BigChiefLeaf

May 8, 2017
For the niche content the game covers, it has gathered a surprising amount of creative folk that wish to help out or make mods for it. The problem is the moment an update drops in the incoming years, all of that will most likely break with how the V3 is supposed to rework a bunch of stuff.

I'd be personally interested in helping out with an expansion, but again, it's probably best to wait for V3. After that there will be a couple of years before the mod breaks at the very least.
100% agree! But then again that's exactly why I'd love to make the content, because it's so niche. I don't think there's a single other game that's like this, but the game is stuck at a stalemate for 2 years now, and people want more content. Even a small mod would do wanders for the community as they'd have something to sink their teeth into.

I'm also pretty worried that once the update IS released, the updates would come more frequently, making it harder and harder for people to make mods themselves. I honestly just wanna see this game thrive!

Reactions: Syljon

BigChiefLeaf

May 8, 2017
Nice job on the art. Did you use Painter? Also anyone adding things to characters might want to consider separating any new writing into a separate txt file and using "change_diag_file" function to access them. Having most of the new stuff in a separate file will save you a lot of headache reintegrating your writing into a new version.

And yes, still working on the game. I'm just bad with blogposts.
Yeah I used painter, 2019 in fact because the new features just don't seem worth it to me. Really love your game dude keep on truckin!

Cephalon Lewd

Mar 17, 2021
100% agree! But then again that's exactly why I'd love to make the content, because it's so niche. I don't think there's a single other game that's like this, but the game is stuck at a stalemate for 2 years now, and people want more content. Even a small mod would do wanders for the community as they'd have something to sink their teeth into.

I'm also pretty worried that once the update IS released, the updates would come more frequently, making it harder and harder for people to make mods themselves. I honestly just wanna see this game thrive!
You should join the Discord server, lots of creative folk there that I'm sure would be interested in doing something for the game. That's how MD found out about your art as well.

Reactions: BigChiefLeaf
Aug 4, 2017
Nice job on the art. Did you use Painter? Also anyone adding things to characters might want to consider separating any new writing into a separate txt file and using "change_diag_file" function to access them. Having most of the new stuff in a separate file will save you a lot of headache reintegrating your writing into a new version.

And yes, still working on the game. I'm just bad with blogposts.
Hey MD while we know you don't like writing blogs, we would greatly appreciate it if you at least give us more detailed updates on teraurge development. Something like what is done and not done yet for V3. If your having trouble with anything regarding the games development maybe fans can help out. Because a lot of people are growing increasingly concerned about the lack of communication between you and your fans about the next update and so far your streams have been giving the appearance that you've been focusing mostly on concept art and not much else. I hope you don't take this the wrong way and consider being a little more transparent about what's been going on.

Jan 28, 2020
I'm just as excited for V3 like the rest of you, but please don't set your expectations too high.

I'll point to these two in particular in case anybody isn't in the know about what MD's planning to add.

Meandraco said:
How much more explorable area in V3?
On the world map there is a small cluster of tiny islands above the peninsula which will become accessible. There will be something else as well that is not seen on the map.
Will Naigad return/have more content at some point in the future?
Yes. Not in V3.
How much of the update is going to be centered around the characters already in the game?
Half and half.
How big is V3?
Probably too small for people waiting for it, but too big for the person making it.
Based on the second and third entry, my prediction is that there will be around seven new characters in V3, one of them being Amnukhel. The current characters I think will get new content are Punflen (and a bit of Tornoth judging by Punflen's script), Vuisul, Bykkas, Sulie, and Noidu. Shyni and Tornoth's story are the most developed, so I doubt there will be anything substantial there. Subni and Nkaanmykiunsuns are explicitly stated to have left Taodal, so they're the least likely to have anything written about them. The rest, I'm not sure on.

Hey MD while we know you don't like writing blogs, we would greatly appreciate it if you at least give us more detailed updates on teraurge development. Something like what is done and not done yet for V3. If your having trouble with anything regarding the games development maybe fans can help out. Because a lot of people are growing increasingly concerned about the lack of communication between you and your fans about the next update and so far your streams have been giving the appearance that you've been focusing mostly on concept art and not much else. I hope you don't take this the wrong way and consider being a little more transparent about what's been going on.
He actually does address these in the FAQ:
Meandraco said:
When is the next version coming out?
When it's done. I've tried several times to make estimates for ETAs on the previous updates but they've all been terribly wrong. Because of this I've adopted stance of not giving ETAs to anyone. If someone says they know the release date, they're wrong. This is about practicality and stress management for me, so I'd rather keep things this way.

How much is done for the next version?
I don't know. If I knew, I could predict ETAs. Tasks vary in difficulty and my available time to work on them varies as well.

Can you show a preview from the next update?
Yes and no. I will only give out previews/teasers for content unrelated to the story or the characters, which includes code/UI/other improvements.

Why don't you do content previews?
I don't like giving out spoilers of any kind.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
For the niche content the game covers, it has gathered a surprising amount of creative folk that wish to help out or make mods for it. The problem is the moment an update drops in the incoming years, all of that will most likely break with how the V3 is supposed to rework a bunch of stuff.

I'd be personally interested in helping out with an expansion, but again, it's probably best to wait for V3. After that there will be a couple of years before the mod breaks at the very least.
This assume after all this time, that V3 comes out, which isn't a guaranty

Blackmars

Dec 4, 2017
I am going to be honest as a coomer this game really isnt that big of a deal for me. Well it is and it isnt. Meandraco is doing good work and made a game for a fetish that I never thought would get a game. If I ever really want to I can revisit. I wouldnt even get mad at the people getting snippy. I think its a phase for being a fan of such good content. I mean this is better than waiting for an Andre 3000 album.

Edit: I actually am less interested in V3 which I know will be wonderful whenever its made and more the mod/community spawned from this. I might be wrong but I feel like Fenexo spawned a whole movement of games like CoC. We need more games spawned from meandraco's lineage.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Have guns been confirmed to be added later on? Honestly don't see how you can defeat some of the monsters in the later preview without some serious firepower. My caveman club can only take you so far.

TheGodEmpress

Feb 25, 2021
I didn't want to post here because i'm sure its been asked A LOT but i can't seem to find a answer...

you see when trying to boot up the game i get this
1617054146474.png

so i go looking for Adobe Air so i can play this..

so i go to

but it redirects to a blog that looks like this
1617054271107.png

So i'm at a loss...

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
I didn't want to post here because i'm sure its been asked A LOT but i can't seem to find a answer...
Adobe AIR was technically discontinued, which is why you can't get it from the website anymore.
Thankfully, the game now comes pre-packaged with an installer for AIR.

84394083290.png

Run the executable, install AIR, and you'll be good to go.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Have guns been confirmed to be added later on? Honestly don't see how you can defeat some of the monsters in the later preview without some serious firepower. My caveman club can only take you so far.
Spear is where it's at, that and just grapple it, pin it too the ground and fuck it

Reactions: TheGodEmpress
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes