4.30 star(s) 29 Votes

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Friday and progress, hmmm...

Yeah I've made progress alright I'm where I need to be on all fronts really.... and that's it? No? Bit longer you say? Sure!

Rendering has gone smoothly for most parts, changed few things around because it made more sense that way. Building is eating bit time but I'm have most of the "most used sets" done, I think, so far anyway. And I'm around half way which is where I should be around this time so all good for most parts.

Writing is on schedule to finish the Day 8 this week, assuming I won't get distracted or stare at the screen for few hours because reasons, which both is bound to happen. And while I would want it to be done this week luckily I'm not in that big of a rush with it since as long as I finish before the rendering is done for day 4 I'm good.

0400045.png

And it's Nadia's time to make a comeback to the TR verse... Her hair changed from what it was, and I like it in all honesty. This day has been amusing sort of, not many images I could show here so far for various reasons.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
quality update again, funnies and story advancing and mc being asshole as usual. prequel to tsr1 would be be nice but don't dev wants to do it.

scrshots:

1. not sure what txt is supposed to say, rest are just funnies.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0013.png screenshot0014.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
How the hell is there "are" in that sentence?
Code:
JONES "I don't know what you've done, but we see less and less unregistered psionics leaving."
Curious...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
How the hell is there "are" in that sentence?
Code:
JONES "I don't know what you've done, but we see less and less unregistered psionics leaving."
Curious...
don't ask us, its your game. :p

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I like the update. But the new doc you introduced is just begging to join the harem.

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
I like periodic mini background scenes (stories? acts?) that happen and don't always catch until the second play through. They provide me many laughs.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Bleh. That's what the weekend was... bleh!

So how things are going? Renders are on schedule more or less, had some annoyances but nothing too drastic, mostly because the originally written scene didn't work with the set so I had to rebuild the set to something else and then just improvise the scene. Not my favorite thing to do as it takes time from everything else but it got done, and fairly happy about the scene.

And because of that random improvisation writing was stalled, not too badly though just didn't finish when I wanted. Eh such is life, still going to finish it before the update is done so I'm happy with it. I'll probably start Day 9 on Wednesday or Thursday, depends does my brain need some time off from writing or not.

Although it's the normal spring time blues for me, more light, more warm, more tired I am so my most creative period is between 3 AM and 6 AM mostly, problem with that is that I still need to adhere normal "business hours" when dealing with things so I can't permanently shift my sleeping pattern to suit that. What can I say, I like winter, it's cool and dark easier to focus on things.

Anyway, there are few new characters popping up, she is one of them. Siren. She is bit weirdly gated character overall, but all that is woven pretty tightly into story itself. And yes this part of the game deals mostly with people who are already known, with some new faces. Going forward there are more unknowns and aliens about just need to get the story lines out there with familiar people.

The second one is Claissa, as you can see from the resemblance she is Chiel's mother. Although she has only one appearance written, but eh, there will always be support characters when you write a story.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Having more advanced species as friends does have some benefits, like upgraded holographic technology. And makes it harder for psionics to cheat since holographic targets are more or less immune to telekinetics. >.>

Seriously though, some of the stuff I'm able to do now was supposed to be in TRS1, at least according to the original text, but unfortunately, something has to give when you have 6 GB of VRAM and 16 GB of RAM at your usage when they were supposed to first appear, especially when one chose a quite heavy style for the graphics (ie 3rd person). Nor it doesn't help that I'm more or less a fan of keeping certain things consistent within a singular project so no random upgrades that I can't explain easily. It's one of the reasons why I chose to do 5 year time skip instead of continuing instantly, as it allows a bit more natural explanation of why there are some technical improvements.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Having more advanced species as friends does have some benefits, like upgraded holographic technology. And makes it harder for psionics to cheat since holographic targets are more or less immune to telekinetics. >.>

Seriously though, some of the stuff I'm able to do now was supposed to be in TRS1, at least according to the original text, but unfortunately, something has to give when you have 6 GB of VRAM and 16 GB of RAM at your usage when they were supposed to first appear, especially when one chose a quite heavy style for the graphics (ie 3rd person). Nor it doesn't help that I'm more or less a fan of keeping certain things consistent within a singular project so no random upgrades that I can't explain easily. It's one of the reasons why I chose to do 5 year time skip instead of continuing instantly, as it allows a bit more natural explanation of why there are some technical improvements.
I don't know what your rig is nor do I know what your budget is. But when I got my settlement, I went to Spent little over 5k on my Rig, knowing that it will be my entertainment/sanity machine for next 20yrs for me. (As you know, the spinal injury/heart injury).

They have Top Quality systems, it may help you out with your work. My Rig is a AMD Ryzem 5900X 12-Core. 64 Gig RAM, RTX 3080 Nvidia Card. 2 TB M.2 SSD. Among other things, was 5k(plus tax). They don't use shoddy parts, they always have top tier of parts for what they use(As in if it's a 3080 Nvidia, they don't use lesser quality cheaper ones).

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I don't know what your rig is nor do I know what your budget is. But when I got my settlement, I went to Spent little over 5k on my Rig, knowing that it will be my entertainment/sanity machine for next 20yrs for me. (As you know, the spinal injury/heart injury).

They have Top Quality systems, it may help you out with your work. My Rig is a AMD Ryzem 5900X 12-Core. 64 Gig RAM, RTX 3080 Nvidia Card. 2 TB M.2 SSD. Among other things, was 5k(plus tax). They don't use shoddy parts, they always have top tier of parts for what they use(As in if it's a 3080 Nvidia, they don't use lesser quality cheaper ones).
Yeah, my rig is fine. It isn't the same as it was when I started with TRS1 (the specs in the previous post), it's much better. Besides, I build my own rigs, cheaper, and I know exactly what goes in them.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021

Hello good people! It's Friday and it means it's time to do some sort of progress post!

So writing of Day 9 has started yay, it seems that I got out of that weird funky feeling I had towards writing in the past few weeks. Well it's the spring time, more light etc. Not going to say it will go faster now as the mood ebbs and flows but I should be able to produce something in more steady pace. But I knew it was going to pass eventually just was quicker now than it has been in the past.

As for rendering, I'm rendering final talking scene then making proofreading build. Which should be up tonight, and then just render the final scene with Chiel. That won't need proofreading because, you know, Chiel. And post work, ton of post work, bleh. Well not that much really.

So yeah getting there, probably right on the schedule I've set my self. Again that probably isn't anything surprising either.

And thus we return to Mevaar to discuss things. Also I guess this is a good time to mention that one of the choices on Day 3 will cause game over on day 6, and unlike in Sorcerer there isn't going to be "whops you messed up, wanna try again?" screens. But the choice in question is kind of obvious, or at least should be.

4.30 star(s) 29 Votes