Anarchistic

Apr 30, 2018
I was confused about the empty spaces as well. Maybe the dev just formatted the recollection room poorly? It's hard to tell really if there are missing any scenes.

Also, Medea has an "Evil Eye" move mentioned in her possible grabs/scenes, but none of her scenes use this I think? Am i missing something or was this cut?

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
I was confused about the empty spaces as well. Maybe the dev just formatted the recollection room poorly? It's hard to tell really if there are missing any scenes.

Also, Medea has an "Evil Eye" move mentioned in her possible grabs/scenes, but none of her scenes use this I think? Am i missing something or was this cut?
For the Empty spaces, it's more of the choice of arranging the Events on the Map, as the Dev had them at fixed distances, on individual rows for the Town Scenes / Fight Scenes of each character, with the "Trap" scenes being left at the very end (for the Fight rows). However, those all are the actual Scenes, that's the full gallery, you can even check within the Editor to see that no other Events are in those spots.

As for the "Evil Eye", that comes into play, from what I gathered, only if you are on the Corruption Route of the game (have gotten all of Pirika's Town Scenes in Ch1), and on that Route, if you got all the Nun town scenes. As I know, the "Evil Eye" thing generally makes it so that Medea's Holds are unavoidable. As for bonus H content, besides the ones unique to the specific Routes, there shouldn't be much else. Either way, the Recollection Room has all of them, no matter what Route you completed the game on.

JarredKiller

Jun 7, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I didn't do the corruption route yet, but I think your problem might have been that you need to have the buff you get immediately after absorbing an element active to damage her. I think it's only up for one turn, so when you absorb the element you want to attack immediately.
If that happened to me... I probably activated my cheat mode XD

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Checks latest Rating of this thread
<insert "Another one Bites the Dust" song>

duncanwadams, this did happen with another commenter but, as an idea, do try to ask about the info within the comments first before rate-bombing the thread. Your case, for example, has easy solutions.
The game actually specifies, within its story progression, that Succubi have strong physical protection (it's around the beginning part, when the game also explains the plot for your own powers etc.).
Further, the way you overcome this is by using the game's unique mechanic, the absorption of elemental attacks via your Birthstones (this is the main mechanic of the game). When you absorb the corresponding elemental attack (if your current Birthstone is capable of absorbing the current elemental attack), you'll get a 1-turn buff that allows you to actually deal elemental damage with any of your other attacks, thus being able to damage the Succubi.

Honestly, the gameplay is not really that bad, although it's clearly not as focused on the rpg grind mechanics (as you can easily level up by doing the dungeons a couple of times, and grind for best gear fairly efficiently too), as its focus lays more on its unique mechanics and plot routes.
I still liked the gameplay quite a lot, even as a game of a smaller size. The Scenes are pretty hot, too, so that also helps.

Reactions: sportsfan30

duncanwadams

Sep 9, 2017
Checks latest Rating of this thread
<insert "Another one Bites the Dust" song>

duncanwadams, this did happen with another commenter but, as an idea, do try to ask about the info within the comments first before rate-bombing the thread. Your case, for example, has easy solutions.
The game actually specifies, within its story progression, that Succubi have strong physical protection (it's around the beginning part, when the game also explains the plot for your own powers etc.).
Further, the way you overcome this is by using the game's unique mechanic, the absorption of elemental attacks via your Birthstones (this is the main mechanic of the game). When you absorb the corresponding elemental attack (if your current Birthstone is capable of absorbing the current elemental attack), you'll get a 1-turn buff that allows you to actually deal elemental damage with any of your other attacks, thus being able to damage the Succubi.

Honestly, the gameplay is not really that bad, although it's clearly not as focused on the rpg grind mechanics (as you can easily level up by doing the dungeons a couple of times, and grind for best gear fairly efficiently too), as its focus lays more on its unique mechanics and plot routes.
I still liked the gameplay quite a lot, even as a game of a smaller size. The Scenes are pretty hot, too, so that also helps.

Sorry, but that just screams "poor design" to me. I understand when it is needed to dig into the comments for advice on obscure collectibles, some hidden path, or endgame boss tactics, but that was the 2nd or 3rd (depending on your choice) actual battle in the game, where you don't just walk over multitudes of the same monsters that make "pop" under your boots. That's a major issue with the gameplay - why invent non-standard combat mechanics at all if it is almost not used? And taking into account that the previous bosses didn't have any sort of resistance/weakness at play I've mostly considered that birthstone stuff as a "magical parry", nothing more. To worsen the situation with the stones they should be farmed in most boring dungeons (I still didn't get a green one after several runs) and cannot be swapped once you embark on a mission.

The story itself was not convincing either - the guild master should be either blind, senile, or brainwashed to not notice that Pirika is not a normal adventurer. And the fact that there was a demon infiltration in town should have raised some fuss but nobody cares. It is not like demon-slaying is locked for heroes only - anybody with a birthstone (or a mage, if the point is to deal magic dmg) should be able to do it - so where are all these guys, why they were not alerted by the guild?
I'd like to add that repeatable dungeon runs were contradictory to the story - didn't they say at the beginning of the orc boss slaying mission that destroying the crystal would prevent further respawns?

Oh, I've read the comments, and it turned out that pink circles had to be visited to unlock some scenes. But... in-game it was said that it is a trap and they were very visible - which kinda removes any chance of accidental walk-in.

So my point (and rate) stands - the game is bad.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Sorry, but that just screams "poor design" to me. I understand when it is needed to dig into the comments for advice on obscure collectibles, some hidden path, or endgame boss tactics, but that was the 2nd or 3rd (depending on your choice) actual battle in the game, where you don't just walk over multitudes of the same monsters that make "pop" under your boots. That's a major issue with the gameplay - why invent non-standard combat mechanics at all if it is almost not used? And taking into account that the previous bosses didn't have any sort of resistance/weakness at play I've mostly considered that birthstone stuff as a "magical parry", nothing more. To worsen the situation with the stones they should be farmed in most boring dungeons (I still didn't get a green one after several runs) and cannot be swapped once you embark on a mission.

The story itself was not convincing either - the guild master should be either blind, senile, or brainwashed to not notice that Pirika is not a normal adventurer. And the fact that there was a demon infiltration in town should have raised some fuss but nobody cares. It is not like demon-slaying is locked for heroes only - anybody with a birthstone (or a mage, if the point is to deal magic dmg) should be able to do it - so where are all these guys, why they were not alerted by the guild?
I'd like to add that repeatable dungeon runs were contradictory to the story - didn't they say at the beginning of the orc boss slaying mission that destroying the crystal would prevent further respawns?

Oh, I've read the comments, and it turned out that pink circles had to be visited to unlock some scenes. But... in-game it was said that it is a trap and they were very visible - which kinda removes any chance of accidental walk-in.

So my point (and rate) stands - the game is bad.
While I can understand some of the points you made, I would certainly not class the game as overall bad. Well, I'll probably end up Reviewing it soon myself, but until then, I'll address a bit your points.

The design is unique, but not specifically bad. Again, you are prompted during the story that Succubi are the ones with physical resistance. The other battles you have are against normal monsters, without that resistance, and that's why, up until the Boss Fight at the end of Ch 1, you don't fight Succubi, although you've been prompted about it. I'll say there are ways to make it a bit more intuitive, in the idea of briefly reminding the player at the start of the first Succubi battle about her physical resistance. Not necessarily the best initial presentation of this mechanic, but it's continued execution works (as future Succubi fights follow that same mechanic).
The game has other such unique mechanics, such as the different status effects you can get in the game, given you make certain actions (such as, in Ch1, falling under 20% mana). For grinding the Stones, you do need to go through some chests until you get each type of accessory to then transform them into corresponding Stones, but that is the extent of the grind within the dungeons, your choices on how you'll spend your On-map mana. Of course, simply being able to dash through the enemies at no actual cost is a bit of a letdown, they could've gone the route of "Walking Through Paradise – Refrain" in which those enemies would at least chip at your hp, therefore giving an incentive on planning around the monsters, too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the end, when I consider things for their Score or general opinion on them, while I do also separate a bit my own Subjective comments on the thing from the Objective remarks (since there are games I personally don't like, possibly for their fetishes, or simply for having too bland Gameplay to make me enjoy their eventual Scenes), I also try to think more critically and calmly, both about each element of the game in question (such as Gameplay, Story, H-Scenes, even their Development), and in general comparison with other similar games. I can easily give you both plenty of examples of better games than this one, and worse games, even within the same general subgenre.
Of course, in the end, personal opinion has a great influence, but leaving general Ratings does at least imply you're willing to give the product a fair, objective, attempt, to help others formulate their own opinions. Subjective reviews that are not really signaled as such can mislead people. That was, essentially, why I commented about your rating (this and also since a similar situation happened, in the comments, a couple of months ago)

Reactions: SymbolicSalad

Jimmyodi841

May 4, 2018
the combat is really hurting my goldfish brain does someone has a guide or something
Spreading Wings means dodge to the side.
Crouching means backstep.
For Evil Eye Techniques, you'll need to meditate or concentrate. (for both moves you close your eyes, hence blocking the move)
Dark element attacks dont have a corresponding Birthstone, Game recommends dodging them, i disagree.

Succubi have a Physical damage shield, This means they are immune to Physical Attacks that aren't imbued with an Element.

ExposedPlace

May 10, 2021
Is there a way to always fully view an enemy's stats/levels? (When an enemy gets above lvl 30 it shows ??'s instead)

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I'm on a mobile port how do I fix it it's not working
Never used mobile apps to play rpg maker games. Some ideas that come to mind are:
  • Maybe the software is case sensitive with the assets, and I noticed my version of the Medea_Battle_Sinkenhanasu file doesn't have the H capitalized in the files under www/img/enemies; try to change the file name to make the H capitalized
  • Did you or the software decrypt the assets? Maybe it missed that specific file and it is still an .rpgmvp file

Including the rpgmvp file for that specific asset.

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes