Jul 26, 2017
Anyone else been getting the "Sound File Rear Error Cannot locate sound file[Data/Voice/0_12.cgg]? It occurs when I'm inserted into the warrior and essentially locks me.

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
So not to rag on the translator considering this is 5 flipping gigs! As an edited mtl, would you say everything you went through is readable and no longer in broken machine churned English?
Hmm? Where does this say it's an edited MTL? If you see something that's clearly MTL'd, it's because I either forgot to write the translation in the adjacent column on Translator++, or the program just exported the wrong column altogether (it happened a couple times, ugh). I was planning to make this an "edited MTL" back in January, instead I ended up translating the whole thing by hand ahahah

I'm getting read error "cant locate basic info data ....... Data/BasicData/game.dat

What am i doing wrong? Do i need to download some plugin or software to play the game?
If you see gibberish symbols in that message, there's probably been an issue either with you extracting the game, or you're not playing the game with Locale Emulator/Japanese Locale settings.

Anyone else been getting the "Sound File Rear Error Cannot locate sound file[Data/Voice/0_12.cgg]? It occurs when I'm inserted into the warrior and essentially locks me.
That's weird. It seems like some people have already beat the game without experiencing this - and even more so, the game has NO 0_12.ogg file. Its audios start with 1_1 and end with 11_24, I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Reactions: KoroG90

KoroG90

Mar 26, 2018
Hmm? Where does this say it's an edited MTL? If you see something that's clearly MTL'd, it's because I either forgot to write the translation in the adjacent column on Translator++, or the program just exported the wrong column altogether (it happened a couple times, ugh). I was planning to make this an "edited MTL" back in January, instead I ended up translating the whole thing by hand ahahah

Sorry, my mind just jumped to maybe something being an MTL because I had saw you had done some MTLs on the side. There have been A LOT of "translators" lately coming out of the wood work that simply throw things into a machine and leave it at that saying they've edited it when you can clearly see that's not the case(along with them not knowing English in the first place:ROFLMAO:)

Any who, didn't mean any harm by my comment. Thanks for the translation Dark!

Also does 1.52 add anything or no? o.o

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Thanks for this, although I do question why it's using the version that is 7 updates out of date?
Yeah, that's my question. Wouldn't 1.52 have a ton of stuff?
I've answered this a couple times, but the short version is: I basically started working on this a week after the game came out in JP, when 1.00 was the latest and only version. Given how fragile Wolf RPG Games are with Translator++, I stuck with the 1.0 since it doesn't have any significant bugs that later version fixed, just smaller ones.

And, 1.52 adds no content aside from minor tentacle stuff, but it seemingly adds no major scenes, story, or content. The "biggest" addition is a "CG Only" mode in the Recollection room, but that's about it.

I'm slowly going to port this to 1.52 of course - but the game has all content and is fully playable on 1.00 too. It's just, if you knew how many unexpected bugs I had to deal with while translating this game, you'd understand sticking with the same version was already tough enough ahahah

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well, considering my back-log of H-stuff, I can't dive into this one right away anyway... but, I'm certainly intrigued. You don't see a male+monster protagonist game all that often. It's even more rare when it's actually a game, and not just a VN. Add in that it looks like a proper game with proper systems and whatnot, and this might just be very nearly unique...

In any case, while I certainly hope that the game will be updated to be based on the 1.52 version, I won't cry if that won't happen. This kind of monumental project is crazy already, so major thanks to the translator no matter what.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TheDarkSky

GreenImposter

Feb 22, 2019
My god a translator that actually explains how far the NTR goes in a game. Thank you hugely! you have no idea how annoying it is to want to play a game whitout being sure if the ntr is. "oh i got fucked by a different dude 4 years ago" or "im going to cheat on you forever and also steal everything you own". also thanks for translating seems like it would take a long while!

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
I get the same error.
Basically after the teasing game and start fucking fucking a girl the game can not locate or read the voice files.
0_12, 0_15 and 0_18 for faster, normal and slow fucking speed respectively.
It is really annoying though. I am already playing with jap locale if anyone is asking.

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Awesome work, TheDarkSky!

Anyone have a trip report of how much tentacle content there is?
Every girl gets one BF (Battle Fuck) tentacle scene if you're a tentacle monster (tentacle color changes based on what monster you are), and all girls except Soldier get a story tentacle scene if you are a tentacle monster when you play their chapter and fuck them. Little tidbit: the tentacle scenes are the "full ones", as the humanoid ones are the same but with some text/teasing cut out.

any fix for this?
I get the same error.
Basically after the teasing game and start fucking fucking a girl the game can not locate or read the voice files.
0_12, 0_15 and 0_18 for faster, normal and slow fucking speed respectively.
It is really annoying though. I am already playing with jap locale if anyone is asking.
I attached a zip with what should be a "fix": extract the "Data" folder in the game's folder, merging it with the existing Data one. I just copied the 1_1.ogg and so on and renamed them to 0_1.ogg and such, so it's more of a "band-aid fix". No clue why this problem is happening in the first place since, again, the game doesn't normally have any voice file starting with 0.

I seriously don't know what the problem could be though. I just tried the scenes that gave you guys error on a clean copy of the version I uploaded, and it gave no voice errors whatsoever. So, if the issue persists even with the "fix" I posted, I'd have no idea how to help since I can't even figure out what's wrong in the first place.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Getting this error straight from the get-go. I blame the fact that im running vista and some of my software no longer updates, but at the same time, thats a really weird place for the game to crash, given how ive seen the rest of the opening intro and the game didnt crash then.

Untitled.jpg

Any idea whats up with this?

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
I attached a zip with what should be a "fix": extract the "Data" folder in the game's folder, merging it with the existing Data one. I just copied the 1_1.ogg and so on and renamed them to 0_1.ogg and such, so it's more of a "band-aid fix". No clue why this problem is happening in the first place since, again, the game doesn't normally have any voice file starting with 0.
Yup, that fixed that issue.
Thank you <3

Had this as well but starting over a second time let me progress. I dunno.

Reactions: TheDarkSky

TheDarkSky

Jan 19, 2018
Getting this error straight from the get-go. I blame the fact that im running vista and some of my software no longer updates, but at the same time, thats a really weird place for the game to crash, given how ive seen the rest of the opening intro and the game didnt crash then.

View attachment 1231576

Yeah, I get that error if I'm skipping during the intro, so I definitely feel like it's simply related to Wolf RPG either requesting too many resources when your PC can't give them, or just something out of my control in general. Try again while making sure you never hold Ctrl: if you got far enough into loading the scene, the game may ask you to skip it. Otherwise, hope it doesn't crash without holding Ctrl.

If it still does, I'm sorry but I have no idea what could be causing that problem, and because of how unusual that error is, I don't think I'm able to fix it since it looks like it's engine-related, not game-related.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Goddamn I love this site. The amazing dedication of it's members to make fantastic work available to people always astounds me. I've had an absolute blast with this game, a game I would have completely missed and never tried if not for the hard work of TheDarkSky doing such a superb job with the translation.

A lot of people see f95 as just a place to get free games (and admittedly, I do too for many of them), but I've also found and bought a lot of games I otherwise wouldn't have if they hadn't shown up here first. And this is a game I'm gonna go buy of DLsite.

Thanks again for bringing this game to us TheDarkSky! Keep up the excellent work!

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes