Ano85

May 21, 2018
Well thanks for sharing, isn't the next release, if it does happen, going to be in a different engine anyways? Kinda makes file size moot when it's in a different engine and likely different format. Since Flash/Air was Vector, and whatever hes using now is very very likely Raster, which is pre-rendered vs rendered images.
V3 is basically a whole new game since he had to remake it in Unity.
It's not the file size we used for the estimates but the folder count. Our estimate is about 50 new characters so far, counting ferals, environmental characters, and actual characters. V2 has 60 if you haven't checked.
There was also a new name I haven't seen before but that doesn't matter much.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrStal0ne

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
V3 is basically a whole new game since he had to remake it in Unity.
It's not the file size we used for the estimates but the folder count. Our estimate is about 50 new characters so far, counting ferals, environmental characters, and actual characters. V2 has 60 if you haven't checked.
There was also a new name I haven't seen before but that doesn't matter much.
Folder count can also be misleading, since different formats require more folders for the same number of files even. Now if you've looked over all the entries for characters and counted those and say 50, and with all the art streams for "game art" I'm willing to believe about 50 new ones exist since last release. Likely a lot of them won't be added.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
Folder count can also be misleading, since different formats require more folders for the same number of files even. Now if you've looked over all the entries for characters and counted those and say 50, and with all the art streams for "game art" I'm willing to believe about 50 new ones exist since last release. Likely a lot of them won't be added.
It's still going to be pictures and txt files to make modding easier iirc. 50 is a big number, but it becomes smaller when you understand that both Taulsol and Taulsol's house are characters. The main menu is a character now too.
Stream art is only loosely related to the game.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
It's still going to be pictures and txt files to make modding easier iirc. 50 is a big number, but it becomes smaller when you understand that both Taulsol and Taulsol's house are characters. The main menu is a character now too.
Stream art is only loosely related to the game.
Neat, however if I recall the Flash/Air version actually used Vector Maps, not images.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
The game's still being made. "Abandoned" is inaccurate. No matter what the details currently are, the game's still being worked on. It isn't abandoned.
This one isn't, if a new one is that's something different. The claimed engine is Unity, which is going to mean it'll look and play a lot different. Since it's now going to be rasterized it's going to also look worse I mean, and unity engine that has it's own issues with "feel" when it comes to 2D at least.

• Angry

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
This one isn't, if a new one is that's something different. The claimed engine is Unity, which is going to mean it'll look and play a lot different. Since it's now going to be rasterized it's going to also look worse I mean, and unity engine that has it's own issues with "feel" when it comes to 2D at least.
It won't be a new one unless he calls it Teraurge:Remake or something, which he won't do, since it's not a complete game experience, but a stage in a development and the content which was before, will stay mostly the same. I am speculating here, since I don't know if all of it will be true, but so do you. We will probably have a new thread because of the rules, yes, but it is still be the same project, unlike Crowjob in Space, which rebooted around five or six times and every time from a scratch.

You are misleading people, they ask if the game is abandoned, implying it's "dead", no longer being developed, and you answer them with a simple: "yes" and they stop reading what other people said, for example, the guy who shares info behind still going development process. You don't make it sound like that is your opinion, you are stating a fact, which is a false one. We have a proof it's not abandoned, some activity from a creator, why to tell people it's still "dead" without explaining that is not so simple with this project? They will return in a month or so and will start to whine about a dead unique game or talk about "how shitty creator is and why he is still collecting his unjust money from patreon?"

And where did you find good looking scenes in Teraurge? Backgrounds and character models were alright, but almost all scenes with characters were just sketches, which looked more like Rorschach test. I doubt changing engine will drastically change graphics, considering art was lacking completion from the start.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: kep31 and MrStal0ne

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
It won't be a new one unless he calls it Teraurge:Remake or something, which he won't do, since it's not a complete game experience, but a stage in a development and the content which was before, will stay mostly the same.

And where did you find good looking scenes in Teraurge? Backgrounds and character models were alright, but almost all scenes with characters were just sketches, which looked more like Rorschach test. I doubt changing engine will drastically change graphics, considering art was lacking completion from the start.
Not one line of code from the original can be used in unity, not a single vector file can be used in unity. The code is fully different and remade from scratch if you believe the Unity Project is real even, which no real proof of has been shown for over 4 years. The only thing that could be directly reused depending on format used, is the Music.

And if you can not understand the appeal of art in this game, that just tells me you have no taste what so ever in art. In fact why are you here? The biggest difference in quality will be that images (all) will be fixed resolution and stretched for your aspect ratio. Meaning it will look degraded and have aliasing. It's an inherent problem with unity. Go play a 2d unity game.

• Thinking Face

ZithL

Jul 14, 2018
Ignore what they say here, it is abandoned. Flash and Adobe Air are dead. He's remaking it in Unity if you believe the rumors, but this project is still dead.
I really have to ask since I see you post so much on this thread. Why are you here? You constantly spread unwanted, and frankly unneeded, pessimism almost every time. We get it, you do not believe the game is being worked on anymore, you have your doubts. So why stick around? You are not adding anything of value.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Not one line of code from the original can be used in unity, not a single vector file can be used in unity. The code is fully different and remade from scratch if you believe the Unity Project is real even, which no real proof of has been shown for over 4 years. The only thing that could be directly reused depending on format used, is the Music.

And if you can not understand the appeal of art in this game, that just tells me you have no taste what so ever in art. In fact why are you here? The biggest difference in quality will be that images (all) will be fixed resolution and stretched for your aspect ratio. Meaning it will look degraded and have aliasing. It's an inherent problem with unity. Go play a 2d unity game.
All your talk is another one of yours speculations, and now you are simply yapping without any evidence. Ano85 had provided enough proof of work being done for months, I tend to believe him more than another random passerby which has nothing to do with a game, with only one counterargument that is 4 years, ignoring completely points I provide for a game existence. I am so tired to hear the same bullshit.

And again, that's what you think, you haven't seen a single art from a new version and you already know it will be 100% bad since you have such a good knowledge of a degrading unity engine. I played Hollow Knight, I liked it, need another example of a good 2d unity game?

If you really believe that the game is dead, go somewhere else, what else to talk about with people here? I am sure another "abandoned" game requires your necessary nihilistic opinion elsewhere.

Last edited:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Funny here are few guys just want to constantly vent their disappointment, marks it as "fact" and telling everyone the game is "Abandoned", while there are solid proofs it is not Abandoned.

While on another thread, Kobold Adventure is Abandoned (The dev said it themselves), but a few guys keep high on copium and keep posting "it's not abandoned".

What a site we are one.

lucina9814

Oct 17, 2021
Does anyone still have that image with hundreds of (black and white?) renders for different creature designs? I remember seeing a long time ago but I can't seem to find it.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Does anyone still have that image with hundreds of (black and white?) renders for different creature designs? I remember seeing a long time ago but I can't seem to find it.
Did you mean Meandraco's stream art? Here, a link from his site up to april, the rest is on his twitter page:

Last edited:

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
anyone know any other games like this?
Exactly like this? None. If you lean on to the space gay guys with big dicks there is Lust Odyssey or if you like bara muscle guys there is Lustful Desires. If you want cosmic horrors with big dicks and clits you can play with Savin's TiTs or his most precious fantasy CoC2. If you want to play a game where you can have as many clothes as any women can never have you can try Lilith's Throne. But they are still not the same as this one. There are other games I can recommend, but it will depend on your preferences.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes