MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
The updated borders and characters for V3 so far:
Love that even just seeing an expanded map gets me excited

So, does that mean we will have access to the ocean and its creatures too? Or a potential diving experience? Maybe the boat will give an access to travel on round tiles like on a land. Interesting nonetheless. Sadly, the iron gate will remain locked.
One of those files is named "sejan_diving" so looks like it. I also like that idea of traveling around water tiles on the boat, but if at all I'm guessing it would be limited to certain areas? If I remember right, there's some giant ass boat that travels around non-stop that we are eventually suppose to be able to get on and it takes us to another area. Think it was the muds.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrStal0ne

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
There's nothing to be hopeful or hopeless about, what's going to happen is pretty easy to foresee: v3 will likely come out after a very long time (2025 is my earliest estimate) and be the last update of the game.
Chad Teraurge.jpg

Nobody here after however many years gives a shit that you don't think an update is coming. We've been here this long for a reason. So strange that so many naysayers hang out here after this long, especially for such an obscure game like this of all things. Let people be excited about Teraurge news man

db-bchr-iv

Mar 12, 2023
View attachment 2796336

Nobody here after however many years gives a shit that you don't think an update is coming. We've been here this long for a reason. So strange that so many naysayers hang out here after this long, especially for such an obscure game like this of all things. Let people be excited about Teraurge news man
Are you capable of comprehending what you read?

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Are you capable of comprehending what you read?
More than you I suppose. I'm not about to get into some pointless back and forth argument with yet another update time lobotomite complainer. You essentially said "hey stop having hope the update is still super far away and probably the last." If you can't see why that's negative then idk what to tell you

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
There's nothing to be hopeful or hopeless about, what's going to happen is pretty easy to foresee: v3 will likely come out after a very long time (2025 is my earliest estimate) and be the last update of the game.
You have been outplayed. Meandraco has predicted you type of comment, there is already V4_inkhon character in the game folder, just for you. Jokes aside, you do realise that's your fault in aggravating people with such a comment?

Last edited:

Ano85

May 21, 2018
So, does that mean we will have access to the ocean and its creatures too? Or a potential diving experience? Maybe the boat will give an access to travel on round tiles like on a land. Interesting nonetheless. Sadly, the iron gate will remain locked.
The overworld movement has changed, it's no longer clicking on circles. You can also get on a boat and travel similarly on water.
....Unless I misunderstood what you meant by tiles.

• Thinking Face

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
The overworld movement has changed, it's no longer clicking on circles. You can also get on a boat and travel similarly on water.
....Unless I misunderstood what you meant by tiles.
Yeah, that's what I meant, they reminded me of board game tiles where characters were usually moving around.
I wonder how the diving will be working. Will it have an event spot that stays on a map like a lake, where you can dive, or a random encounter like finding spears or enemies in certain places?

db-bchr-iv

Mar 12, 2023
You have been outplayed. Meandraco has predicted you type of comment, there is already V4_inkhon character in the game folder, just for you. Jokes aside, you do realise that's your fault in aggravating people with such a comment?
The fact that you think I'm trying to aggravate anyone proves that it aggravates you for some reason and that you do care. No, I'm just sharing what I think is going to happen but you people can't seem to stand it.
"we've been hearing this for years! we don't care! take it elsewhere"
Care not enough to reply not, then. I'm not interested in hearing your rude pseudo-rebuttals either.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
How much passion really goes into a passion project when it takes years to release a medium sized update. Seems like he has more passion for art streams than this game.
This isn't even what "passion project" means. It just means the creator is doing it for fun/as a side project because they feel like it, and not primarily for the purpose of making money.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Wanted to get back into the habit of drawing so I decided to practice by making some quick Teraurge fanart. I'm very much an amateur and it's hard to get even close to MD's level, but this was fun. Drawing weird monsters gives you a lot more freedom with things which was neat. Also looks super messy, but that's just how I draw.

This was based off #30 in that old collection of concept sketches for anyone curious.

TreeUrge.png

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
Alright, coming in to pour more oil onto the fire...

I understand that people here are passionate about the game and are frustrated about the lack of slow development, however some are way too personally invested and way too bitter about all of this. Can't we all just ignore this thread until the next update comes in? If there was a genuine discussion going on here I'd understand the activity, but since nothing has happened for years, I just log in, check for any activity, and then leave and go check other games. Teraurge isn't the only good game on F95, and if y'all are so desperate about more content, just ask for male on alien commissions or twitter or whatever. Or go the extra mile and try to organize a small dev team to make a small terato VN. With all the people lurking on this thread I'm sure we can make at least something that won't infect my PC and corrupt all my files lol.

With all that said, while it's pointless to argue and get bitter over a fucking video game... I can't help but stay skeptic over how poorly MD has cared about the communication around his game. Do we have any actual evidence of any actual progress on Teraurge? I've seen the screenshots of the messages on Discord and the folders flying around here, but can we say for sure that MD hasn't created those folders on a whim and just said "well I'll just screen this and send it to them, that will make them shup up for a while"? Do we have any actual screenshot of the actual progress made in the editor, or a 5-second gif of some characters interacting with one another?

Some defenders here are gonna say "Well MD said he was working on it so we have to take his word for it", and yeah, he has told us he was making progress, but he has never shown us any progress, apart from the map of the overworld that got roughly completed (a few years back, mind you). The closest I've seen that might act as a proof is a short gif on his twitter where he showcased the new movement system, and that was enough to shup up the dissidents at the time. We don't need more, just actual, concrete proof that really wouldn't take long to set up.

So until then, I'll just keep a safe distance from this game to avoid being dissapointed when the actual release doesn't live up to the hype it got. It's a great game, but I'm not gonna die if it is cancelled, I'll just do something else.

kep31

Sep 11, 2020
I can't help but stay skeptic over how poorly MD has cared about the communication around his game
What i feel from your post is, that it was written from a perspective of someone, who is actively spending money on creation of this game. You are not. In actual fact, noone is.

Noone is paying MD to make a game. No, the patreton is not for a game, and it is written so in the patreon itself (if you can read text with understanding). And even if it was made to support the game development, i bet my last, nailed to the tree sock, that not a single one person, that keeps consistently whining on this forum again and again, is actually paying for it.

" Some defenders here are gonna say "Well MD said he was working on it so we have to take his word for it", and yeah, he has told us he was making progress, but he has never shown us any progress "
where does this come from? Nobody is investing in this game. MD has no contracts to finish it. This game is being made as a hobby, and as a passion project - which to me, means: something you would love to make, because it doesn't exist and would be cool. This guy, is actually realizing his dream, at his own pace.

" We don't need more, just actual, concrete proof "
i don't see any reason he should "have to" provide proof. This is an unfunded, hobby, passion project by one person. Any content or "update" we receive should be looked at as a free gift, not an expected game dev. update. This isn't your bethesda, that needs to document their development to shareholders, neither is this your average F95 dev, who moderates his own game thread on this forum with updates, and has patreon set up directly for the game he is posting on. Again, this is just a passion project from a random person who owes you nothing.
"So until then, I'll just keep a safe distance from this game to avoid being dissapointed "
I only hope all of the consistent naysayers on this thread follow your advice.

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
What i feel from your post is, that it was written from a perspective of someone, who is actively spending money on creation of this game. You are not. In actual fact, noone is.
At what point did I bring money into the equation? I didn't. You're right, I dont support MD on Patreon, and I don't intend to. I don't support anyone's Patreon on this site. I value my money too much to spend it on something as nebulous as someone else's part-time hobby that might not even see the light of day.

But money isn't the point here. My point was that in spite of everything, MD still cares enough to show up here from time to time and give a reply to all the naysayers doubting him, meaning he cares enough about the reception of the game to communicate about it. That what I'm putting into question here : The way he communicates with his audience. A simple screenshot of what he's actually doing from time to time would have been enough to terminate this thread ages ago, and yet he never came around to do it.

You're completely dodging the point I'm trying to make, and putting different words in my mouth to make it look like I said we were entitled to more news about the game. We aren't, I'm aware of that, and I'm fine with that. I started my previous comment with saying that people here are too bitter about the game, and some others are way too defensive of it as well. The only thing I feel about all of this is skepticism about the existence of any meaningful progress, but other than that, I've barely posted anything in this thread in the last 2 years (maybe 3 or 4 comments), because I just check in for some news, and the rest of the time I just go check some other games and stop paying TU any attention.

Reactions: whitexwhite

kep31

Sep 11, 2020
That what I'm putting into question here : The way he communicates with his audience. A simple screenshot of what he's actually doing from time to time would have been enough to terminate this thread ages ago, and yet he never came around to do it.

You're completely dodging the point I'm trying to make, and putting different words in my mouth to make it look like I said we were entitled to more news about the game ....
The only thing I feel about all of this is skepticism about the existence of any meaningful progress
But that is exactly the point i'm trying to make, not dodging anything or putting any words in your mouth. We deserve exactly zero knowledge about "existence of any meaningful progress". This is a just a guy, making a game he wants to make, at his own terms, and putting it out for YOU to enjoy, at no personal profit.

Saying that his communication of the games progress, is somehow not adequate, seems to me nothing but entitled. Any comment by the dev, about the progress of this freely provided game, should be taken as a nice bonus, from where i'm standing.

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes