mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Huh, i notice there's cock shrinking and growing items, but only breast growing stuff, where's the breast shrinking buisness? so much stuff seems to grow it.
Point taken. I'll look at adding breast-shrinking items. Not in this next release, though.

Reactions: inkyhorn

chizzlechad90

May 26, 2020
This popped up. Wanted to make sure it was addressed.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpy", line 24, in <module>
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpyc", line 24, in script
File "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Mega 11-7-2021\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Mega 11-7-2021\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Mega 11-7-2021\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpy", line 24, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.32
Wed Nov 10 16:54:03 2021

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
This popped up. Wanted to make sure it was addressed.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpyc", line 24, in script
File "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Mega 11-7-2021\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
File "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Mega 11-7-2021\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
File "C:\Users\Chad\Desktop\Mega 11-7-2021\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.32
Wed Nov 10 16:54:03 2021
Thanks, I'll make sure it gets fixed.

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
hi i went the tentacle addiction route, then when i asked for the crystal i got this error, this is patched to 0.35:
Code:
```

While running game code:
  File "game/main/city/church/sensua/church_sensua_get_crystal.rpy", line 107, in <module>
KeyError: u'VivianneBloatworms'

Full traceback:
  File "main/city/church/sensua/church_sensua_get_crystal.rpyc", line 107, in script
  File "TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
  File "TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
  File "TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
  File "game/main/city/church/sensua/church_sensua_get_crystal.rpy", line 107, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.35
Thu Nov 11 15:12:21 2021
```

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
hi i went the tentacle addiction route, then when i asked for the crystal i got this error, this is patched to 0.35:
Code:
```

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "main/city/church/sensua/church_sensua_get_crystal.rpyc", line 107, in script
  File "TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
  File "TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
  File "TentacleSlave-0.32-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.35
Thu Nov 11 15:12:21 2021
```
Fixed that one too.

Reactions: herbz

Kel2513

May 16, 2019
mouseguru, It has been some time since i last played your game it but i enjoyed it quite a bit. Could you kindly confirm if an update is about to be released soonish? I wanted to give it another go, this time in the renpy version, and i would rather wait if it means more content is on the way. Much appreciated.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
mouseguru, It has been some time since i last played your game it but i enjoyed it quite a bit. Could you kindly confirm if an update is about to be released soonish? I wanted to give it another go, this time in the renpy version, and i would rather wait if it means more content is on the way. Much appreciated.
Yes. I've been struggling with debugging everything before I do the actual release. Because of the semi-linear nature of the game, I have to do A LOT of "test" gameplay before even getting to the parts of the game that require testing. It's been taking a long while.

I advertised on my Discord channel for anyone who's interested in helping me debug, to PM me privately. That would definitely help speed up the next release.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
If I miss going to the Ball... do I need to start over? Can't seem to progress at all.
Yes, unfortunately going to the ball is required to progress. In the future, I could make it possible to seek help from the Coven instead, but I just want to get the current release out the door first.

Lethan

Nov 16, 2021
That seems like a massive oversight; 'cause I spent like an honest hour going through the weeks etc. Some kind of "sorry" or another ball.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
That seems like a massive oversight; 'cause I spent like an honest hour going through the weeks etc. Some kind of "sorry" or another ball.
I concede that the game, in its current state, is more of a beta than a production-quality game. Things like that, do take away from the proper enjoyment of it.

I've actually paused billing on my Patreon because I've reached full burnout on developing the game. I have to push myself to finish testing everything, and the amount of work that takes is obscene.

What I'll probably end up doing is taking the time to add a "warp" at the beginning of the game that allows you to skip over, for instance, randomly meeting tentacles, then helping the noblewoman with her stolen heirloom, before heading to the riverfront. Doing everything involved in that is a good 20 minutes, and in order to test all three of the professions in the game, I have to do that three times. It's very draining, and I'm sure it's not that fun for players who want to see all of the game content either.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I ran into this :

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/main/house/my_house_found_companions.rpy", line 39, in <module>
NameError: name '_servant_index' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "main/house/my_house_found_companions.rpyc", line 39, in script
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.40
Sun Dec 19 18:44:48 2021
And then a bit later ...

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 2, in execute
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 3, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/church_confession_felicia_be.png'.

Full traceback:
  File "main/city/church/faithful/church_private_confession.rpyc", line 23, in script
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 2, in execute
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 3, in <module>
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2278, in image_size
    surf = im.load()
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 627, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/church_confession_felicia_be.png'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.40
Sun Dec 19 19:34:16 2021

Last edited:

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
I ran into this :

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "main/house/my_house_found_companions.rpyc", line 39, in script
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
  File "D:\Local_Games\Tentacle_Slave\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.40
Sun Dec 19 18:44:48 2021
I see the bug. I'll release a fix after a few days, to give people more time to play with the game and root out any other lurking bugs. For the time being you can just ignore it, I think.

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
mouseguru

Found this while using lust bolt in battle as a human sorceress:
Code:
[code]

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/main/openworld/combat.rpy", line 309, in combatAction
  File "game/main/openworld/combat.rpy", line 563, in attackEnemySorceress
NameError: global name 'enemy' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "main/forest/forest_tentacles.rpyc", line 51, in script
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.40
Sun Dec 19 19:27:47 2021
[/CODE]

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
mouseguru

Found this while using lust bolt in battle as a human sorceress:
Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "main/forest/forest_tentacles.rpyc", line 51, in script
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 313, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jouky\Desktop\New folder\TentacleSlave-0.40-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.40
Sun Dec 19 19:27:47 2021
[/CODE]
Okay, thanks. I'll make sure healing tentacle beasts with lust bolts actually works in the next release. ;)

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
One of these days I will learn to NOT "Boldly Stride Forward" when I encounter the tentacles. :)

When I got back to the house, after the encounter, it gave me this error: (I have both Chara and Felicia)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One a side note: I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but I cannot access the character, inventory, or alchemy screen when I am in most of the buildings nor on the town map screen. I can see them when at the Church and at home, but not anywhere else. It looks like there is a picture or something laying over top of the icons, I do get a glimpse of them when I exit the areas.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
One of these days I will learn to NOT "Boldly Stride Forward" when I encounter the tentacles. :)

When I got back to the house, after the encounter, it gave me this error: (I have both Chara and Felicia)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One a side note: I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but I cannot access the character, inventory, or alchemy screen when I am in most of the buildings nor on the town map screen. I can see them when at the Church and at home, but not anywhere else. It looks like there is a picture or something laying over top of the icons, I do get a glimpse of them when I exit the areas.
I should be more consistent about where I display the character, inventory and alchemy buttons. Good point.

And someone JUST reported this same bug about an hour ago. I'll release a bugfix patch probably Weds-Thurs, to give other bug reports a chance to trickle in a bit more, first.

Reactions: CaptainBipto
3.20 star(s) 6 Votes