fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
convert the regular text files into javascript is a strange one.
Its actually a browser limitation. The only way you're allowed to import files from disk into JavaScript environment in a default browser is to have the HTML read and execute the file (this is why all files save a variable, so they can be used by the other scripts).

The same problem happens with images. You're not allowed to know things about the images you import using HTML, because else you could make a JS script that steals all the images from user's computers. I solved that by just using HTML+CSS to get the images how I want them.

I have created a parser that converts the text files offline, alternatively you could run a server to do the work instead. The site should be pretty efficient, because it only loads in assets when it needs them for a scene, although it seems inefficient because I have yet to make it get the data one step ahead of the player.

EDIT: Also, turns out I had some develop stuff on at the version I sent, so it didn't work, I removed that so if you redownload it should work by simply opening the html file with a browser

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
I should clarify I get why you need to make them JavaScript files. I for some reason was expecting a nodejs project where that’s possible. Seeing that’s not the case it does make sense that it is set up the way that it is.

Apr 22, 2018
will there be the missing anal scene for naigad?
Depends? If it’s missing in the sense that it is there in the dialogue and just not used, then yeah I can add it back in. If I need to write it from scratch then it won’t be whatever MD had in mind, but i try to keep everyone in character. Also note that this girl ain’t an artist, so you’ll just have to deal with no new scenes and pure dialogue. But we’ll see when I reach that character for now to keep everything manageable I’m doing one character at a time starting with my favorites, then a friend’s favorites.

Apr 22, 2018
Ah, I see that there is at least an anal scene drawn for Naigad. But looking at her face she doesn't seem to enjoy it, so I'll think about making it: Non-consensual, consensual but anal virgin, etc.

I want to try and keep everything in character, after all one of the goals of my mod is to make it feel like a dialogue expansion rather than character re-writes.

baoka

Sep 7, 2017
That's a very subjective view on things, don't you think? I was once his patreon too, but I supported him because of the game. And about these art streams, considering how often he does them... is it really that hard to post an update on his blog after the stream? I remember he said that it is hard to write an update or he doesn't know what to write. Just write "I've done this, this and this. Planning to do this, this and that". Is it really that hard?
Very subjective. So subjective one person sees a perfectionist and others see a dead game.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
So in the end, with the exception of some people trying to re-make the game, in the end the game is mostly dead right? Because the last version is old as fuck, meandraco never said when the new version will be released, and i always just see him drawing stuff but i never saw him doing anything besides that, i stopped following him in the beginning of 2020, so thats why i'm asking.

NeoCreature

Jan 16, 2018
So in the end, with the exception of some people trying to re-make the game, in the end the game is mostly dead right? Because the last version is old as fuck, meandraco never said when the new version will be released, and i always just see him drawing stuff but i never saw him doing anything besides that, i stopped following him in the beginning of 2020, so thats why i'm asking.
On his blog he wrote in his end of 2020 post that he's still working on V3 and "can hopefully deliver it in the coming year".

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
On his blog he wrote in his end of 2020 post that he's still working on V3 and "can hopefully deliver it in the coming year".
Well...not being a cunt, but he is working in the update for almost 2 years...so i don't believe that this year he will deliver anything, IF he will deliver anything at all...if you get some devs that are working solo, making both art and the game itself, the most "slow" ones deliver an update every 4/5 months (unless some cases, where they are milking patreons). His art is really good, but she should get someone to make the programing and story part, at this point, he is more a streamer than a developer of the game.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
A large part of me wishes ne never tried to remake the game systems. The game already played perfectly fine, at least to me, while the subject matter is so niche and hard to find content for. I still keep tabs on the project and hope.
Same, would rather he just spent time to think of more uses for those abilities, rather then gutting them and rebalancing everything.

Reactions: Cheru and AlexTorch

Ducksssss

Feb 13, 2021
There was an abilities rework? Current system is a little weird but functional, except for this one constant inventory bug. I really don't see any reason why the dev would be unable to bugfix a little then just add copious amount of content on top, if they wanted to that it. This game has so much unique style and potential and yet it's practically abandoned.

BigChiefLeaf

May 8, 2017
Thank you so much everyone! Hopefully, in the coming weeks I'll be able to get some artwork into the game with mods. Honestly if anyone wants to code some ambitious expansion for this game and needs art then just let me know, I'd be more than happy to help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Easter Island Moai

Cephalon Lewd

Mar 17, 2021
Thank you so much everyone! Hopefully, in the coming weeks I'll be able to get some artwork into the game with mods. Honestly if anyone wants to code some ambitious expansion for this game and needs art then just let me know, I'd be more than happy to help!
For the niche content the game covers, it has gathered a surprising amount of creative folk that wish to help out or make mods for it. The problem is the moment an update drops in the incoming years, all of that will most likely break with how the V3 is supposed to rework a bunch of stuff.

I'd be personally interested in helping out with an expansion, but again, it's probably best to wait for V3. After that there will be a couple of years before the mod breaks at the very least.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Here's a link to the current version, its mostly playable apart from the shop and battle system, which would require a different interface. Currently, I'm working on having the game load in assets before they need to be drawn, which would result in less lag. I had the software on github for a while so people could add improvements, but due to lack of interest from players and the fact that github has rules against this project I abandoned that.
Store only code there, just provide link assets in readme.md.
After all, there are dick drawing neural net on it and nobody seems to care much about it

• Haha
Reactions: inshaderwetrust

Meandraco

Apr 13, 2018
Nice job on the art. Did you use Painter? Also anyone adding things to characters might want to consider separating any new writing into a separate txt file and using "change_diag_file" function to access them. Having most of the new stuff in a separate file will save you a lot of headache reintegrating your writing into a new version.

And yes, still working on the game. I'm just bad with blogposts.

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes