VN Ren'Py Completed TESS - The Eternal Sunset Society [v0.3b] [Chris Eman]

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
i just can't even with this one. it might have a good storyline here, but i'll probably never find out. for the love of god, find a better translator! it was so horrible it felt like my mind was going numb.

Reactions: Jhon1885

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
i just can't even with this one. it might have a good storyline here, but i'll probably never find out. for the love of god, find a better translator! it was so horrible it felt like my mind was going numb.
Translations are a problem, no matter how "good" they are; Spanish is (very) complex. One thing is (or are) these sentences that you can somehow translate into something understandable.
But the more complex the text, the more the translation goes wrong!
This, unfortunately, I discovered late.
A good English translation is charged in dollars; a budget I can't afford!
Besides, my style is not what you could call "commercial"; so "money invested, money lost".
Better times will come, and if not, we'll go out and look for it!
Greetings!

Reactions: bigfuckinE

bigfuckinE

Jul 18, 2022
glad you knew i meant no insult towards you personally as you can't exactly interpret tone being written. thanks for the explanation.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
glad you knew i meant no insult towards you personally as you can't exactly interpret tone being written. thanks for the explanation.
No problem! This VN was the first one I made, it has many problems, even in the gameplay; as well as many innovations (even secret characters) in the point and click; there are times that they offer to translate or correct the translation; but since it's free, they do it just because they like the VN, they don't last long (it's hard work and very boring!).
It's frustrating as Dev; I tell you, one thing is that you play my vn, you understand it and you don't like it at all, no problem!
But in this style that, I try to support me not only in the sexual, that the translation takes you out completely, it's complicated for me.

Redknight178

Sep 5, 2021
Translation is actually OK. Some issues, mostly with idioms ("Whore who bore me!" - why would you say this about your mother? Do Spanish people really say things like this? :rolleyes:), but I managed to get the gist of it.

But each time Eli or Abril started to talk about history, I was feeling either I'm tripping or they are or somebody is. Or all of this is just some crazy mess of mistranslation.

But eventually I figured out translation is fine. It's just not the modern Spain but some fantasy/occult/cyberpunk setting which looks on surface like a modern Spain. Which is kinda cool. But it burns your brain for a bit.

But it's a nice game overall. Got a huge Divi Dead vibe, which is a plus in my book.

But Elizabeth's quest is bugged out :confused:

Actually, is it possible to buy the game? It's not on dev's Itch.

Last edited:

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Translation is actually OK. Some issues, mostly with idioms ("Whore who bore me!" - why would you say this about your mother? Do Spanish people really say things like this? :rolleyes:), but I managed to get the gist of it.

But each time Eli or Abril started to talk about history, I was feeling either I'm tripping or they are or somebody is. Or all of this is just some crazy mess of mistranslation.

But eventually I figured out translation is fine. It's just not the modern Spain but some fantasy/occult/cyberpunk setting which looks on surface like a modern Spain. Which is kinda cool. But it burns your brain for a bit.

But it's a nice game overall. Got a huge Divi Dead vibe, which is a plus in my book.

Divi Dead is a great influence!
This was my first Visual Novel; it's amazing, so I recently got nostalgic and I'm looking to make a remake (Reborn as I call it for Love MorteM).
I deleted it, like other projects.

Beyond its errors or flaws, it is true that it has a certain atmosphere, and the theme of the conversations (as you could resume the main story at any time) and the variable scenarios; I think it was a lot!
I didn't give up, and I kept trying to polish it.

It will depend on the support, too (not only monetary, but also the interest itself, qualifications, etc.).
But, I'm looking forward to work on a spiritual successor to TESS & The Blueprint Rquiem (this one was made for a jam, not with the idea of being a long game).

Without the Milagros part; I think that's enough for a separate story by itself (I was even looking into 2d artist, it's way over budget, but ok).
And the Cyberpunk part; well there's Love MorteM Reborn (and a prequel more focused on that).
ROTT (this idea) would be focused more on the "sandbox" part) with a main story, and several other ones.

Although currently there is Love MorteM & Tales From The Shadows (This one is more Bible Black).
Greetings!

Reactions: Redknight178

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018

By the way, this VN is also in "Argentinian"; the Spanish is even difficult for some Central Americans and Spaniards, in the other VNs; although the verbs are still the ones we use here; I made it a little more neutral to facilitate the translation as well.

Redknight178

Sep 5, 2021
Divi Dead is a great influence!
This was my first Visual Novel; it's amazing, so I recently got nostalgic and I'm looking to make a remake (Reborn as I call it for Love MorteM).
I deleted it, like other projects.
Really hope you will return to this project. Game could use a bit of polish and rework probably, but it has a huge potential. Atmosphere, characters - all greatly done. I'm really such a sucker for this kind of stories. :love:

I will check your other games for now.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Really hope you will return to this project. Game could use a bit of polish and rework probably, but it has a huge potential. Atmosphere, characters - all greatly done. I'm really such a sucker for this kind of stories. :love:

I will check your other games for now.
Prueba ,In Itch is updated; Love MorteM, wait a couple of weeks to update to public V0.5 (the 0.4 there is a bug that appeared to several, plus my updates, usually have a lot of content).

abso har

Sep 22, 2021
It's tagged as completed but parts say they will continue in the next update, can someone explain?

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
It's tagged as completed but parts say they will continue in the next update, can someone explain?
The story was going to be much bigger; but I ended it in that part, to give it a closure, this was my first VN.