4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

BBBBB7

Formerly 'bloobun'
Dec 22, 2017
I've created a video of all the scenes. I made the scenes about 20 secs long, and the images 10 secs, works out to about 34 mins of total length. I've also noticed it looks a bit better if you speed the video up a bit, I haven't done it in the rendering, but you should be able to do it on your player, generally 1.1 or 1.2 works well.

(don't view video from browser, playback isn't very good generally)
Google Drive

It's about 2GB in size and almost lossless, I didn't want to reduce the quality, partly because I never bothered much with the rendering settings so I don't actually know how to, and when I tried it produced a very bad picture even though I selected really high settings? I just stitched it up from the lossless ones which was easier for me cause I had to do it a lot a while ago.

based on version 5.02
can u also upload a none-compiled individual version? tysm
also I remember there being threesome scenes and I can't seem to find them

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
"Still working on porting the game". Sounds like bs to me since every month he has a diferent excuse as to why they aren't delivering content, let alone real news
I agree with this. It's taking more to "port" than it took to make a decent portion of the game as it is. What is he even porting it to? I recall hearing of Unity, a fairly more complex engine, with 3D capabilities that seems like overkill for a 2D game that could be made in a VN engine or even in html with a bit of JS magic.

Generally if you have something to show, even half-finished, you show it (as we've seen so far by previews and so on), so if there was a port and progress on it I'd expect to see something, at least a picture of something that *almost* works, to show he's trying.

Could this be related to the artist/artists behind the game's animations? Iirc the first few animations and artwork were done by someone named "San Sheng Wan", or so I heard, and although idk where he's supposed to be posting his stuff, where his main platform is, I can't really find anything newer than 2021 from him on the internet, could it be that something happened? Did he quit, or move to Mars or something?

Reactions: tiehierf

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
Sure here it is:
Google Drive
Hey there, thanks for your work. You are right about them looking slightly better sped up, even though that messes with the audio and the scene length a bit. That's because they're very low FPS so to speak, they indeed look choppy.

I remembered that there are some version at 60FPS on rule34 and thankfully I found something to do the magic for the rest of them. I used Flowframes (it's free and open source so it seemed like a good choice, I'm open to other suggestions) to bring the videos in this archive you posted up to 120FPS (the size difference from 60 was marginal, couple MBs at most, so I thought I'd go for it even if it's barely noticeable lol).
Do note I excluded the videos of the static images since an image looks the same at 1 FPS and at 120 FPS. Those aren't in the following archive at all:

Looking in the game and on rule34 I do notice some animations that are not in here though, so let's put a pin in it for now and consider it a WIP. If we manage to get a complete set I'm more than open to batch run them overnight once more so we can perhaps make a community made gallery: 60/120 FPS, all anims, jpg-s of the static scenes, split in folders or at least named by the monster they portray, the good stuff. If I find some extra time maybe I'll try to hunt down the missing anims myself, but no promises

Thanks again for your work, you made this possible!

P.S: I've looked into the frames of the videos themselves and while the original videos where 30 FPS the animation itself is only at 7.5-ish FPS, the same frame is 4 times in a row. As such the videos I posted, which are at 120 FPS, only show the animation at 30 FPS because I used a 4x factor. It's still a lot better but this explains the choppiness even further. Not sure what can be done to achieve actual 60 FPS animations, a 240 FPS video seems unreasonable atm, though worth investigating, perhaps there's a way to get the original ones at 7.5 FPS so that Flowframes works with that as a baseline. Idk, worth looking into.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chipidy

bilybilybob

Mar 24, 2018
Hey there, thanks for your work. You are right about them looking slightly better sped up, even though that messes with the audio and the scene length a bit. That's because they're very low FPS so to speak, they indeed look choppy.

I remembered that there are some version at 60FPS on rule34 and thankfully I found something to do the magic for the rest of them. I used Flowframes (it's free and open source so it seemed like a good choice, I'm open to other suggestions) to bring the videos in this archive you posted up to 120FPS (the size difference from 60 was marginal, couple MBs at most, so I thought I'd go for it even if it's barely noticeable lol).
Do note I excluded the videos of the static images since an image looks the same at 1 FPS and at 120 FPS. Those aren't in the following archive at all:

Looking in the game and on rule34 I do notice some animations that are not in here though, so let's put a pin in it for now and consider it a WIP. If we manage to get a complete set I'm more than open to batch run them overnight once more so we can perhaps make a community made gallery: 60/120 FPS, all anims, jpg-s of the static scenes, split in folders or at least named by the monster they portray, the good stuff. If I find some extra time maybe I'll try to hunt down the missing anims myself, but no promises

Thanks again for your work, you made this possible!

P.S: I've looked into the frames of the videos themselves and while the original videos where 30 FPS the animation itself is only at 7.5-ish FPS, the same frame is 4 times in a row. As such the videos I posted, which are at 120 FPS, only show the animation at 30 FPS because I used a 4x factor. It's still a lot better but this explains the choppiness even further. Not sure what can be done to achieve actual 60 FPS animations, a 240 FPS video seems unreasonable atm, though worth investigating, perhaps there's a way to get the original ones at 7.5 FPS so that Flowframes works with that as a baseline. Idk, worth looking into.
I tried originally recording them at like 10 fps, but it actually ended up being choppier than 30fps. My guess was that maybe frames were missed or something.
Probably best way would be to record it at my native hz (120) and just go through the footage and remove duplicate frames, that way it would grab everything, and should remove the duplicates, reducing it down to whatever actual fps it's running at.
Can maybe do it with the 30fps footage already.

Probably keeping the project running on flash is best, because as you can see, flash scales with the resolution, so when we get to 8k screens, the actual game (most of it anyway) will scale with us, so it'll look really crisp, hopefully we'll have strong enough computers for that...
Though I'd rather him just make an actual flash animation-movie thing instead, since the game itself isn't very good as a game.

Reactions: Chipidy

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
I tried originally recording them at like 10 fps, but it actually ended up being choppier than 30fps. My guess was that maybe frames were missed or something.
Probably best way would be to record it at my native hz (120) and just go through the footage and remove duplicate frames, that way it would grab everything, and should remove the duplicates, reducing it down to whatever actual fps it's running at.
Can maybe do it with the 30fps footage already.

Probably keeping the project running on flash is best, because as you can see, flash scales with the resolution, so when we get to 8k screens, the actual game (most of it anyway) will scale with us, so it'll look really crisp, hopefully we'll have strong enough computers for that...
Though I'd rather him just make an actual flash animation-movie thing instead, since the game itself isn't very good as a game.
Getting this from native might be a good idea since otherwise the 30 FPS recording itself might be skipping some frames.
Indeed recording at a lower FPS than your monitor will skip frames, even if the animations themselves have less frames, because the frames that the recording software skips and the frames that are duplicates in the animations might not line up, so this desync may cause choppy video.

Since the last post I ran the existing ones trough ffmpeg with a filter to remove exact duplicates of the frames and output the file again, most of them ended up being about 8.1-ish FPS. I'm currently getting them up to 30 FPS right now (well, 32-ish, because it's 4x). Basically the 120 FPS videos I sent look the same but they take more space xD
I will put up an archive once this is done. I made a proper 60+ FPS video as well to see how it looks like and I admit it looks odd. While it's better and more fluid than the 30 FPS vids, and way beyond the game's anims, due to the nature of the animations with sudden moves and such all those choppy parts end up producing some artifacting as well.

I'll try to run them overnight or tomorrow for the 60 FPS versions, the 30 FPS ones will be reuploaded sometime today.

I made myself some tools to get this done automatically more or less, batch-process the videos. So if you do go ahead and record again, maybe at 120 FPS or the missing anims and so on, I'm more than willing to process them. All I'm missing is the raw materials so to speak xD

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Nono needs to realize that all of his current work doesn’t work anymore. Flash is outdated and the lack of capacity to accommodate more content is showing itself, the Total War style moba gacha mechanics puts off a lot of folks, and all development time is spent trying to stabilize the background process to keep it from collapsing on itself. The only things that keeps people invested in his iterations are the tentacle monsters and their world that Lilith interacts with.

My sole advice would be to dump everything and restart as a pure breeding experiment/business game.

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
Nono needs to realize that all of his current work doesn’t work anymore. Flash is outdated and the lack of capacity to accommodate more content is showing itself, the Total War style moba gacha mechanics puts off a lot of folks, and all development time is spent trying to stabilize the background process to keep it from collapsing on itself. The only things that keeps people invested in his iterations are the tentacle monsters and their world that Lilith interacts with.

My sole advice would be to dump everything and restart as a pure breeding experiment/business game.
Nice idea actually.

If he'd manage to do that without bogging down in a new rabbit hole about the plot of such a breeding experiment it would work. To be fair it already worked kinda like a breeding experiment because you can see the attributes of species you already have and try to mix and match to get the wanted ones.
This would mean dumping part of the assets and story, perhaps instead of Lilith being banished from home it'd be Lilith the space scientist gathering data about alien species on this new and untamed plant. Sure, the combat mechanics would no longer be in this at first, but when you develop things there is always the chance that some of the features go unused.

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
FYI I've uploaded the 60FPS videos as well. The link is still the same:
There are now 3 archives, the 8FPS original videos, the 30FPS version and the 60FPS version.
They are still incomplete, missing a few anims, but better than nothing.

• Love
Reactions: alozer and Propaga

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
TBH Adobe Air still exists - he could continue with the game in flash as standalone executables (which he was already providing anyway).
If he wanted to move to a new engine it would have already been done - the mechanics are not that deep even for something like RenPy. I think this is just another case of "work fatigue" that devs around these parts seem to get a lot, which is why I dropped support as soon as the first deadline was missed - I no longer believe anyone's excuses

Reactions: McAztec

alozer

Jan 29, 2018
FYI I've uploaded the 60FPS videos as well. The link is still the same:
There are now 3 archives, the 8FPS original videos, the 30FPS version and the 60FPS version.
They are still incomplete, missing a few anims, but better than nothing.
Wow! I admire the work you have done!
And the question arises - do you plan to finish it to its logical end? That is, record the entire video?

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
Wow! I admire the work you have done!
And the question arises - do you plan to finish it to its logical end? That is, record the entire video?
If you're asking if I'll make the whole video be at 30/60FPS then the answer is sadly no. If I have time I'd much rather record the missing animations and make some sort of a gallery, however time has been short as of late.
I managed to automate most of the processing of the videos, or at least turn many of the steps into something that can process a whole bunch of videos without manual input so it can be done in the background or overnight, otherwise it would've taken ages. Good thing FlowFrames has batch processing.
So yeah what I'm basically missing is the source material or the time to record it myself.
As for a full video like the original if someone here has access to a video editing software that's not gonna put an ugly-ass watermark or crash when loading 81 files (some free ones can't take that strain iirc) then feel free to stick them together and make a video out of it.

alozer

Jan 29, 2018
If you're asking if I'll make the whole video be at 30/60FPS then the answer is sadly no. If I have time I'd much rather record the missing animations and make some sort of a gallery, however time has been short as of late.
I managed to automate most of the processing of the videos, or at least turn many of the steps into something that can process a whole bunch of videos without manual input so it can be done in the background or overnight, otherwise it would've taken ages. Good thing FlowFrames has batch processing.
So yeah what I'm basically missing is the source material or the time to record it myself.
As for a full video like the original if someone here has access to a video editing software that's not gonna put an ugly-ass watermark or crash when loading 81 files (some free ones can't take that strain iirc) then feel free to stick them together and make a video out of it.
Oh no, I'm asking if you're going to make the remaining videos with the original speed?
By the way, the question is: do you have access to the text files of the game?

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
Oh no, I'm asking if you're going to make the remaining videos with the original speed?
By the way, the question is: do you have access to the text files of the game?
I hope to find time sometime to record the animations, perhaps in this upcoming holiday season. The end images are also on the todo list.
As for text files I don't have any access to the original assets. I have the .exe as everyone else and iirc you can't select text and copy it from the UI. I know you were referring to moving them into a more organized format, perhaps having them in a simple .txt next to the the relevant creature anims, but that would be a manual process afaik and a very tedious and time-consuming one, while most of the value is imo in the anims and pictures. So lots of effort for not so much reward I'm afraid. Perhaps when a gallery of the visual part is done we can slowly do those as well.
Any help from others is of course appreciated, in the form of the transcript of these stories or recordings and so on.
The workload is easier to manage if it's spread out a bit.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes