aklik

Mar 24, 2018
Everyone knows what an MTL is. Then there was some genius thinking that using deepl is worth mentioning and called his "translations" "dmtl" now we got a new genius who calls his MTLs "AI Translation"
What's the fucking point? It's all an MTL, can we please stick to the term? Did you edit it? "Edited MTL" it is.
Quality wise, they're all more or less the same shit.
Actually AI translation also exist.
Confession Game [v1.0.1] [Hall of Corruption]
for example
But here is just generic mtl and scam in description.

Reactions: Nait Sieve

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
Very well balanced game, had to cheat just to win 10/10.
I played it ages ago so do not remember exact timings.
But first time I beat it with cheats and second time I played fairly and also managed to do it.
There are ways to get stronger inbetween arena fights. Like elemental dungeons which start somewhere around 3-4 arena fight.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
Everyone knows what an MTL is. Then there was some genius thinking that using deepl is worth mentioning and called his "translations" "dmtl" now we got a new genius who calls his MTLs "AI Translation"
What's the fucking point? It's all an MTL, can we please stick to the term? Did you edit it? "Edited MTL" it is.
Quality wise, they're all more or less the same shit.
They really aren't. There are currently three main categories of translation software available.
An edited AI based translation that starts with a Multipass from a specialized LLM model and an adversarial GAN is damned close to a human hand translation. These haven't landed in this space yet because not too many people know how to run them, the tools people use for rapid mtl's don't support them yet, and they currently need 20gb-30gb of vram. But they almost certainly will eventually. There's someone thats done a couple games this way on the translators hub discord, and they are damned good- but he'll only distribute translation patches, not full games.

Then we have the local nn model stuff like sugoi and deepls cloud based stuff. Inconsistent for sure and REQUIRES some editing to avoid parsing problems- but still blazing fast compared to most alternatives doesn't need special hardware, and generally an intelligible result,especially with a bit of prep work. This is what I think DLSite is calling an 'AI Translation'; that's technically correct since everyone is calling neural networks 'AI' even if I think the correct nomenclature is 'expert systems'.

A step down from that is 'MTL'. These are rules based translation tools, like Fujitsu ATLAS, powertrans, or google translate on the remote end. You can get good results out of these, and they are FAR more consistent than the other solutions-but it takes a lot of work, generally more work than people are willing to put in. Most of what we see on this site are in this lowest tier category.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
It's good that MTL's are getting better,
So many japanese games that look promising, I'm kinda satisfied, happy even, that I can play these games and understand what they are saying still. I mean I do want it better and all, just far better than nothing.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
It's good that MTL's are getting better,
So many japanese games that look promising, I'm kinda satisfied, happy even, that I can play these games and understand what they are saying still. I mean I do want it better and all, just far better than nothing.
Yeah, the reality is that there are waaaaaaaay more games people want translated than there are competent translators to translate them. I don't think the folks complaining about MTL understand how big that gap is.
We are probably just a couple years out from REALLY good LLM based translations.

Gabi1592

Feb 9, 2019
Here is my full save, idk if u can get out of the recollection room when game ends

There are a lot of potions and items to help, so idk why ppl are struggling in battles. Just buy mp potions and go super agressive :WeSmart:

edit > don't forget to check dungeons before each main story progress

Reactions: hygaqs

tobiume08

Jul 3, 2020
It is a decent game. The translation is not good. But I have seen worse.

The h scenes you collect mostly result in game overs.

I have no idea where to find Midia, but I think I have seen almost everything else.

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
I have no idea where to find Midia, but I think I have seen almost everything else.
To find Midia you have to wait until the 4th round is done then you do to the stands of the arena (take the stairs next to receptionist), and Midia should be at the top right of that area. Talk to her a few times and she should invite you to her room eventually which is where you'll get that scene.

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
How the fuck can I beat the orc?
It's resistant to water so you just cast fire at it and use the big heal on yourself when you're on low enough health. Normally you beat him when you're just about to run out of mp.

Starting from the first round you do need to go down to one of the houses at the bottom of the map and fight a spirit that will teach you a move between each round as it will be necessary for later fights, however don't use the move you learn from the fire spirit here as it costs 30 mp and is way too mana inefficient.

Also it's important to note that if you get the massage the night before you fight the orc then the orc fight becomes completely impossible if you don't cheat.

If you have problems with any later fights in the midgame consider using speed attack along with your other attacks. It stuns them for the turn you cast it + the next 1-2 turns and it has a pretty high success rate for its effect so you can really cheese fights with it, drastically reducing or sometimes even eliminating the need to heal.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
i've played the original MTL version ages ago (got it from hemdom iirc) and this "AI translation" we got here seems to be basically the same thing. not wanting to shittalk ai translations in general, in fact aklik brought up a really well done example, but here we probably have just a generic MTL. so don't expect anything good.
for people struggling: falling to temptation is bad for your success. really bad. you can pick up a few fetishes through specific events that make some battles harder without fatal consequences (1st fan in front of your room, or library girl), but better expect to run into bad ends/impossible fights if you do lewd stuff, and it's not always immediatly. as that, be careful with overwriting your save file.

asaltyjoo

Mar 27, 2021
scanned the game.exe file and it came up with nothing but the game_EN.exe got flagged as potential virus. is it a false flag?

FrancoBash

Apr 25, 2018
I'm stuck very early.
The coliseum clerk tells me to go to sleep, i go to inn but the innkeeper tells me goodluck for the coliseum, none of the beds upstairs is usable, how can i pass the time for the first trial?

asaltyjoo

Mar 27, 2021
I'm stuck very early.
The coliseum clerk tells me to go to sleep, i go to inn but the innkeeper tells me goodluck for the coliseum, none of the beds upstairs is usable, how can i pass the time for the first trial?
at the coliseum. hallway to the right. first door

Aug 28, 2018
They really aren't. There are currently three main categories of translation software available.
An edited AI based translation that starts with a Multipass from a specialized LLM model and an adversarial GAN is damned close to a human hand translation. These haven't landed in this space yet because not too many people know how to run them, the tools people use for rapid mtl's don't support them yet, and they currently need 20gb-30gb of vram. But they almost certainly will eventually. There's someone thats done a couple games this way on the translators hub discord, and they are damned good- but he'll only distribute translation patches, not full games.
Whenever this shit actually gets used for translations, and it's a RELEVANT upgrade maybe on par with mediocre hand made translations, then sure go for it. But really, I know DeepL is usually better than Google Translate and stuff, but it really isn't worth mentioning.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes