Aug 28, 2018
I've seen some human translations that are worse than MTL. They usually just have a "bad grammar" or something similar added. As MTL keeps getting better and better do you think we should add a "bad grammar" system to MTL as well?
No, since there is no "good grammar" in MTL, there's no need to call MTL bad grammar. That's like saying wet water or cold ice. Of course the grammar in MTLs is bad. If it's fine, you go for Edited or Heavily Edited MTL

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
No, since there is no "good grammar" in MTL, there's no need to call MTL bad grammar. That's like saying wet water or cold ice. Of course the grammar in MTLs is bad. If it's fine, you go for Edited or Heavily Edited MTL
While there certainly is no "good grammar" in MTL yet, it keeps getting better and better every year. Eventually it will get so good that human translations could be considered "bad grammar". So returning to my original question, should MTLs eventually have the tags for "good" and "bad" grammar?

Aug 28, 2018
should MTLs eventually have the tags for "good" and "bad" grammar?
Once MTLs have "good" grammar, it means they are on a human level. Because no sane person would call anything less than a human translation actually good. Then there's obviously no need to even mention it's a MTL because you won’t notice any difference anyway. So the answer is obviously no, once you can MTL a game on human level, it 1. doesn't matter it's translated by a machine and 2. every garbage current level MTL should at least be banned to a sub forum, if not forbidden at all.

Eventually it will get so good that human translations could be considered "bad grammar".
Considering a proper hand made translation is actually close to perfect, there's no way that machines can get much "better" at translating than humans. Because you know, there's a maximum of how "good" a translation can be and humans already reached that level. Machines are only more efficient.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
Once MTLs have "good" grammar, it means they are on a human level. Because no sane person would call anything less than a human translation actually good. Then there's obviously no need to even mention it's a MTL because you won’t notice any difference anyway. So the answer is obviously no, once you can MTL a game on human level, it 1. doesn't matter it's translated by a machine and 2. every garbage current level MTL should at least be banned to a sub forum, if not forbidden at all.

Considering a proper hand made translation is actually close to perfect, there's no way that machines can get much "better" at translating than humans. Because you know, there's a maximum of how "good" a translation can be and humans already reached that level. Machines are only more efficient.
There are lots of bad human translations, some of them so bad they are nearly unplayable. I still think it's worth specifying MTL's as MTL. See dazedanon's recent stuff for an example. The grammar is definitley better than many human translations, but they still have some quirks due to the automated nature of the process.

The higher end MTL stuff is already way more consistent than human translations. It just hasn't arrived here in volume yet. give it 6 months.

owlbox

Jan 18, 2020
has anyone figured out how to get the true end?
there is no true ending lmao the one we got is the only ending , I literally asked the dev on ci en (the 2 item is the ancient book and talisman btw)

1685778829923.png

also what is up with image uploader on this site

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018
There are lots of bad human translations, some of them so bad they are nearly unplayable.
We shouldn't use the low end of translators as standard, right? When I say human level, I obviously mean a person doing the translation being close to native speaker level in English and Japanese. Thats the base level, someone who dosent know the language, cant obviously translate.
Yet even "bad" human translations are usually much better than your average MTL.
A Japanese-speaking human knows "気をつけてください" despite its literal meaning is often used as a farewell, a MTL on the other hand would always use the literal meaning of something along the lines of "be careful" no matter the context. If a human fucks stuff like that up it's in 99% of the cases a edited MTL and not actually a proper translation. Because the person doing the translation dosent actually speak the language.

Also stuff like "行く" is fucked up in almost every MTL a human can easily distinct due to context if it means "to go" or "to come". Good luck having one of the current MTL programs getting that right. It's basically a 50/50 chance.
There are thousands of those cases.
Also, I won't reply to this anymore, feel free to open a new thread regarding that topic and ping me there if you wish to continue this discussion, but I don't wanna OT in this thread anymore.

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
We shouldn't use the low end of translators as standard, right? When I say human level, I obviously mean a person doing the translation being close to native speaker level in English and Japanese. Thats the base level, someone who dosent know the language, cant obviously translate.
Yet even "bad" human translations are usually much better than your average MTL.
A Japanese-speaking human knows "気をつけてください" despite its literal meaning is often used as a farewell, a MTL on the other hand would always use the literal meaning of something along the lines of "be careful" no matter the context. If a human fucks stuff like that up it's in 99% of the cases a edited MTL and not actually a proper translation. Because the person doing the translation dosent actually speak the language.

Also stuff like "行く" is fucked up in almost every MTL a human can easily distinct due to context if it means "to go" or "to come". Good luck having one of the current MTL programs getting that right. It's basically a 50/50 chance.
There are thousands of those cases.
Also, I won't reply to this anymore, feel free to open a new thread regarding that topic and ping me there if you wish to continue this discussion, but I don't wanna OT in this thread anymore.
Both your examples 気をつけてください and 行く are things that the latest crop of AI based translators handle well.
The worst translations I have seen are all human rather than mtl, because you can't as readily tell the human translation is wrong, a bad human translation is usually an incorrect translation that reads well, and probably 90% of the people playing have no idea it's wrong. While a bad mtl is just unintelligible garbage and everyone knows something is wrong with it.
In a perfect world we would have human hand translations of everything. But thats not the world we live in, there aren't that many translators, fortunatley we do live in a world where we are probably 6-12 months out from being able to translate anythign we want locally in an almost fully automated fashion with results that are nearly as good as a manual human translation.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
there is no true ending lmao the one we got is the only ending , I literally asked the dev on ci en (the 2 item is the ancient book and talisman btw)

View attachment 2671428

also what is up with image uploader on this site
with all this somewhat mistranslated jap->en I'm getting so confused, I struggle with well written english as it is lol.
thanks for asking the dev and even checking the game code, too bad there's no revenge route with mc getting all the hoes for himself (without strings attached that is)

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
I can't find her scene
Anyone know how to find her ?

View attachment 2675972
Somebody else had asked that earlier too, I'll quote what I wrote that time.

To find Midia you have to wait until the 4th round is done then you do to the stands of the arena (take the stairs next to receptionist), and Midia should be at the top right of that area. Talk to her a few times and she should invite you to her room eventually which is where you'll get that scene.

ivan.abakarov

Oct 27, 2018
hmm, why into the fight girls "vanish" and use skills.. i think there are some scenes but dont see it.. its a bug? try any version nothing changes

DK-MC

Feb 2, 2019
Ah, I played it back then, good game but I couldn't understand anything, I hope the AI did a better job. Say, did this version fixed that locked second Sophia's temptation scene? The one the night before the final round. She was my favourite characters so I was rather disappointed a whole scene of hers had been cut.

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
Ah... so this game has only a bad ending...?
What a DISAPPOINTMENT.
I hope they will all perish, especially MC, who is unthankful little bitch, who can't control his own dick without my help...

Reactions: Rosenkranze

DK-MC

Feb 2, 2019
I can't find this scene
Anyone knows how to find it?
View attachment 2733722
That's from Sophia's second temptation scene, you'll find her on the tavern on the night before the final round, surrounded by other characters with their own temptation scenes. Though last English version had a bug which didn't trigger it, we had to download the Japanese version and do with translator++, I haven't checked this version might have the bug too.

Reactions: AnLeCO
3.00 star(s) 4 Votes