4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Annettemaru

Feb 25, 2022
And it is Sunday the 24th thus public release time, slightly later than usual was working so almost forgot. Anyway, additional links on the blog or discord, or wait until the OP is updated.

Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 - Update 39

Uncompressed:
- PC:
- MAC:

Uncompressed update only:
- From Update 38 to Update 39:

Compressed:
- PC:
- MAC:

Compressed update only:
- From Update 38 to Update 39:

Android:
- Android:

Heck yeah let's go!

Reactions: Talothral

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, they certainly made a mistake getting Wraith involved, that's for sure. This game though is feeling like it is getting close to wrapping up after this update, thank you so much for this!!!

• Red Heart

DementedMan

Mar 6, 2019
WOW what a great update. Exciting from start to finish.
I was really excited that everything would go well and that none of our friends would be hurt or killed.

Plus, it feels like our “good” decisions from the past have now made a significant difference.
For example, that we have always treated Mr Lycus and his Psionics fairly and in return he has now supported us in battle together with Admiral Green. Maybe otherwise a lot more people would have been killed on the Sentinel?
Or if we hadn't gotten involved with Rhimu, then maybe she wouldn't have fought and that's why Qivian would have been injured?

Of course I don't know if our decision really made a difference, but at least it feels like it and that's enough for me. :love:

Last edited:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
lol thew Master died so easily....that was so anticlimax
Getting hit by a railgun fucks things up. :p

But joking aside. That highlights the problem of non-melee combat: with any kind of modern (or futuristic weaponry) it is hit and you're done if you want to be realistic. With melee, you can prolong and make the fight look more interesting than it is. I was spinning the scene three or four different ways and nothing felt good. And it gets even highlighted if you "choose poorly." The machines just kill everyone easily.

Although there are couple things I would change from the fight now, but you don't always see the things clearly when you are doing them.

And no, didn't take it as negative. I know the issues I have with the scene.

EDIT: Cause I can't be bothered to make two posts in a row.

WOW what a great update. Exciting from start to finish.
I was really excited that everything would go well and that none of our friends would be hurt or killed.

Plus, it feels like our “good” decisions from the past have now made a significant difference.
For example, that we have always treated Mr Lycus and his Psionics fairly and in return he has now supported us in battle together with Admiral Green. Maybe otherwise a lot more people would have been killed on the Sentinel?
Or if we hadn't gotten involved with Rhimu, then maybe she wouldn't have fought and that's why Qivian would have been injured?

Of course I don't know if our decision really made a difference, but at least it feels like it and that's enough for me. :love:
They do. There are people who can die outside of the main group that go to the planet if certain choices have been made.

Choices that were made on the update 13 during the Kraed party determines do you get really short epilogue that has... melancholic tones. Or do you get a longer one, with moderately positive to positive tones.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Getting hit by a railgun fucks things up. :p

But joking aside. That highlights the problem of non-melee combat: with any kind of modern (or futuristic weaponry) it is hit and you're done if you want to be realistic. With melee, you can prolong and make the fight look more interesting than it is. I was spinning the scene three or four different ways and nothing felt good. And it gets even highlighted if you "choose poorly." The machines just kill everyone easily.

Although there are couple things I would change from the fight now, but you don't always see the things clearly when you are doing them.

And no, didn't take it as negative. I know the issues I have with the scene.

EDIT: Cause I can't be bothered to make two posts in a row.

They do. There are people who can die outside of the main group that go to the planet if certain choices have been made.

Choices that were made on the update 13 during the Kraed party determines do you get really short epilogue that has... melancholic tones. Or do you get a longer one, with moderately positive to positive tones.
Honestly, I liked how he died, it was....poetic in a way. Build up, build up, build up and BAM, over in a second!

Reactions: Talothral and D Dog

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Honestly, I liked how he died, it was....poetic in a way. Build up, build up, build up and BAM, over in a second!
Don't misunderstand me here. I'm mostly happy with the scene, but after a "cooldown period" of sorts, I can see things I would now do differently. What I'm not happy about is that certain threat isn't visualised as well as I would want it to be. But that is partially due to how inflexible the assets are or they are non-existing.

And from a visual point of view, "modern ranged combat" is dull compared to melee fights. There is a reason George Lucas created the lightsabers. From a visual standpoint, the lightsaber fights are memorable and exciting, mostly anyway. And very few people would disagree with that, regardless of what they think of the movies themselves.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HornyyPussy

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, they certainly made a mistake getting Wraith involved, that's for sure. This game though is feeling like it is getting close to wrapping up after this update, thank you so much for this!!!
well this is close to get wrapped up. just waiting that cearia can sustain population.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Aw, too bad. I think Garret and Zae'na, being of Kelzian blood and an Ot'ai, taunting the Master about having a child together would really have made his day.

Also one of the survivors really could've been transported off on a stretcher yelling: protein paste is people!

Oh well, I am not funny, only old. Really great update though. But it kinda lacked the scene where the villain, being sure of their victory, elaboratly explains their entire plan to Bond Garret!

On a more serious note: Why is the Executioner not accompanied by her personal guard?

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Don't misunderstand me here. I'm mostly happy with the scene, but after a "cooldown period" of sorts, I can see things I would now do differently. What I'm not happy about is that certain threat isn't visualised as well as I would want it to be. But that is partially due to how inflexible the assets are or they are non-existing.

And from a visual point of view, "modern ranged combat" is dull compared to melee fights. There is a reason George Lucas created the lightsabers. From a visual standpoint, the lightsaber fights are memorable and exciting, mostly anyway. And very few people would disagree with that, regardless of what they think of the movies themselves.
Huh, never really thought about it like that, that makes a lot of sense.

There is a bit of a warm feeling seeing the bad guy get killed in 2 seconds flat though ;)

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well, to be fair, there also is the force an the Jedi use it to deflect all fire away from them all the time.
Being a Mass Effect fan and knowing the measly augments players get in that game, but psi shield being a staple,
our MC has enough juice to cloak/shield his whole party and singularity the master into nothingness.
There is a reason George Lucas created the lightsabers.
After MC had the mother of all concussions in the first game ... costing him a lotta time outta his life,
one would think investing his power into deffensive augments for his children, Chiel and him would be priority one.
He even has a guy who does psi consructs, so a PSI SHIELDING UNIFORM would be a real possibility.
the bad guy get killed in 2 seconds flat
By not MC and without any memorable final battle ... where were you in star Wars class?

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
An amazing update especially about the story. I do think choices matter because in the last update you have to choose for example Kill-Leave-Release and probably matters and of-course if you choose with mistakes there is a Game Over. Thanks Talothral for an amazing story we just sit now and wait the happy ending :) "... and they lived all happy on their planet... "

1st edit: Can't wait for the end in order to play it again :)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
On a more serious note: Why is the Executioner not accompanied by her personal guard?
Because when I wrote it I wasn't sure would I be able to render all of them in the fight scene. I don't recall exactly how much the whole thing took resources, but I recall the RAM being over 80 GB. There is a lot going on in that scene that just eats resources.

That and they are mostly symbolic "for other races to show she is important", Zae'na doesn't need them as is. She is among the top three most powerful psionics in the known galaxy. Although that revelation gives some perspective on the scene. Both of them were needed to stop the large machines' weaponry from hitting them or the Kraed.

An amazing update especially about the story. I do think choices matter because in the last update you have to choose for example Kill-Leave-Release and probably matters and of-course if you choose with mistakes there is a Game Over. Thanks Talothral for an amazing story we just sit now and wait the happy ending :) "... and they lived all happy on their planet... "

1st edit: Can't wait for the end in order to play it again :)
Most choices matters in someway or other >.> Some aren't so significant and some are in the "OMG WHY THE HELL I BLEW UP?!"-category. >.> Granted, a handful ended up being "dialogue" choices since the original plan didn't fit in the end, but that's life. But then again, since the negative things are preventable with the right choice(s), things go smoother.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Both of them were needed to stop the large machines' weaponry from hitting them
Top dogs on the battlefield, either sith or jedi, THEY ALL always held their own against blunt projectiles,
the fact they chose to fight sabers against eachother only worked for them,
as both sides of the force wielders deflected ALL INCOMING ”FUTURE TECH WEAPPONS PROJECTILES”

What does that have to do with what you quoted though?
The cop out that a blunt weappon would terminate a top antagonist taking him outta the fight with the MC
is a cop out, because in all the Star Wars, EVERYBODY would ESCAPE HORDES OF DRONES or CLONES AND THEIR TECH.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes