho it technically never happened in the storyline.
Achievement system isn't meant to track your progress in a particular game, it's meant to make sure that you don't miss anything important overall. It's shared among saves for that reason. Think of it like the achievement system on Steam, not liking checking off a completed quest. I had initially planned to implement a "quest"-type system as well(some of the code is still in the game) but felt it wasn't necessary as most of the triggers for events are self-explanatory and I wasn't sure the time coding it would be worthwhile.

C

Cdula

it's a lenovo tab tablet- has google but not sure about windows - just got it the other night

Gagi114

Jun 24, 2017
Achievement system isn't meant to track your progress in a particular game, it's meant to make sure that you don't miss anything important overall. It's shared among saves for that reason. Think of it like the achievement system on Steam, not liking checking off a completed quest. I had initially planned to implement a "quest"-type system as well(some of the code is still in the game) but felt it wasn't necessary as most of the triggers for events are self-explanatory and I wasn't sure the time coding it would be worthwhile.
Oh okay, gotcha! That actually makes a lot more sense :D

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

it's a lenovo tab tablet- has google but not sure about windows - just got it the other night
Just did a google search. It looks like you may be running Android. Not sure if Irredeemable has released an Android version or not... I'm seeing a Linux version but not an Android version in the OP.

There is a widget which will package RenPy games for Android, so hopefully Irredeemable will consider doing an Android release for ya, if this hasn't been done already!

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Just did a google search. It looks like you may be running Android. Not sure if Irredeemable has released an Android version or not... I'm seeing a Linux version but not an Android version in the OP.

There is a widget which will package RenPy games for Android, so hopefully Irredeemable will consider doing an Android release for ya, if this hasn't been done already!
While possible to package Ren'Py games for Android, it's hardly worth it outside of very simple VNs. That's why you don't see other people doing it. Then you're stuck trying to troubleshoot dozens of different systems why, who knows, maybe Ren'Py just doesn't play well will that particular device.

I'd also most likely have to redesign most of the interface. Most importantly in my case, though, is the fact that different devices and different versions of Android handle movies(all of my animations are webms) in Ren'Py very differently--and my understanding is none of the them handle them very well. So, yeh, don't expect an official Android release any time soon.

But, hey, the files are out there for anyone to unpack. If someone wants to give it a shot be my guest. :)

Last edited:
C

Cdula

Thanks anyway - continued success with game
While possible to package Ren'Py games for Android, it's hardly worth it outside of very simple VNs. That's why you don't see other people doing it. Then you're stuck trying to troubleshoot dozens of different systems why, who knows, maybe Ren'Py just doesn't play well will that particular device.

I'd also most likely have to redesign most of the interface. Most importantly in my case, though, is the fact that different devices and different versions of Android handle movies in Ren'Py very differently--and my understanding is none of the them handle them very well. So, yeh, don't expect an official Android release any time soon.

But, hey, the files are out there for anyone to unpack. If someone wants to give it a shot be my guest. :)

Reactions: irredeemable
May 31, 2017
Thanks anyway - continued success with game
I've seen a few solutions around before that might work for you. I really stress the word might. Personally, I don't really want to take the time to try unless I get gifted an android based tablet.

May 31, 2017
1. I looked it up and the sound thing appears to be a Ren'Py bug. I'll get a work around for it into the next update. In the mean time apparently you can work around it by setting the volume to 0 manually instead of using the mute button.

2. Thanks, will fix.

3. I actually realized this before release and decided to leave it in for shits and giggles. Anne romance points aren't worth much at the moment. If, in the future, they become a valuable commodity I may cap your gains here.
Should just run a check on the variable values compared to save-progress and automatically reduce their number. That'd fuck with so many people. :)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, I don't own an android tablet (my 2 in 1 windows laptop does have a tablet mode though), so it'd do no good for me to attempt to package this game for Android. I'd have no way to test it even if I wanted to.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes