Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Is there a way to get max of each attribute, maybe by editting some file or something?
Or you can use cheat engine in the character creation screen, in which you can give yourself 10 in each stat, which is fair enough to win most most of the fights (and you won't become One-Punch Man) but I would still recommend to find some weapon. Or use Debug menu, that the guy mentioned above.

LordMilitus

Mar 12, 2020
Oh, amazing! I must have somehow missed that. Thank you. :3

Edit: Wait, cheat engine? I don't see anything on my character creation.
I also opened that file and I'm honestly confused on how to do... Anything? It says to make the file and copy the text, but it's already in that area with the exact text.

Last edited:

gavman3

Sep 12, 2020
"I have to make a txt filed named "debug_functions_plz" into the game's "database" folder and copy this whole text into it. I want the debug functions, but I recognize that when I use these tools designed for content creation, I might very likely break the dialogue scripting and render quest lines incompletable and/or break my savegame. I will not send bug reports to meandraco.gamedev when I use the debug tools because Meandraco doesn't want to spend hours looking for bugs that are caused by irresponsible use of the debug tools. I have also read this whole thing because I also know I have to delete this sentence and the first sentence to make the debug tools actually work, I'm not stupid."

I also opened that file and I'm honestly confused on how to do... Anything? It says to make the file and copy the text, but it's already in that area with the exact text.

Reactions: Depthhound

LordMilitus

Mar 12, 2020
"I have to make a txt filed named "debug_functions_plz" into the game's "database" folder and copy this whole text into it. I want the debug functions, but I recognize that when I use these tools designed for content creation, I might very likely break the dialogue scripting and render quest lines incompletable and/or break my savegame. I will not send bug reports to meandraco.gamedev when I use the debug tools because Meandraco doesn't want to spend hours looking for bugs that are caused by irresponsible use of the debug tools. I have also read this whole thing because I also know I have to delete this sentence and the first sentence to make the debug tools actually work, I'm not stupid."
Damn, I guess I really am stupid. x)

I did that, ending in

"I want the debug functions, but I recognize that when I use these tools designed for content creation, I might very likely break the dialogue scripting and render quest lines incompletable and/or break my savegame. I will not send bug reports to meandraco.gamedev@gmail.com when I use the debug tools because Meandraco doesn't want to spend hours looking for bugs that are caused by irresponsible use of the debug tools."
However, I still don't see anything in the game like a debug menu. I'm really sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult or willfully ignorant. I really like this game.

Edit: What of the cheat engine that was mentioned?

gavman3

Sep 12, 2020
You should be able to ctrl+d after the starting bit.

I don't know about the cheat engine, but its probably the one that's used for most games

Reactions: LordMilitus

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017

Cheat engine is a third party program to edit values in single player games, if you don't know how to use it, I suggest to not skip tutorial, which will launch with a program. After you will get comfortable with it, you can edit 18 points in a character creation screen, until you get every stat to 10.

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
I never used cheat engine, after I'd made a bunch of characters and tried different approaches, I decided it was time to "just go crazy", I just edited every value in every text file to display all options at lowest values and removed any flags to hide options if you're too high/low level then made a char with that. Took forever and broke some things (such as having to add an extra prompt for how much effort you put into catching the dagger and stuff like that) and had to fix them a couple times but it worked, lol.

Last edited:

Hargas

Jan 21, 2018
Alright, coming in to pour more oil onto the fire...

I understand that people here are passionate about the game and are frustrated about the lack of slow development, however some are way too personally invested and way too bitter about all of this. Can't we all just ignore this thread until the next update comes in? If there was a genuine discussion going on here I'd understand the activity, but since nothing has happened for years, I just log in, check for any activity, and then leave and go check other games. Teraurge isn't the only good game on F95, and if y'all are so desperate about more content, just ask for male on alien commissions or twitter or whatever. Or go the extra mile and try to organize a small dev team to make a small terato VN. With all the people lurking on this thread I'm sure we can make at least something that won't infect my PC and corrupt all my files lol.

With all that said, while it's pointless to argue and get bitter over a fucking video game... I can't help but stay skeptic over how poorly MD has cared about the communication around his game. Do we have any actual evidence of any actual progress on Teraurge? I've seen the screenshots of the messages on Discord and the folders flying around here, but can we say for sure that MD hasn't created those folders on a whim and just said "well I'll just screen this and send it to them, that will make them shup up for a while"? Do we have any actual screenshot of the actual progress made in the editor, or a 5-second gif of some characters interacting with one another?

Some defenders here are gonna say "Well MD said he was working on it so we have to take his word for it", and yeah, he has told us he was making progress, but he has never shown us any progress, apart from the map of the overworld that got roughly completed (a few years back, mind you). The closest I've seen that might act as a proof is a short gif on his twitter where he showcased the new movement system, and that was enough to shup up the dissidents at the time. We don't need more, just actual, concrete proof that really wouldn't take long to set up.

So until then, I'll just keep a safe distance from this game to avoid being dissapointed when the actual release doesn't live up to the hype it got. It's a great game, but I'm not gonna die if it is cancelled, I'll just do something else.
its been 4 years with no update. he obviously isn't actually working on it. constantly does drawing streams though.

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes