4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
This is just me thinking out loud. It is just writing, that's easy, the biggest issue comes with the visuals. Every option you allow just increases the workload, so at some point it just becomes too unwieldy to work on. From TRS1 to TRS2 isn't bad as you either died or didn't simple as that, or had kids with 3 optional people. For everyone else it's just dialogue change between the status. So eventually you need a reboot or handing the torch to younger generation, so to say because tracking of all of those options just grows exponentially the more you use the same characters. And I'm not a fan of reboots.

So let's say hypothetically the next installment of Terminus Reach might feature 20 year time skip and Cade as the protagonist, somewhere in the galaxy. Just for example really as any theoretical continuation would be so many years off that it isn't really worth to think about too deeply. But as setting goes, it's flexible, it allows theoretically endless possibilities for story telling.

And so that it doesn't become me rambling about writing the whole time. Have pretty picture of Qivian...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Awww, and she's barefoot too! :devilish:

:whistle::coffee:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I imagine he has spreadsheets everywhere to keep track of the lore:LOL:.
For Terminus Reach, 5 notebooks and probably enough to fill 20 in my head. Granted, I haven't really opened those notebooks in some time, mostly because there hasn't been any need as I still remember all of it, for most parts. Only spreadsheet I have is to track the variables and certain characters attributes ;)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1652608971656.png

TRS2 Changelog, update 5

Changelog: Update 5

• Day 5 implemented
  • 485 renders
  • Implemented "save indicator" feature, more below.
  • Grammar, spelling, and other fixes (Thanks to Adry Lemon, Shaddy, and BryonSmothers3DX, Ravendarklocks, Bread_ (for earlier stuff).)
So the "save indicator", it is an opt-in feature found on the extra's tab in the preferences, named "save indicator". It only shows up if you don't have the walkthrough mod installed. And what does it do? When toggled on it will show an image in the top right corner of the screen indicating that the choice you are about to make will lead to "game over" either instantly or at a later date without possibility to remedy it. Currently only one such choice is on day 3 as shown in the example image.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1652609171485.png

Dev: ” Not really a spoiler since it doesn't relate anything that happens in the next update.
But Garrett being Garrett once again. ”

MC: ”But .. but boss .. you said and I quote : ”take heed” - this is me taking heed.
I am a father, got children to take care of , cannot ignore anyone unknown!”

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
The thread says update 5, yet all the links on OP are for update 4.

Besides I am not sure the official update 5 release has been made.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
above your post are compressed links.
I saw that. But I still do not think it has been officially released. Talothral is pretty good at making timely releases and announcing them. But it seems that it is leaked here a week or 2 before he officially releases it to the public.

Reactions: tk99

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I saw that. But I still do not think it has been officially released. Talothral is pretty good at making timely releases and announcing them. But it seems that it is leaked here a week or 2 before he officially releases it to the public.
yea it does that, no official yet

Nyasar

Dec 30, 2019
Nice, love the story of the first one. But felt there are some missing part that need more exploring.
Can't wait

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Why post an update everywhere if it isn't officially available for everyone?
Because this is a Pirate Website. Nothing official about this website. Also the Compressed Versions got updated, not the uncompressed.

Reactions: sava75

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
Update 5 already? Jeez man you shit these updates out so fast, wish all devs were at this pace. I loved the first one (may replay it just b/c I found out I missed knocking one of the aliens up), just starting Sorcerer and have this to look forward to... though maybe I'll take the same approach as with Sorcerer and wait for it to be completed. It wouldn't take longer than a single update some other devs put out in the same time period :ROFLMAO:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
It is always a treat when this game (or any by Talotral) is updated, loving it as always, also I love seeing that at each game we get more customization options on the menu, although I would be satisfied with textbox opacity and the dialogue outline everything else is highly apreciated.

Reactions: ItsNotMeToo
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes