absolutefrogge

Jun 12, 2020
We got the first look at the new combat system. It's writing-based with random rolls like it was mentioned before. The videos I linked show a simple niird fight so far with nothing too complicated. This is the script of the example fight:

View attachment 1979859

Improvised environmental interactions are possible. Normal checks during combat are also possible, let's say trying to avoid falling into a hole after stumbling back from a heavy attack. It basically works like an extension of the dialogue system. You can talk during combat if the option is given.

There's also an "Upperhand" state that activates if one side rolls significantly better than the other, which is:
View attachment 1979893

I really like the color scheme changes. A niird is normally pale white if you don't remember. The time of day makes them look a little different.
Implementation of combat into narration sounds really promising, I suppose MD is about to go nuts on the writing
Really excited to see how he'll put it to use. Though I will truly miss the old battle system, at least because it wasn't mostly random. Having to depend on getting a good roll can get pretty annoying imo

Ano85

May 21, 2018
MD realized that the card combat felt like playing a game separate from TU and that it posed some serious narrative restrictions. So now the combat is basically an extension of the dialogue system.

He described the realization as an epiphany, so he's quite proud of his idea. I gotta say, I wouldn't have thought of this myself, I don't have a game designer brain (yet! I'll make my own game eventually).

Last edited:
May 25, 2022
So, its has been like three months since the release being schedule in three months, What is going on behind the development?, There is a clear idea about when will be released or is still undefined?

Ano85

May 21, 2018
So, its has been like three months since the release being schedule in three months, What is going on behind the development?, There is a clear idea about when will be released or is still undefined?
There was no release schedule. I think you misunderstood the testing phase for the actual release.

May 25, 2022
There was no release schedule. I think you misunderstood the testing phase for the actual release.
Damn, and I was mentally preparing myself to get the update in these weeks, the fault is on me!
The thing now is the remaining elements which seems like could take weeks or months, depending on how much is left to do... whatever, what is some months more compared with four years :Kappa:

Synamon

Aug 21, 2017
You know if you don't like it's taking for a hobby project to be moved to a new phase. You don't have to play it no one promised anything .

May 25, 2022
i mean the tag was inevitable due to inactivity, but the game is still being worked on
I'm still waiting for the next update, but for my mental health is better to see the game as abandoned, I know that is being in development currently but is so crazy the time from an update to the other that stupid scenarios like "All of this is a montage" or "The development is abandoned and we are being feed old cancel content" seems possible.

Anything is possible at this point and I prefer to think that everything is lost and if one day, one year the update drop, will be a pleasant surprise (y)

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I'm still waiting for the next update, but for my mental health is better to see the game as abandoned, I know that is being in development currently but is so crazy the time from an update to the other that stupid scenarios like "All of this is a montage" or "The development is abandoned and we are being feed old cancel content" seems possible.

Anything is possible at this point and I prefer to think that everything is lost and if one day, one year the update drop, will be a pleasant surprise (y)
That's probably the best way to look at it...plan for the worst and hope for the best. The dev will likely push another update due strictly on how much work seems to have already gone into what he's working on, but I get where people are with respects to not hedging their bets, especially given the environment we're in nowadays.

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes