3.80 star(s) 21 Votes

Albaduldür

Aug 8, 2020
Hi everyone! Dev here!! I actually didn't expect someone sharing my VN here, nor did I expect to have such a positive response in general. I'm glad many people liked the game! I'm also aware some people didn't like it (I guess you just can't please everyone). Since this is my first VN I know I made many mistakes, but your critics (even the harsher ones) will help me improve in the future. Now to answer some questions (I hope this won't get too extensive).

About the size of the game: This was my mistake. Since this is a short VN I didn't think I'd need so many CG. I figure I made it HD to compensate for the length of the story...I was naive. I'll fix it in a future update, shrinking the images, while still trying to conserve a decent quality...which brings me to my next point:

About the heroine's POV: I don't want to explain why I didn't do a heroine POV because I don't want to extend this post too much, but I get now that it wasn't a wise choice. So I'll update the game with Kanon's POV in the future. But that will be after I finish my next project (I'm already started working on it)...and talking about my next project:

About my next project: It'll feature a very different couple, in a different scenario, touching a different sub-genre of the NTR vast genre. So, I'm sorry to say that my next project won't be mystery NTR, but I promise you I'll try my best to make it as good as this one (or maybe even better). The reason for this it's because I want to experiment with various things since I'm still a beginner. I want to find out what I'm good at and what I feel more comfortable doing. But don't worry, I'll definitely make more Mystery NTR in the future...For instance, I want to continue with Kanon's story...And right now you might be wondering: Why not continuing the story right away?!

About the continuation of this game: I want to continue of course, but right now that's impossible for me. Let me tell you a little anecdote: Remember the "restaurant/cafe scene"?...Hiro mentioned that the lighting was bad in that place. Well, that's because it was! Maybe it was because the map was heavy, but when I added the lighting my computer became a snail! I had to work with the minimum possible number of lights. I had to disable the map or Kanon every time I had to make any little modification (enabling, disabling, enabling, disabling, make the take, repeat as needed). As a result, making that scene took waaaaay longer than I expected. In the end, I took advantage of the poor lighting to justify why Hiro didn't notice the evidence in Kanon's check that easily, but it was still a pain to work on that scene, and it was just a map, items, lighting, and Kanon.

As some people have realized, there will be at least four characters in the next game of the series: Kanon, Hiro, Yukihiro, and Sachiko. As a result, I'll need to create a few scenes with at least FOUR characters on them...My computer might just explode!!! So to make a continuation I need a faster more powerful computer...So:

About support: Well, yes I need it! At least if I want to continue the series as I have envisioned it. Buying a new computer will also mean I can make things faster, better, and longer. So I'm thinking of starting a Patreon. Also, if enough people support me, maybe I could make this my full-time job...which also means better, faster, longer releases...But I might be getting ahead of myself. Even if I don't get enough support to buy a new machine, I still continue making VN, but my creativity will be limited to the machine capabilities...However, you may be wondering right now:

"Wait! Wait Wait Wait Wait!!! Does that mean You'll be making VN only for your patreons from now on?!!"
No!! If possible I'd like my games to continue to be free for everyone to play. But I'm also aware that might not be fair for my patreons. So maybe I'll give them early access to the games and released them publicly on a later date...or maybe give some exclusive content... That way I can reward my patreons for their support while still releasing all my games for free. I still have to think about how to do it though (I'm new to all this after all). But I definitely need support and I definitely want my VN to continue to be free for everyone to play them because I know very well how it sucks when stuff is behind a paywall...(and because I know they will probably get pirated anyway :p).

Well, this was way longer than I expected...(maybe even longer than my game LOL...Ok...silly joke, I know...). I want to finish this post by thanking you all for playing my game and all your comments. This really encourages me to make more games, so look forward to them!!
Hey Man, you're awesome for making such a nice game!

But I'm having problems running it on Linux, if you could fix it that would be great.
This game looks so promising and I'd like to give it a try.
In particular, wine fails to launch it because it can't open the PNG files, in fact when I try to open these images manually it says they're not Png image files. :(

Arkade

May 23, 2017
Hi everyone! Dev here!! I actually didn't expect someone sharing my VN here, nor did I expect to have such a positive response in general. I'm glad many people liked the game! I'm also aware some people didn't like it (I guess you just can't please everyone). Since this is my first VN I know I made many mistakes, but your critics (even the harsher ones) will help me improve in the future. Now to answer some questions (I hope this won't get too extensive).

About the size of the game: This was my mistake. Since this is a short VN I didn't think I'd need so many CG. I figure I made it HD to compensate for the length of the story...I was naive. I'll fix it in a future update, shrinking the images, while still trying to conserve a decent quality...which brings me to my next point:

About the heroine's POV: I don't want to explain why I didn't do a heroine POV because I don't want to extend this post too much, but I get now that it wasn't a wise choice. So I'll update the game with Kanon's POV in the future. But that will be after I finish my next project (I'm already started working on it)...and talking about my next project:

About my next project: It'll feature a very different couple, in a different scenario, touching a different sub-genre of the NTR vast genre. So, I'm sorry to say that my next project won't be mystery NTR, but I promise you I'll try my best to make it as good as this one (or maybe even better). The reason for this it's because I want to experiment with various things since I'm still a beginner. I want to find out what I'm good at and what I feel more comfortable doing. But don't worry, I'll definitely make more Mystery NTR in the future...For instance, I want to continue with Kanon's story...And right now you might be wondering: Why not continuing the story right away?!

About the continuation of this game: I want to continue of course, but right now that's impossible for me. Let me tell you a little anecdote: Remember the "restaurant/cafe scene"?...Hiro mentioned that the lighting was bad in that place. Well, that's because it was! Maybe it was because the map was heavy, but when I added the lighting my computer became a snail! I had to work with the minimum possible number of lights. I had to disable the map or Kanon every time I had to make any little modification (enabling, disabling, enabling, disabling, make the take, repeat as needed). As a result, making that scene took waaaaay longer than I expected. In the end, I took advantage of the poor lighting to justify why Hiro didn't notice the evidence in Kanon's check that easily, but it was still a pain to work on that scene, and it was just a map, items, lighting, and Kanon.

As some people have realized, there will be at least four characters in the next game of the series: Kanon, Hiro, Yukihiro, and Sachiko. As a result, I'll need to create a few scenes with at least FOUR characters on them...My computer might just explode!!! So to make a continuation I need a faster more powerful computer...So:

About support: Well, yes I need it! At least if I want to continue the series as I have envisioned it. Buying a new computer will also mean I can make things faster, better, and longer. So I'm thinking of starting a Patreon. Also, if enough people support me, maybe I could make this my full-time job...which also means better, faster, longer releases...But I might be getting ahead of myself. Even if I don't get enough support to buy a new machine, I still continue making VN, but my creativity will be limited to the machine capabilities...However, you may be wondering right now:

"Wait! Wait Wait Wait Wait!!! Does that mean You'll be making VN only for your patreons from now on?!!"
No!! If possible I'd like my games to continue to be free for everyone to play. But I'm also aware that might not be fair for my patreons. So maybe I'll give them early access to the games and released them publicly on a later date...or maybe give some exclusive content... That way I can reward my patreons for their support while still releasing all my games for free. I still have to think about how to do it though (I'm new to all this after all). But I definitely need support and I definitely want my VN to continue to be free for everyone to play them because I know very well how it sucks when stuff is behind a paywall...(and because I know they will probably get pirated anyway :p).

Well, this was way longer than I expected...(maybe even longer than my game LOL...Ok...silly joke, I know...). I want to finish this post by thanking you all for playing my game and all your comments. This really encourages me to make more games, so look forward to them!!
Just want to say- I wouldn't even begin to bother trying to please as many people as possible. You should work on the niche you feel you can excel at- or the niche you want to experiment with in order to improve. You can't be sure how well you handle the genre until you try it yourself. And if you only listen to what you perceive as the masses here- you'll likely fall into making things more generic than you should. Finding a dev that feels unique is rare.. And them staying unique and not just conforming to what gives them the most likes on a certain website is rarer still. I really enjoyed Kanon- and it seems many people don't understand why the scenes were made discreet- or not shown.. They don't understand the appeal of the mystery perspective(many even asked what it meant...)- But being a rare and usually poorly done perspective in English VNs and you pulling it off so well make you a pretty special case for those of us that really appreciate that type.. So I will hold out hope that you don't go the way of mainstream/less drama and teasing and more predictable and cliche'd NTR types.

Basically- if you have an idea... use it. Don't throw it away because you think it might not please someone. And don't change ideas within a game scene because you think they might not be popular. First and foremost- do what you set out to do. Your ideas matter more than everyone elses. Take the critique- but only listen to how to improve what you have created- not the critiques that say you should change it completely. Thanks for hard work you put into Kanon.. I hope to see more of this perspective in the future.

aftershock

Jun 13, 2017
This renpy project is unplayable on Linux in either native mode or wine.

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Serial number of failed request:  167
  Current serial number in output stream:  167
There is a 2160x2160 image in game/gui/Icon.png. Replace it with anything smaller and it will work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Albaduldür

Albaduldür

Aug 8, 2020
There is a 2160x2160 image in game/gui/Icon.png. Replace it with anything smaller and it will work.
Ok, I'll try. If it's gonna work I'm gonna call the avengers for a new hero to be added in their team ;)

OH MY GOD IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!
It was days that I was waiting for a fix and now you finally fixed it!
How did you know that png was the issue?
You're awesome man, really! How did you even do that?!

You're absolutely a HERO, I don't know how to express my gratitude,
You are a Bro, and this community needs Bros Like you

YOU ARE A HERO
Thanks BROTHER! (y):giggle:

Albaduldür

Aug 8, 2020
This renpy project is unplayable on Linux in either native mode or wine.

Code:
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Serial number of failed request:  167
  Current serial number in output stream:  167
While I have encountered this crash to desktop before due to a "bad" renpy sdk in use, this isn't the case here. The dev used a 7.3.5 version of renpy here which I also happen to have. I created a new empty renpy project and pasted the contents of the game folder without the "gui" subfolder into it. I did this because the ctd happens before a splash screen is ever displayed for the game. The launched project got as far as the warning splash screen and then tried to find the Main.png which hadn't gotten copied over. I pasted that into the gui and it then tried to find files from within the button subfolder. At that point I tried pasted alll of gui back in and things went back to crashing right from the getgo.

In previous projects that have this problem I found zero length image files in gui. This time, it would not be that case, but there's one or more malformed png files lurking around in these assets.
This guy fixed it Man,
We're Free, We're finally freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
So Renpy doesn't have code to check and scale down any image assets that are bigger than the window's viewport size. That's specified at project creation, and you are only given the option to go up to something like 1920x1200 if I remember correctly. Whatever tool the author used to generate that Icon.png file (HS Studio?) was set up to do 4k resolution by default.

You'd think that xlib would give us something better for an error message like viewport coordinates too big for viewport size, but that X11 code is probably older than most of the people on this forum...

OH MY GOD IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!
It was days that I was waiting for a fix and now you finally fixed it!
How did you know that png was the issue?
You're awesome man, really! How did you even do that?!

You're absolutely a HERO, I don't know how to express my gratitude,
You are a Bro, and this community needs Bros Like you

YOU ARE A HERO
Thanks BROTHER! (y):giggle:

Albaduldür

Aug 8, 2020

Ok, I finally played your game and........
it is AWESOME!!!!
I mean it for real, You are delivering really good quality here on F95.
For that reason I'm gonna rate this thread with 5 stars, trusting yourself for the next updates (the game now is incomplete, so it's still not the time for a review, and to be honest if it was it would not be 5 stars, but maybe 3-4. Anyway, I'm trusting yourself because this is so PROMISING!, and for once I wanna trust a person, so I'll give this 5 stars)

As I already said, this is PROMISING, the most PROMISING game I've seen in a long time!
Really a good breath of fresh air, something really new and HOT!

Keep Going, You are on the path of becoming a legend of this website if you keep delivering the same quality each and every update. Do not ever surrender to any obstacle, You are close in delivering one of the best games here.

One thing to say, You should be more careful about Linux players, I've had issues running the game but fortunately somebody here fixed it (you can find the conversation in this and the previous page). The issue was not obvious, so I had to wait for a while before playing this beautiful game.

This game is AWESOME!
You are close to be a legend,
And I'm saying that because I am putting all my trust in your project.
Keep up the good work, I'm gonna rate this 5 stars.

Please do not abandon this project, I wanna see more from kanon, especially the trip that was hinted at the end of the game.
By friend.

Last edited:

NotSlimShady

May 2, 2018
Escalates too fast for me. Would much prefer if it kept the mystery aspect going for a bit longer, the scenes in cafe/cinema are the best.
Then you hit toilets and it's just an insane 400% jump, every character instantly becomes a bit of a caricature. Post toilet scene is just ridiculous.
Otherwise I've greatly enjoyed it.
Enough to make the first post in two years apparently.

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Could not open C:\User\Drago\Downloads\Teaser~Date~Kanon!\TeaserDate- 1.0-pc\TeaserDate.py
Anyone else getting this particular message or am I just special?
I've tried replacing the icon with a smaller picture or no picture at all but I keep getting the same message. Can anyone re-upload the game with the fix for this please? After reading the reviews i would really like to play it for myself if possible. :cry:

Last edited:

Fullbluff Studio

Oct 27, 2019
Sorry for my late response. This time of the year is really busy! Plus I had to deal with all the Patreon and Pixiv management... Yes!! Now I have a Patreon!! As many people suggested I made one! (I finished it today). So if you can afford it, please support me and help me develop the next chapters of Teaser~Kanon! Along with other Visual Novels I want to develop!

My Patreon:

are you going to make the next girl be mean spirited towards the mc like mocking him and comparing him to the other man?
I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't affirm or deny anything... I don't want to give you misleading expectations either... but you might be into something there... Maybe not exactly what you're expecting but you're not that mistaken either... That's the only clue I'll give about my next heroine for now...

I loved your game, and Kanon is a rare kind of girl in the NTR genre and I instantly loved her when I realized she was the one pulling the strings. I hope your next project will be a success and I hope to see more Kanon in the future.
Thank you!! I love Kanon too!! She's the first heroine I created, so she'll always have a special place in my heart... But if you love Kanon now, wait and see...If I can develop the whole story as I envisioned it, I'm sure you'll love her even more in the future ;)

Just want to say- I wouldn't even begin to bother trying to please as many people as possible. You should work on the niche you feel you can excel at- or the niche you want to experiment with in order to improve. You can't be sure how well you handle the genre until you try it yourself. And if you only listen to what you perceive as the masses here- you'll likely fall into making things more generic than you should. Finding a dev that feels unique is rare.. And them staying unique and not just conforming to what gives them the most likes on a certain website is rarer still. I really enjoyed Kanon- and it seems many people don't understand why the scenes were made discreet- or not shown.. They don't understand the appeal of the mystery perspective(many even asked what it meant...)- But being a rare and usually poorly done perspective in English VNs and you pulling it off so well make you a pretty special case for those of us that really appreciate that type.. So I will hold out hope that you don't go the way of mainstream/less drama and teasing and more predictable and cliche'd NTR types.

Basically- if you have an idea... use it. Don't throw it away because you think it might not please someone. And don't change ideas within a game scene because you think they might not be popular. First and foremost- do what you set out to do. Your ideas matter more than everyone elses. Take the critique- but only listen to how to improve what you have created- not the critiques that say you should change it completely. Thanks for hard work you put into Kanon.. I hope to see more of this perspective in the future.
Thanks for your words, and don't worry, I understand what you say. And I think you're right. Let me tell you a little anecdote. I actually was on the verge of throwing away the project about three times while I was developing it. I was thinking exactly what you said: "Maybe people won't appreciate it, maybe I should do something more mainstream". But there was this little voice in the back of my mind saying to me: "The story is good! Keep going!". Now I'm really glad I didn't throw away my idea.

Ok, I finally played your game and........
it is AWESOME!!!!
I mean it for real, You are delivering really good quality here on F95.
For that reason I'm gonna rate this thread with 5 stars, trusting yourself for the next updates (the game now is incomplete, so it's still not the time for a review, and to be honest if it was it would not be 5 stars, but maybe 3-4. Anyway, I'm trusting yourself because this is so PROMISING!, and for once I wanna trust a person, so I'll give this 5 stars)

As I already said, this is PROMISING, the most PROMISING game I've seen in a long time!
Really a good breath of fresh air, something really new and HOT!

Keep Going, You are on the path of becoming a legend of this website if you keep delivering the same quality each and every update. Do not ever surrender to any obstacle, You are close in delivering one of the best games here.

One thing to say, You should be more careful about Linux players, I've had issues running the game but fortunately somebody here fixed it (you can find the conversation in this and the previous page). The issue was not obvious, so I had to wait for a while before playing this beautiful game.

This game is AWESOME!
You are close to be a legend,
And I'm saying that because I am putting all my trust in your project.
Keep up the good work, I'm gonna rate this 5 stars.

Please do not abandon this project, I wanna see more from kanon, especially the trip that was hinted at the end of the game.
By friend.
Thank you very much!! I'm really glad you enjoyed my VN.

I'm sorry about the Linux problem, that was my mistake. I'm still a beginner so I'm aware I made a lot of mistakes. However, I'm pretty sure I resized that icon image... Weird... Maybe I copied the original file by mistake in the game files... I'll be more careful in the future.

Could not open C:\User\Drago\Downloads\Teaser~Date~Kanon!\TeaserDate- 1.0-pc\TeaserDate.py
Anyone else getting this particular message or am I just special?
I've tried replacing the icon with a smaller picture or no picture at all but I keep getting the same message. Can anyone re-upload the game with the fix for this please? After reading the reviews i would really like to play it for myself if possible. :cry:
Maybe it has to do with the long route. Sometimes Windows doesn't like that. Try to put it in something like C:\Games\Kanon\ and see if it works.

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Finally got to play the game and i agree this is definately not your standard NTR, The begining was so sweet that i almost regretted that it was and NTR game...almost, although halfway through i was banging my head on my desk at the protags usual NTR obliviousness to whats going on around him when i finally got hit with the ending and we got to see Kanon's true form. This girl is a special type of evil and thats what makes her so amazing! :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Albaduldür

GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020
First look at the new main girl from Fullbluf's next game, Ryouko. We also got a title: Voyeur~One-way Mirror~Ryouko!
Here's a link to the his pixiv post where he revelead it - 87042052_p0.png

allenwalker7

Mar 10, 2019
dude very good game for your first try,although its short the dialogue makes between the MCs makes you feel the ntr(which is the true essence of ntr)keep going and congratulations

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes