4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Well, in Star Trek they have this fancy ships with phaser, *whatever fancy word* torpedos, disruptors, and so on. But you know what is the best? It is all irrelevant, because if Talothral decided to end the masters life with a rail gun, then that is it.

Nothing More, Nothing Less

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Top dogs on the battlefield, either sith or jedi, THEY ALL always held their own against blunt projectiles,
the fact they chose to fight sabers against eachother only worked for them,
as both sides of the force wielders deflected ALL INCOMING ”FUTURE TECH WEAPPONS PROJECTILES”

The cop out that a blunt weappon would terminate a top antagonist taking him outta the fight with the MC
is a cop out, because in all the Star Wars, EVERYBODY would ESCAPE HORDES OF DRONES or CLONES AND THEIR TECH.
Is this Star Wars? No? then that doesn't matter in the slightest.....

Reactions: Earply

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well ... here is proof this game is in that vein:
With melee, you can prolong and make the fight look more interesting than it is.
There is a reason George Lucas created the lightsabers. From a visual standpoint, the lightsaber fights are memorable and exciting, mostly anyway. And very few people would disagree with that, regardless of what they think of the movies themselves.
Is this Star Wars?
Why did you think MC walks into fights lightly to not armed? Remember the jedi, you know why.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Talothral is this game based or influenced by Star Wars?
Nope. Nor is it influenced by Mass Effect since first Terminus story was written around 1995.

Why he doesn't use gun outside of handful moments? He doesn't need it, when he uses one it's just for the hell of it. Until the day on update 39 he hasn't encounted anything that is immune to psionics or absorbs psionic powers that are used directly against them like the machines do.

Beyond that, it is easier to use established media as an example when explaining things with them since most people know about them.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1695579332174.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wonderful .. with dev outta slumber .. let us hear of the works behind this marvellous game:

We are at 750 renders according to the render library, give or take 50.
Dev has doubts that this will be out before the end of the month. There are just too many renders to make.
As for writing. It is amusing how you get locked at times, you can write and progress the story, but certain parts that happen in the future can't be planned. But that being said, dev has four pages left, maybe six, of update five, so is really happy with it as it is right on the schedule.

Annettemaru

Feb 25, 2022
Question: Are we going to know what the machines are waiting for? Zae'na has mentioned it twice now and I am curious

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Question: Are we going to know what the machines are waiting for? Zae'na has mentioned it twice now and I am curious
Depends how cruel I am >.>

Joking aside. Probably not, since they aren't a threat as is in this game. They are just an old threat that might return someday, among dozens of other cosmic horrors and other galactic powers that are written there but yet uncovered. That being said, I might tease something if I'm in the mood during the final phase of the epilogue. Just need to write it down in my notebook so can return to it in a later date...

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
Yes, yes it does. The first three choices are... important. First answer look if you want: Elai to the ship is a good start
thanks and that was the choice I made cause it felt like a better fit for them to do the ship and the kraed to be ground assault

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Those kraed railguns would do short work on the hull of the ship.
thanks and that was the choice I made cause it felt like a better fit for them to do the ship and the kraed to be ground assault
I'd say that those kraed railguns would do quite short work of the ship's hull.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
And from a visual point of view, "modern ranged combat" is dull compared to melee fights. There is a reason George Lucas created the lightsabers. From a visual standpoint, the lightsaber fights are memorable and exciting, mostly anyway. And very few people would disagree with that, regardless of what they think of the movies themselves.
(just for the record: more Star Trek than Star Wars here, but I enjoyed the original trilogy a lot)

I am always in two minds about this.

First, I will agree in milliseconds that a lightsaber fight/a sword fight (which it of course basically is) or similar is way more cinematic and enjoyable to watch than a gunfight. It is easier to choreograph changing tides of battle which is what we want to see in a dramatic fight scene - "he's got it, oh noooo, he's been countered, yessss, he escaped and now the final blow. Yes! Yesyesyes! Cigarette?" Add to that the extra spoon of cool when you are able to deflect gunfire with a melee weapon - not as good cinematically as a pure sword fight but just cool.

Then again, despite all the coolness, I always feel that the explanations why melee vs guns works are whimsical in many stories (commenting in general here). It just doesn't fly with me then. Sure, modern combat today, and that won't change probably, has a lot of close combat where knife beats machine gun IRL. But that needs the correct setup and we often do not get it (case in point: Episode 3, or was it 2, the "gladiator" scene). Often enough people rush in with their swords over open terrain - the proverbial "knife to a gunfight" - yet we are to believe it may work.

Then again, that is my personal view and if in doubt my personal problem. Oh, and of course only counts for "glorious battle", as Klingons would say. If you want to depict the madness of war, gunfire is clearly better. People dropping left and right and you don't even see the enemy.

But yeah, that was kinda off topic, please excuse me.

Last edited:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
anybody still have a live link to compressed update from 37 to 38?
Yes, I think there is link for it on the blog still. Haven't purged the old files in a while.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes