crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Damn, I can't believe that an abandoned game is still getting development updates. How does a developer abandon but still work on it at the same time? Crazy stuff. Modern technology really enables all sorts of cool and crazy things.
Because the abandon tag was recently added due to the amount of time that has gone on since the last update. The dev is not really working on an expected time frame. The tag is not meant to be missleading, but it's not really designed to be 100% accurate in this case since the dev has nothing to do with them and mods can only really assume so at best. Most of us are hoping for a V3 release probably sometime this year.

Reactions: Default123x

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Everyone will get more stuff. I know that her content with ferals will be expanded.
MeanBean isn't really the type to measure how much content a type of MC has so I'd personally look forward to content quality instead of quantity. It "should" be more balanced, however.
FemPC got both Nkaan and Tornoth and those characters are exceptional imo. FemPC has vocal supporters on the discord, so if she gets the short end of the stick again, people will give feedback about it.
Good to know, thanks! At the end of the day I'll end up playing V3 as both genders anyway, but FemPC is a bit more of my jam so to speak. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Cheru

beertech

Jun 17, 2022
i cant seem to get out of the starting area, did i do somthing wrong? i can get past the sejan coast wall or sejan iron gate. pls help

Ano85

May 21, 2018

A gif of how the game currently runs.
MD said the player moves slower at night. It could have been a joke, you never know it with this man.
There was a checklist update too. We're getting closer.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
This is not ALL the things that remain. There's a lot of fiddle-diddle small stuff as well.

1659622813791.png

Last edited:

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020

A gif of how the game currently runs.
MD said the player moves slower at night. It could have been a joke, you never know it with this man.
There was a checklist update too. We're getting closer.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
This is not ALL the things that remain. There's a lot of fiddle-diddle small stuff as well.

View attachment 1964898
Damn, I've got heart problems and at this point with all the waiting I'm half expecting V3 to come out and I'll have a heart attack... still want V3.

oralcumshot2077

Jul 24, 2022
I don't think it's a joke. The player gets noticeably faster in that video right before entering Taodal

Damn, I've got heart problems and at this point with all the waiting I'm half expecting V3 to come out and I'll have a heart attack... still want V3.
Hang in there bud. I won't let anyone depart before seeing v3.

• Sad
Reactions: ObsidianShard

Ahip

Dec 23, 2017
I don't think it's a joke. The player gets noticeably faster in that video right before entering Taodal

Notice how the player speeds up slightly as he goes over the line, then slows down, then speeds back up as he returns to the line. I think that line is a path that will (as with others) need to be discovered and can be used for more efficient travelling around the map.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mister_Ferret

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
Wish something could be done about the "Abandoned" marker. I get why it's there but it's still disappointing to search "Teraurge" and the fourth link down on Google declares the game as abandoned. Could kill a lot of people's interest to just search the game and that's one of the first things they see before they even click any of the links. Hopefully everything works out for V3 soon enough and MD can get that blemish cleansed.

Last edited:

kep31

Sep 11, 2020
Wish something could be done about the "Abandoned" marker. I get why it's there but it's still disappointing to search "Teraurge" and the fourth link down on Google declares the game as abandoned. Could kill a lot of people's interest to just search the game and that's one of the first things they see before they even click any of the links. Hopefully everything works out for V3 soon enough and MD can get that blemish cleansed.

MD already personally responded to this thread and said the game is not abandoned ... i dont understand why this isnt sufficient to get the tag removed. I mean, what more than message from the developer himself do you need?

Aug 4, 2017
MD already personally responded to this thread and said the game is not abandoned ... i dont understand why this isnt sufficient to get the tag removed. I mean, what more than message from the developer himself do you need?
I've seen stuff like this before on this site. My guess is that there has to be an actual update for the game before the Abandoned Marker is removed.

Reactions: Cidoo

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Because there's a metric fuck ton of other games and threads to moderate, so mods likely don't have the time to read every post to see that a game is still in development even if enough time has gone by without an update. It's just easier to go off a time limit and move on to the next thread in that regard. Even taking the time to seeing if a developer, and vetting that they are indeed someone who works on the game, has posted that an update is in the works takes time to do. It's pretty simple and it's been explained already, by a mod no less, as I recall. It's not ideal, but then again ideal is usually quite rare.

Reactions: whitexwhite

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
I see no reason for such a drama over this tag. I watched over this project when MD first mentioned it on his FA page and there wasn't any map yet, so... for a long time.
This "abandoned" tag was expected, I honestly thought mods would whip it out a lot sooner. Given the slow progress update...

I've seen all kinds of people since then. And all kinds of excuses for MD. Especially those who foamed at their mouth that his patreon is just for his art and the game is just a passion project... even though his patreon description said otherwise. Don't know, maybe he changed it - haven't checked patreon page in more than a year.

I also see quite a lot of people claiming that v3 is gonna be a blast. Remember what MD himself said about v3? It's gonna be mostly UI and gameplay update, not content update. True, it's been awhile since then and MD might have changed his plans for it several times now. Still, I suggest you all to calm down, lest you create an ideal vision of v3 in your head... which the real one might not quite match. Just chill.

I check this thread once in a month or two. After all these years I have grown cold towards this project and I don't expect much from it. If it's gonna be good then great, if not... well, it's not the end of this world. Easier this way, plus I save on my sanity worrying over a game xD

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Eh, people are just excited for the game and I think that's fine. There really isn't a lot of games like Teraurge on this site, especially one that satisfies the niche of teratophilia to the degree that this does. From my admittedly limited understanding, there is suppose to be a fair amount of content added along with all the behind the scenes changes. I agree expectations should maybe be tempered, but I'm personally fine with the long wait and still as excited as I've always been.

Reactions: DegenerateLord

Ano85

May 21, 2018
We got the first look at the new combat system. It's writing-based with random rolls like it was mentioned before. The videos I linked show a simple niird fight so far with nothing too complicated. This is the script of the example fight:

1660302858910.png

Improvised environmental interactions are possible. Normal checks during combat are also possible, let's say trying to avoid falling into a hole after stumbling back from a heavy attack. It basically works like an extension of the dialogue system. You can talk during combat if the option is given.

There's also an "Upperhand" state that activates if one side rolls significantly better than the other, which is:
1660304159777.png

I really like the color scheme changes. A niird is normally pale white if you don't remember. The time of day makes them look a little different.

Last edited:

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
We got the first look at the new combat system. It's writing-based with random rolls like it was mentioned before. The videos I linked show a simple niird fight so far with nothing too complicated. This is the script of the example fight:

View attachment 1979859

Improvised environmental interactions are possible. Normal checks during combat are also possible, let's say trying to avoid falling into a hole after stumbling back from a heavy attack. It basically works like an extension of the dialogue system. You can talk during combat if the option is given.

There's also an "Upperhand" state that activates if one side rolls significantly better than the other, which is:
View attachment 1979893

I really like the color scheme changes. A niird is normally pale white if you don't remember. The time of day makes them look a little different.
Tbh I'll definitely miss the old combat system as the card/stat system worked pretty well for me (even if it was really exploitable) but as different as this looks I feel like it's only part of the picture. Either way, for me at least. I've already jumped off the patience cliff and am in free fall. I'll hit the bottom some day when MD releases v3 (or whatever distant future any other versions might be in) but I'll be satisfied whether there's a safety net or a pit of spikes at the bottom. I've gotten a lot of nice art out of just following MDs progress.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
I sincerely hope that people see the narrative potential the combat system brings. You're right about it being only a part of the whole thing. It's difficult to show off without being full spoilery.
I miss the old card system solely because it had the Pimp Hand.

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes