tarshack

May 15, 2018
That's why I'm of the opinion that when you start writing you MUST have in mind where it all starts and how it ends, and you have to go through the rest with your character so that you don't get bored. If you know the end, it does not mean that you know everything, because you do not know how you came to this end. If you act on this concept, then most likely you will not lose your fuse and you will not have to do remakes every time you do not know what to do next. You have already finished the game, you just need to go with the character to this end and after that take a break and start a new project.))
hence the reason the teachers drilled it in during class ....writing a draft in literature its the basic road map you follow and runs true even here

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
yup, he kept adding random characters, where there was absolutely zero tension, instead of following up with the dad, the friend, and the girl from work's boyfriend. Like the plot threads were RIGHT THERE, just keep those going, really confused why he decided it was time to throw in a random plumber or doctor. Or whenever there would be an additional random female. Why? The game didn't need new side characters.
Yep, I've said this a number of times in this thread over the years: Anne fucking 15 guys on the way to the Starbucks 2 blocks away isn't that interesting—rapid fire sex scenes with random strangers and no stakes, I can just go to xvideos or whatever and get the exact girl I want and whatever fetish for that. What is interesting is the stakes and tension with people that actually matter and can impact the relationship. Those aspects that made TAC compelling in the beginning were basically shelved for "what 10 dudes is Anne gonna bang today?"

Tony giving Anne the go ahead to play around with Ryan while he's around, but then Anne hooking up with Ryan alone later and lying about it is interesting.

Anne's best friend Nicole was in the mix; is she a threat? Will she take Tony for herself? Perhaps she'll pull Anne further down a path of debauchery. Maybe even the possibility of a throuple?

Martin of course was another interesting one, with major repercussions, especially given the established history of Martin banging some of Tony's previous chicks.

The first 5 people or so that were introduced into their lives could fill up the entire game easily, the story points are right there as you pointed out. Of course throw some fun stuff in the mix, Anne doing exhibitionist things and the occasional, "that bartender is cute and is hitting on me Tony, can I go play with him?" Stuff that should be used sparingly to add some spice and fun to the main story.

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
Yep, I've said this a number of times in this thread over the years: Anne fucking 15 guys on the way to the Starbucks 2 blocks away isn't that interesting—rapid fire sex scenes with random strangers and no stakes, I can just go to xvideos or whatever and get the exact girl I want and whatever fetish for that. What is interesting is the stakes and tension with people that actually matter and can impact the relationship. Those aspects that made TAC compelling in the beginning were basically shelved for "what 10 dudes is Anne gonna bang today?"

Tony giving Anne the go ahead to play around with Ryan while he's around, but then Anne hooking up with Ryan alone later and lying about it is interesting.

Anne's best friend Nicole was in the mix; is she a threat? Will she take Tony for herself? Perhaps she'll pull Anne further down a path of debauchery. Maybe even the possibility of a throuple?

Martin of course was another interesting one, with major repercussions, especially given the established history of Martin banging some of Tony's previous chicks.

The first 5 people or so that were introduced into their lives could fill up the entire game easily, the story points are right there as you pointed out. Of course throw some fun stuff in the mix, Anne doing exhibitionist things and the occasional, "that bartender is cute and is hitting on me Tony, can I go play with him?" Stuff that should be used sparingly to add some spice and fun to the main story.
Well said, and also, the animations and renders are decent, but definitely not amazing enough to carry just scene after scene with no proper story beats or development.

Reactions: LordofEntropy

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
why he decided it was time to throw in a random plumber or doctor.
the scene with plumber was about the activity from the web site were they are subscribed
and if plumber no why pizza guy yes?
I think there wlll be again that scene or a very similar one with more content and renders (you don't like the plumber because he is fat?

about doctor scene: is an Anne personal thing; It is normal for all sexually active women to have periodic visits with their doctor for sure was a great scene to understand that Anne is not a puppet in the Tony hands. /she is not her slave... there will be again with better dialogs and renders I think

TACOS will not be with less sex scenes... as I understand from the dev post there will be a lot of more sex than before
"The adventurous couple site" activities will be also in TACOS with more renders and better in the sex scenes
the random scenes you are talkingabout are from the site that has the same title as the game
so all random sex scenes will be in TACOS!
for now the major change is in the STAT-BOX
as you can see TACOS box is this:

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 20.19.59.jpg

There is a missing stat compared to the old game

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 20.23.00.jpg

Swinger stat is no more present!
actually I don't know exactly why h decided to change the stats point!
but the first 10 days are almost the same as before with more detailed renders when she teasing the clerks and with more people that watch her stunning body during changing dress and bikini... she is... WOW! :love:

Last edited:

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
yup, he kept adding random characters, where there was absolutely zero tension, instead of following up with the dad, the friend, and the girl from work's boyfriend. Like the plot threads were RIGHT THERE, just keep those going, really confused why he decided it was time to throw in a random plumber or doctor. Or whenever there would be an additional random female. Why? The game didn't need new side characters.
You and me man!
I don't know ofc, but I can speculate, I think his moral compass hit a wall. I can't make this girl this bad, He then figured let's share the pain, and yeah.. This happened.. I think he made the girl real in a way? Or started thinking of real life. Fuck would I know :), he completely ditched all the good stuff and made her to a casual slut..
To be fair, I would lay with just about any hot girl, I am slut, I don't judge girls for doing so either.. Just a disclaimer, do whatever you like!

Also he could've taken this game to a masterpiece, there is also the patreon thing, but I think more not. Or maybe, he restarted this game 3 times? It is likely, to delay and re do to just re-earn money, instead of creating a masterpiece. Money does shit to some people I guess.

Last edited:

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
about doctor scene: is an Anne personal thing; It is normal for all sexually active women to have periodic visits with their doctor for sure was a great scene to understand that Anne is not a puppet in the Tony hands. /she is not her slave... there will be again with better dialogs and renders I think

View attachment 2424370

With the doctor, Anna cheats on the front desk guy, with the guy on the beach in the gazebo, and a few others, and she never tells Tony about them, it's cheating. Statistics are broken, should change that Anna is unfaithful. And your explanation that it's personal, hopeless crap you're telling.

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
my replay was for not for you but was for WuzzyFuzzy I don't understand which of the many topics I covered in my post do you want to argue with me about

you should have stayed out of it this time too
why are you trying to think as if you know Mircom's way of thinking and working?
This story was clearly written since the beginning... (but something changes after Martin scene.. here began his mistake of listening to those who told him that he would have won more supporters by changing and adding useless characters
probably in the hope of having more paying supporters Mircom has realized that:
1) the supporters have not increased.
2) the story was taking a direction with too many side characters that have nothing to do with the relationship between Tony and Anne
TACOS will have fewer chapters than before (I personally hope for more than 10)... this means that many secondary characters will not be included.
...in the best TV series even the best screenwriters leave the ending open and this is a sign of skill because if a character becomes unexpectedly important the ending has to be rewritten.
In this case the migli of the game was a mess with nonsense!

The problem was not and will never be about the endings

Writing the ending of a story is always the last thing to do in the professional productions

The story is in the head of the artist... he makes a mistake that in the new TACOS will be fixed!

I work in book and song production…I guarantee you the best writers don't write the ending they leave the ending open.
Writing the ending of a story is always the last thing to do! Writing the ending first is like taking your dick and cutting it off with a sharp knife :cool: :eek:
the artist lets himself be carried away by the characters... and only sometimes he talks to friends and aficionados.. sometimes he talks about the story to his wife to understand a female point of view... or he has a working group...

there are always many possible endings...
but surely as the best Hollywood productions teach, leaving an open ending to a possible sequel is always the best.

Wrong!
Mircom already explain why in the message to his Patreon fans
He will be able to make a masterpiece because now he won't repeat the mistakes made in the useless hope of earning more.. and it looks like a success because his supporters are growing up everyday.

Money is very important for any professional artist and the Patreon site was made to just for help ALL the artists!

I have read in his messages that he is quitting his job!
As soon writing games WILL BE the main job for Mircom....

I can just write my end now;)
Good Luck Mircom3D and thanks for your great Job!
You need to re-read the whole post you are replying to.
Adviar5050 was casting his thoughts and opinions, not starting an argument.
You are just a "not very smart" person trying to sound like a "smart person" which is probably why you end up sounding like a "pretentious fucking douche nozzle"

• Haha
Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
my replay was for not for you but was for WuzzyFuzzy I don't understand which of the many topics I covered in my post do you want to argue with me about

you should have stayed out of it this time too
why are you trying to think as if you know Mircom's way of thinking and working?
This story was clearly written since the beginning... (but something changes after Martin scene.. here began his mistake of listening to those who told him that he would have won more supporters by changing and adding useless characters
probably in the hope of having more paying supporters Mircom has realized that:
1) the supporters have not increased.
2) the story was taking a direction with too many side characters that have nothing to do with the relationship between Tony and Anne
TACOS will have fewer chapters than before (I personally hope for more than 10)... this means that many secondary characters will not be included.
...in the best TV series even the best screenwriters leave the ending open and this is a sign of skill because if a character becomes unexpectedly important the ending has to be rewritten.
In this case the migli of the game was a mess with nonsense!

The problem was not and will never be about the endings

Writing the ending of a story is always the last thing to do in the professional productions

The story is in the head of the artist... he makes a mistake that in the new TACOS will be fixed!

I work in book and song production…I guarantee you the best writers don't write the ending they leave the ending open.
Writing the ending of a story is always the last thing to do! Writing the ending first is like taking your dick and cutting it off with a sharp knife :cool: :eek:
the artist lets himself be carried away by the characters... and only sometimes he talks to friends and aficionados.. sometimes he talks about the story to his wife to understand a female point of view... or he has a working group...

there are always many possible endings...
but surely as the best Hollywood productions teach, leaving an open ending to a possible sequel is always the best.

Wrong!
Mircom already explain why in the message to his Patreon fans
He will be able to make a masterpiece because now he won't repeat the mistakes made in the useless hope of earning more.. and it looks like a success because his supporters are growing up everyday.

Money is very important for any professional artist and the Patreon site was made to just for help ALL the artists!

I have read in his messages that he is quitting his job!
As soon writing games WILL BE the main job for Mircom....

I can just write my end now;)
Good Luck Mircom3D and thanks for your great Job!

Actually open endings to movies or TV shows are terrible and are lazy writing.

Reactions: Rufio

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
So he's getting rid of 75 to 80% of the content is what im hearing from people... That's really gonna hit the sub count. Also means he's gonna have to actually make new scenes if he's committed to this and we will see how long before he buckles again and changes things for $$ like all devs do. I understand it was a mess after the first few chpt. (hopefully not removing the old man neighbor). Also hopefully there are actual routes this time and controlling both characters if that is to happen.

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
And to top if off he's wasting time on this "Christina" game as well... Whelp faster releases ain't gonna happen so one lie there already for the new start smh

Adviar5050

Aug 11, 2020
You need to re-read the whole post you are replying to.
Adviar5050 was casting his thoughts and opinions, not starting an argument.
You are just a "not very smart" person trying to sound like a "smart person" which is probably why you end up sounding like a "pretentious fucking douche nozzle"
Thanks for that comment. I was going to reply to him but I just didn't want to get into it. You are right, I just offered my opinion as someone who has followed the game for a long time and comments from the developer. I'm not saying I'm right and I'm not saying he is wrong. Some people are just a little too defensive.

jontyllis

Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for that comment. I was going to reply to him but I just didn't want to get into it. You are right, I just offered my opinion as someone who has followed the game for a long time and comments from the developer. I'm not saying I'm right and I'm not saying he is wrong. Some people are just a little too defensive.
It's always amusing to see someone criticize someone else for speculating about a devs thought process and then immediately do their own speculating about the devs thought process. I'm just glad that person chose you instead of me because I have done my share of speculating here.

As to the point you were making, I imagine it is difficult for a dev to resist the temptation of pleasing their supporters by giving them what they want. Even if the developer has a clearly defined story already made they likely make attempts and big changes to their story to please supporters sometimes. I think the real trick is to clearly define the personalities of your characters so that when supporters suggest things you can tailor those requests to your characters personalities without the story becoming disjointed. Of course, I have no idea what these specific requests were for this dev and doing it this way means that the dev likely will not fulfill those requests in the way the supporters want. Overall it may just be best to put out a product, ignore requests, and rest easy.

I have made criticisms about the "rapid fire" sex scenes in TAC that are basically inconsequential to the story but I didn't hate them. They worked within the story. They just didn't add any real substance to the game. Whether or not the dev removes them or keeps them makes no difference to me. I am just of the opinion that more gravity needs to be added to the more prominent characters that Anne interacts with. For instance, the one relationship in the game that had the most weight and potential consequences was one between Anne and the MC's father. Unfortunately, I got the impression that if the MC were to ever find out what she had been doing with the MC's father his reaction would have been "Awe shucks" and that's it. Of course, I'm far from any sort of a story writer so take that for what it's worth.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
To somewhat refer back to my last post, I think some devs paint themselves into a corner by constructing dissonant themes with the use of 'days' or sometimes even 'weeks' as timeframes in their stories. To explain...we wait weeks and months for updates. I don't have a problem with that as I typically skip one or two monthly releases provided by some devs as I want to sit down and play for an hour, not 10 minutes. If we were to fast forward to the end of the game then play it, we wouldn't feel the incongruency as acutely. But we don't play it that way, rather, we play it as it's given to us and the linear progression feels out of sync to us as compared to the author of the story who sees the end. So it's at least somewhat natural that complaints would arise because of this dissonance.

But also there is the problem of the author being their own worst enemy when writing this way. Let's take Anne, for example. She has a latent exhibitionist streak, so the path to her eventual promiscuity is a shorter one that someone who's very shy and conservative. Nevertheless, it takes time to go from point A to B and unless someone gets visited by mind-altering aliens, going from A to B will take longer than a couple of weeks. (Unless there's some backstory the author could/should write to explain the difference). So, again, if I were counseling an author I would recommend they almost never use 24 hour cycles as a progression method for these types of stories. Make it appear as if more time had elapsed between episodes. Write some of Anne's internal struggles or decision making process to show how she rationalizes her somewhat slow change of behaviors and attitudes.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
the use of 'days' or sometimes even 'weeks' as timeframes in their stories
I hate days. Weeks. Whatever. I hate them. Just tell your story and fuck the timeframe. I understand that sandboxes rely (pointlessly, in my opinion) on this structure, but non-sandboxes don't. If Anne goes to Punta Cana, goes wild, and then eschews non-Tony dicks for several months afterwards, fine. Why is that anathema? It sounds kinda normal, to me.

jontyllis

Jul 8, 2018
Write some of Anne's internal struggles or decision making process to show how she rationalizes her somewhat slow change of behaviors and attitudes.
I think Good Girl Gone Bad did this fairly well. Illustrating a characters rationalization for taking the next step, whatever that may be, is always more rewarding for the player than just explaining the progression arc with time and repetition. Basically the MC of that game would get a small taste of some kink, at the players choice, and that would spark her desire for more of it. The player would get loads of the MC's inner thoughts to explain the new craving of the MC for more or wilder versions of whatever this kink was. Of course with Anne these would likely be portrayed in conversations between Anne and the player rather than Anne's thoughts.

3.90 star(s) 123 Votes