4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Will i be able to kiss any of the aliens? i'm aware i can't with Zae'na, so what about Naelae and Qivian? Mmmm especially Qivian :sneaky:
Did you play the First Terminus Reach: Sentinel? If not, I would suggest doing that first, should answer a lot of your questions.

Reactions: Vanderer

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest via Patreon.

Monday. Already, the weekend is kind of a blur and apparently I've pushed out 150 renders over the weekend. Not exactly sure when or how did that happen at the moment.
So yeah, rendering, you can tell I'm behind my schedule for two days, but it is what it is, I have about one and half scenes left to do. Shouldn't be too complex over all since it's talking mostly. And no, I haven't cut any content. While it's tempting just to make it easier for my mind, but no, that's the cheap way out. But not long until the rendering is done.
Writing, heading to day 10, although I have to read what I've written previously as said, the weekend is a bit blurry. And no, I'm fine, it's just how I react to stress. Although again there is nothing to stress about but you know how it is.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For some reason this image resonated with me, it's not a serious scene or anything as is. But the image, Chiel's pose, Garrett's pose... Sage saying stuff, it is just right. Can't really explain it just like everything came together as it was meant to be, and I don't really plan these scenes or images into any detail, I mean frequent scene description is "and stuff happens". Everything goes with the flow, I put the actors in place and then they just come alive in a sense. It's a bit weird to explain.

lolzw00t

Sep 12, 2021
I still feel such satisfaction from the story of the first part now dling this one cant wait for a continuation this is a beautiful world you have created through your story telling <3 Never stop!

Reactions: Talothral

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
trilogy is max, otherwise it gets tedious.
Depends on how its done and being the fan of the Dev ever since TRS 1 the writing does justice to the genre and its world. I recently played TRS 1 again before starting TRS 2 and it still felt fresh, and TRS 1 is a well contained story which takes place mainly inside sentinel with some glimpses of the world beyond, but after the events of TRS 1 it kinda put the station on the Map, and the scope got bigger in TRS 2 and with Terraforming a new planet going on i think the story can be expanded however the Dev wishes since the world of sentinel allows it.
There's also a prequel written but i read somewhere that the Dev don't wanna make it since its too dark but if anything i don't see TRS getting tedious anytime sooner. But as evident from TRS 1 the Dev may take a break to make other games before returning to the TRS i guess. But nevertheless i can't get enough of TRS and its characters :)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
This is just me thinking out loud. It is just writing, that's easy, the biggest issue comes with the visuals. Every option you allow just increases the workload, so at some point it just becomes too unwieldy to work on. From TRS1 to TRS2 isn't bad as you either died or didn't simple as that, or had kids with 3 optional people. For everyone else it's just dialogue change between the status. So eventually you need a reboot or handing the torch to younger generation, so to say because tracking of all of those options just grows exponentially the more you use the same characters. And I'm not a fan of reboots.

So let's say hypothetically the next installment of Terminus Reach might feature 20 year time skip and Cade as the protagonist, somewhere in the galaxy. Just for example really as any theoretical continuation would be so many years off that it isn't really worth to think about too deeply. But as setting goes, it's flexible, it allows theoretically endless possibilities for story telling.

And so that it doesn't become me rambling about writing the whole time. Have pretty picture of Qivian...

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
This is just me thinking out loud. It is just writing, that's easy, the biggest issue comes with the visuals. Every option you allow just increases the workload, so at some point it just becomes too unwieldy to work on. From TRS1 to TRS2 isn't bad as you either died or didn't simple as that, or had kids with 3 optional people. For everyone else it's just dialogue change between the status. So eventually you need a reboot or handing the torch to younger generation, so to say because tracking of all of those options just grows exponentially the more you use the same characters. And I'm not a fan of reboots.

So let's say hypothetically the next installment of Terminus Reach might feature 20 year time skip and Cade as the protagonist, somewhere in the galaxy. Just for example really as any theoretical continuation would be so many years off that it isn't really worth to think about too deeply. But as setting goes, it's flexible, it allows theoretically endless possibilities for story telling.

And so that it doesn't become me rambling about writing the whole time. Have pretty picture of Qivian...

Is this is another assist from the scientists of the Mevaar Star Empire? Bless their love for creating new life if it is, if not then I am looking forward to finding out how to get my favourite Matriarch with child.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Is this is another assist from the scientists of the Mevaar Star Empire? Bless their love for creating new life if it is, if not then I am looking forward to finding out how to get my favourite Matriarch with child.
A bit of that, a little bit of something else, and probably dash of mad science. It isn't exactly anything that hasn't done before, but it isn't going to be easy.

Reactions: DMon1981

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
A bit of that, a little bit of something else, and probably dash of mad science. It isn't exactly anything that hasn't done before, but it isn't going to be easy.
It was always my hope to get the other races who were not in the MC's genetic makeup, knocked up.

Thank you Talothral. You are a legend.

MonkeyZero

Nov 6, 2017
I am sorry i missed this one in part one. But damn I'm not missing it any more.

Good job dev, Loved the first and the second looks like it's getting better.

Miss that I could rename the MC in the first one, but it's a small price.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
would be very short reply to question about what races mc hasn't in his genetics.
Of the races we know of, the Matriarch's race is one that is not in his genes. I don't remember that race with that creepy touchy dude, I think think that race isn't there either. He does have genes of mysterious race and a supposed dead race.

Did you read the first one?

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
IIRC Garett's genes are made up of human, elai, mevaar, ot'ai and the supposed dead races genetic material.
Don't reacall a sixth race, but there is a fairly big chance that I'm misremebering, it's been a while since I played the first one.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
IIRC Garett's genes are made up of human, elai, mevaar, ot'ai and the supposed dead races genetic material.
Don't reacall a sixth race, but there is a fairly big chance that I'm misremebering, it's been a while since I played the first one.
Five species. Human, Elai, Mevaar, Khelizan (dead) and unknown (presumed dead). However! Khelizian is the genetic progenitor for Mevaar, Ot'ai and Scriz’iel, which allows the two others to be a genetic match fairly easily, bit harder than Mevaar since he straight up has their genetic markers.

Ultimately, the act of allowing others is creating another hybrid species. It isn't impossible to do, but it isn't going to be easy either. The MC was obviously successful creation, so was Natalie. And there are others, some natural some not so much.

The presumed dead part is just they haven't found any living members of the species, nothing more, nothing less, I think I did even say that in the first one, forgot been a while.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is not like the center of the universe. We only got one clan open a club to keep check on the princess,
that just turned into a dumpsterfire and all of a sudden, with wraith openly now running the station,
crime is at one all time high with all these new compartments popping up all around.
Ciel has been getting schematics for quite some time now and with their combined brain power, sure they could
build a mind scape of their own where all of those schematics were put together.
Wraith feels more like pheonix levels of mind power, so way above the short time stops of exavier.
Couple it with all the matrix was able to do with primitive computing, we should start looking at cerebro levels
of mind bonding happening with all of those children with his abilities, not to mention his genetic melange.
MC should embrace the hive mind even just to see the the power of mind to mind communication and knowledge transfer.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Five species. Human, Elai, Mevaar, Khelizan (dead) and unknown (presumed dead). However! Khelizian is the genetic progenitor for Mevaar, Ot'ai and Scriz’iel, which allows the two others to be a genetic match fairly easily, bit harder than Mevaar since he straight up has their genetic markers.

Ultimately, the act of allowing others is creating another hybrid species. It isn't impossible to do, but it isn't going to be easy either. The MC was obviously successful creation, so was Natalie. And there are others, some natural some not so much.

The presumed dead part is just they haven't found any living members of the species, nothing more, nothing less, I think I did even say that in the first one, forgot been a while.
Thanks for clearing that up:).

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes