4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Timmy Reed

Jun 13, 2018
Nothing good, I'm afraid.
I'm struggling to find the time to work on it (the main reason I haven't asked for any money or set up a discord etc.).
You'll be frustrated to find out I've spent most of the time rewriting nearly every line of dialogue in the game (with a script) to make it easier to add more in the future, but I haven't actually added that much to it.

I'm a developer at heart, not an author and writing a compelling story (and ending!) is a lot harder than starting, or so I'm finding out.

Sorry it's not better news!

Myersgil

Jun 1, 2020
Nothing good, I'm afraid.
I'm struggling to find the time to work on it (the main reason I haven't asked for any money or set up a discord etc.).
You'll be frustrated to find out I've spent most of the time rewriting nearly every line of dialogue in the game (with a script) to make it easier to add more in the future, but I haven't actually added that much to it.

I'm a developer at heart, not an author and writing a compelling story (and ending!) is a lot harder than starting, or so I'm finding out.

Sorry it's not better news!
Bro, it's so good to hear that you put such effort in it. It's fine that it takes times but for good priorities. Keep it up, no one is gonna blame you for it

Timmy Reed

Jun 13, 2018
Timmy, are you ok? So, Timmy are you ok? Are you ok, Timmy?
I'm fine, dicking about with RPGMaker MV while I wait for inspiration to strike.

Usual dev excuses "real life got more complicated" etc.

How many of you would be interested in contributing to the project?

As (you can clearly tell) I'm struggling with the "Author" part of this - I'm _very_ open to contributions.

I've moved all of the code into twine (.tw2) files, so if you know the syntax and have a text editor it shouldn't be too hard.

The issues at the moment are;

A) Finding images - even the boring "office background" ones - I _try_ to stick to general descriptions for the chars, but finding the images is still time consuming.
B) Many branches - gotta find a way to both link them all together but make them distinct (and plausible? - by which I mean, it's got to be vaguely believable otherwise it might was well be a gif slideshow)
C) Time - working on this is very time consuming, I usually pick a branch play through, then start adding chunks to the end, if I've got the images for it, but I started this by going through the original, reformatting it and sneaking scenes in where I thought they'd fit.

Anyway - if I came up with a way for people to submit scenes (images optional); would anyone actually do it?

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes