Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
I bet if the support for his patreon would go down, Draco would start posting updates more often. Somebody just posted a few words on his blog about "fans being too nice" and the cursed "take your time"... gotta say, I agree with that.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I bet if the support for his patreon would go down, Draco would start posting updates more often. Somebody just posted a few words on his blog about "fans being too nice" and the cursed "take your time"... gotta say, I agree with that.
He's a perfectionist, and he makes his money from doing those art streams, which is mostly what the patron is for from what I recall.

Decckar

Aug 24, 2017
Considering this isn't even his secondary focus, as far as I'm aware? No probably not, if anything it would likely even further decrease his work on Teraurge.

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
He's a perfectionist, and he makes his money from doing those art streams, which is mostly what the patron is for from what I recall.
That's a very subjective view on things, don't you think? I was once his patreon too, but I supported him because of the game. And about these art streams, considering how often he does them... is it really that hard to post an update on his blog after the stream? I remember he said that it is hard to write an update or he doesn't know what to write. Just write "I've done this, this and this. Planning to do this, this and that". Is it really that hard?

Considering this isn't even his secondary focus, as far as I'm aware? No probably not, if anything it would likely even further decrease his work on Teraurge.
I don't remember him ever saying that it was his secondary focus. What I do remember is that he described TU on FA as his main passion project, which he planned to create for years. Did I miss something or did he lost his passion for it and began to back down on his own words?

Reactions: Chainjailhunter

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
That's a very subjective view on things, don't you think? I was once his patreon too, but I supported him because of the game. And about these art streams, considering how often he does them... is it really that hard to post an update on his blog after the stream? I remember he said that it is hard to write an update or he doesn't know what to write. Just write "I've done this, this and this. Planning to do this, this and that". Is it really that hard?
I wouldn't say that it is subjective, since it is based on the facts we can observe, however with the lower amount of meaningful post, and the less content in them, as well as his clear focus on art streams, I'd say it's self evident.
You were his Patreon, but people like you are clearly mostly gone, and his patron post all seem to have to do with the streams, therefore any other conclusion would be baseless.

Apr 22, 2018
There are mods?
Yeah this game is moddable, mostly in the sense that you can extend/replace dialogue. Create new scenes, new characters, new weapons, and attacks. However, since you don't have access to the game code, you can't add new mechanics (yet..., I'm looking into seeing if you can decompile the swf file, add new/extend code and then recompile it).

I am currently working on one such mod, but it's far from releasable. Basically I'm extending the available options for all the encounters/npcs available. Simply working on them one at a time. I began by simply making grammar changes that I felt made more logical sense, then a friend asked me to add a kink of his to a sex scene and it grew from there.

Currently the character I am working on is the ever adorable Subni, and once I'm done with her I may look into releasing it here as a proof of concept mod as I move onto more NPCs/encounters.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Yeah this game is moddable, mostly in the sense that you can extend/replace dialogue. Create new scenes, new characters, new weapons, and attacks. However, since you don't have access to the game code, you can't add new mechanics (yet..., I'm looking into seeing if you can decompile the swf file, add new/extend code and then recompile it).

I am currently working on one such mod, but it's far from releasable. Basically I'm extending the available options for all the encounters/npcs available. Simply working on them one at a time. I began by simply making grammar changes that I felt made more logical sense, then a friend asked me to add a kink of his to a sex scene and it grew from there.

Currently the character I am working on is the ever adorable Subni, and once I'm done with her I may look into releasing it here as a proof of concept mod as I move onto more NPCs/encounters.
Let me know if you need help writing, note I prefer to write gay content, but I'm not too sure what you'd need format wise.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Yeah this game is moddable, ...
The language for writing scenes is already pretty extensive, as long as you're willing to work with the more advanced parts of it, you can basically make any content, as long as it doesn't involve adding a non-text minigame or an image in an unconventional spot. The wiki gives a good idea how each of the language functions works, I would know, I converted most of them to JavaScript.

Apr 22, 2018
The language for writing scenes is already pretty extensive, as long as you're willing to work with the more advanced parts of it, you can basically make any content, as long as it doesn't involve adding a non-text minigame or an image in an unconventional spot. The wiki gives a good idea how each of the language functions works, I would know, I converted most of them to JavaScript.
Yeah I know it's pretty intensive, like I said I've already edited a lot of the scenes, and added a few new sex scenes (minus the graphics for them) and made it possible to repeat sex with Subni. And what do you mean by converted it to JavaScript? Did you just write functions that do the same thing but in JavaScript or did you actually write a wrapper for the tu_dialogue syntax?

Let me know if you need help writing, note I prefer to write gay content, but I'm not too sure what you'd need format wise.
Will do once I reach the male character, my friend likes that slug guy and wants to add more options to him, so I guess once I'm done with Subni he would be the next one I work on.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
Its written from the ground up, it works like a standalone website version that you can run locally. I built it when the previous release came, but I stopped because I wanted to wait with the GUI stuff until the update since MD said that would be changing, but maybe I should just finish it regardless

Apr 22, 2018
Ah, interesting. I get what you mean by waiting on it though, you may as well finish cuz I don't think he's gonna be releasing 3.0 anytime this year if I'm being honest. It's why I'm working on the mod now, because extra content can be fun.

Apr 22, 2018
Wow, reading into the wiki you're right, it wouldn't actually be the most difficult thing in the world to convert this to a completely different language, time consuming yes, but not actually that hard considering the game is almost purely data-driven. In fact that could allow for better extension than what he/she currently has now. Though I'd assume they wouldn't like a project like that floating around for copyright reasons and they themselves probably wouldn't make their code open source.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
I have green light from MD as long as I don't involve money in my JS project. Id be willing to support mod content if I were to finish the project. I didn't actually spend a lot of time on conversion, most of the time was figuring out how to re-create systems like the image layering system

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
, its mostly playable apart from the shop and battle system, which would require a different interface. Currently, I'm working on having the game load in assets before they need to be drawn, which would result in less lag. I had the software on github for a while so people could add improvements, but due to lack of interest from players and the fact that github has rules against this project I abandoned that.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Here's a link to the current version, its mostly playable apart from the shop and battle system, which would require a different interface. Currently, I'm working on having the game load in assets before they need to be drawn, which would result in less lag. I had the software on github for a while so people could add improvements, but due to lack of interest from players and the fact that github has rules against this project I abandoned that.
Wow, very interesting definitely going to give it a look. With this it's possible to convert the game into an Electron App, which higher memory requirements aside, could be pretty cool. Though I will be honest the decision to convert the regular text files into javascript is a strange one. I get that you don't have the source code, but instead I'd of written a parser for them, especially considering you basically had to write the game again from scratch.

jinsoul

Mar 19, 2020

will there be the missing anal scene for naigad?

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes