Dec 21, 2019
This project has had no real progress for years. It was dead in the water. Same shit different year. Wife was normal, wife became cheating cum dumpster, here's 2 mediocre sex scenes per year, ooh the depravity *fap fap fap*

What it really needs is an ending to be slapped on so the dev can move on to something new. Assuming he has any more ideas, or any creative bones left in his body. Doubtful, because "Christina" is just Anne with 15% more botox.

Barring that, a complete remake could also freshen it up. New plot lines, new characters, new sex scenes, new pacing. DEFINITELY new graphics, because this shit is aging like rotten milk. It only looked "fine" to begin with, back in the year of our lord 2017.

But it looks like this remake will just be more wasted time. A new version that's barely any different from the first.

YorkshireBlue

Jul 23, 2017
I dont get it ... its the game, but just the first 10 days ... and what has changed? o_O
Having played up to day 6 so far... absolutely nothing so far as I can see. I can understand going back over the origins of a game when it's been in development for a while to touch up scenes etc to make sure they're as good as what you're pumping out now... but Mir already did that with the first reboot!

Maybe the next few days will be what's changed, but so far I can't see it... just seems like a pointless waste of time when other games such as Exciting Games have caught up to this and far surpassed it. As for the earlier argument, there is definitely merit in at the very least having a broad story down on paper in some form and the courage of your convictions to stick with it.

Just look at Selebus with Lessons of Love - gives not a single fuck what people think of his story and refuses to change it for anyone, yet if the product is good enough, people will stick with it anyway.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I really wish this dev didn't do stuff like this and just worked on his game properly. This is the second rework. without any real changes other than art. I want this dev to have success, but he doesn't deserve it.
I like this game but ever since the first rework it's been a mess.
I still hope the dev gets his shit together though. Maybe with the rework he finally does.

Last edited:

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
This is what happens when you don't have a defined end and only a beginning. He probably got to the end of Part 1 and realized it went in directions he didn't want and Part 2 was a mess right from the start.

Jy1017

Jan 10, 2018
The Dev could redeem himself by cranking out the updates for TACOS. A new chapter every month or so would show us that this is legit, and not an attempt to milk patrons. No more excuses that you're working or stressed or having health problems. If you can't provide content then you need to start refunding to those who donate money.

pavlogrk

Nov 15, 2020
Since i haven't played at all after episode 14 can someone explain to me what this new update is about?

ChuckTooBig

Apr 23, 2020
I definitely think this rework is an improvement over the original. However, changing a few scenes here and there and making the models look a little nicer doesn't really feel like something anyone really wants or needs. Something completely new would have been nicer, not to mention the fact that this will most likely end up the same disappointing way the original did.

Reactions: gilgamesh9

dian091

Apr 17, 2020
If I was that curious, I'd replay the abandoned game to see if the order changed, did they go on vacation before we got the topless pizza delivery before. Added a few men around the changing rooms instead of one. Remake is like the updated Star Wars films with added special effects to make up for 70's special effects.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
What a waste.

In some ways, this is actually worse than older version. The new UI is horrendous. Cursive grey font on a largely grey background, and the only other color is neon green? Really? The color of Monster Energy drinks, sports cars, and Kawasaki Ninjas? Putting cursive font all over the UI doesn't give off the feeling of being 'fancy' or 'upscale', rather it screams 'I like pretty fonts' and 'fuck my UI's readability/usability'. Want to use it for the title, and the title only? Sure, fine, fuck it, whatever. But when you put it in the game UI for character names and for the quick menu? That shit needs to fuck right off.

I did notice the updated renders, but the old renders weren't the problem. The story was a mess with far too many threads, and I can understand wanting perhaps start over with a clearer vision and more experience with the idea to perhaps wrangle that all in to a more controllable and cohesive narrative. But by all indications here, with it's slavish adherence to the old game's plot, that doesn't appear to be the case.

You know what else could have used some work, what might have been worth rebooting this for? A writing overhaul. The game's writing and narration has never really been good. Now it hasn't be awful either. It largely was coherent, had a minimum of grammatical errors, and generally made sense; it didn't look like it was written by a non-native speaker then dropkicked into an MTL algorithm. But, it was never really good either.

One of the cardinal rules in storytelling is 'Show, Don't Tell', and this game's narrative has always done the opposite of that. We start off with an exposition dump that introduces the MC, their wife, their job, the supporting cast, and the primary dilemma or motivation. A textbook example of telling rather than showing. A hypothetically better written introduction with a focus on 'Show, Don't Tell' could have started with the MC toiling away at their desk at work, leaving it up to the audience to intuit that they work in software rather than needing to be explicitly told so. Then they could be interrupted by a text message from Ann, causing him to pop out of his tunnel vision and now start to anxiously run in mental circles over their love life problem.

A more creative writer could weave a narrative that gave light to the inner lives and personalities of these characters, without just saying the quite part out loud; but we're not getting that here. As is, the returning cast is just as vacuous as I remember them. Nobody has any personality, they're just mannequins moving from scenario to scenario (and calling each other 'baby' and 'babe' enough to be aggravating rather than endearing). It is frustrating to see such wasted potential here. The premise was good, Ann was hot, the renders were decent and the writing was at least coherent. Redoing the renders for a slight improvement in quality, but leaving the same underwhelming writing leading the same wooden characters to the same clusterfuck of a story, wasn't what this game needed (nor do I imagine, what the audience wanted).

Last edited:

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
I would have preferred if the dev started some new story or new VN/game altogether with another female model, instead of revamping the same game repeatedly.
This is already the 3rd Time Dev has REWORKED on his game, always delivering this same product (rendering has improved).

Dev's Dream Wife has already fucked every variety of Homosapien present on his planet, without using any protection ever. Now only house pets, wild beast and tentacle monsters are yet to taste that tanned cookie.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Is this not the second time that the game has been reworked?
2nd or 3rd depending on how you want to count. It is the second reboot in terms of going back to chapter one and doing it over again. However, there was the "reset" between part 1 and part 2; a sort of convoluted attempt was made to ostensibly make it easier going forward with the story by making some, uh, narrative leaps. It was sort of a "story reboot" in situ, "story is going to do some wonky shit, but it's to make everything better going forward." So, to me it feels like the 3rd reboot.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
I didn't really like the latest updates anyway. Game was already kinda dying to me, that the dev restarts it or whatnot, well.. Would've been better if he created new content but, I think he feels it too, there isn't any tension, and he just "tries" to restart it with okay I cheated and me too and let's retry and re do it all again but it doesn't work. When he should've developed deeper on the father and that friend brian or the other guy whatever his name was, incredible in bed, a black bald man, yeah?

Whatever, gl hf, will redownload it when I see new content or "completed" status.

3.90 star(s) 123 Votes