goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I will look into the Mac Compatibility issue tonight when I get home from work. I don’t use Mac myself so tough to test.
The problem is the executables in the app don't have the executable bit set, so they won't run.

@Mircom3D , how did you build the Mac app and the Mac rar file? Windows uses ACLs; Macs (and other Unix based systems) use file permissions. Did you copy the .app before raring it?

Fix for the Mac version. This sets the executable bits on the 4 programs in the app:
open Terminal
cd to the directory with TAC

cd The_Adventurous_Couple_Chapter_4.app
chmod +x Contents/MacOS/nwjs
chmod +x Contents/Frameworks/*.app/Contents/MacOS/*

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I enjoyed this update, but I would advise you to switch back. It's pretty annoying to have such a limited amount of saves (might not necessarily be a problem depending on how much choice you're planning to implement) but the worst thing for me is that progressing text is so slow now. It feels like the game is on a continuous lag.

TheFapper2

Sep 6, 2017
Someone has the CG's of the chapter 4 or know how extract from this engine? Tyrano has limited save slots and it's too slow, terrible. But I wanna see the new art of the game

Cicero72

Feb 27, 2018
Someone has the CG's of the chapter 4 or know how extract from this engine? Tyrano has limited save slots and it's too slow, terrible. But I wanna see the new art of the game
You can use Universal Extractor on the executable file to extract the script and images.

Reactions: TheFapper2

fsck

Aug 3, 2017
Damn, that's a shame. The old version ran fine on a mac using wine, but this one doesn't. :(
I'm running wine 3.4 on linux and the game seems to be running fine.

Is the game not working at all on mac or is some part of the game working incorrectly? Usually if wine can run a program on linux it can also run the same on a mac. Maybe you're using an older version of wine? Try upgrading?

Reactions: User_75033

cvaljo

May 31, 2017
I am not really posting that much, nor am I complaining about stuff that often, but damn.
This engine change, it's just. I don't have words. I don't know ins and outs of either Renpy nor this engine, and if coding in Renpy is that hard. Though as software developer i am not fan of Python(C# all the way :D), it is considered as one of the easiest languages, as a player there is so much more user experience from Renpy than this Tyranobuilder.

I really liked the game, I do love CG, main character(Anne) is gorgeous, and most of the stuff is nicely and slowly building up, atleast first two chapters. Now 3rd one was a shock, Anne fucking bunch of guys left and right. And then you go back to 4th chapter and she is back to the state of chapter 1 and 2, slowly taking these kinky actions.(She's doubting to allow that tanning guy to rub the oil on her back). It just doesn't seem right.

Now, back to engine. First 3 chapters being in Renpy allowed really easy replayability, skipping already seen dialogues to get to the decision points. Now, in this engine, it's really pain in the back to play more than once and see if decision have any impact. Slow text, really slow scene transitions, no skipping possibility(well, kinda lying there, as there is option to skip, but it's actually useless compared to the Renpy) and low save slot numbers(though mostly in Renpy i do not care about enormous slot numbers because if you want replay the game to certain decisions it's really easy and fast). So not sure if any of these things are possible to improve in this engine, primary focus being on scene transitions and text skipping, but i would really suggest to try and go back to Renpy. Yeah, it might take you more time to code things, as you might need to learn something(but that has positives), but from what i can see, it will really improve UX which is probably most important thing when developing something.

There are bunch of games out there that have "good" story and good CGs, but being in awful engines i just skip them as i have no will to spend hundreds of minutes running around some useless city map in RPG or wasting same amount on waiting for text and new picture to appear.

So please, for the sake of UX and what has a potential to be really great game, try to get back to using Renpy. And I see that many out there do not like the change either.

EDIT: Playing for second time, trying different options. Maybe discovered possible bug. I'll put it in spoiler tag if some didn't get this scene. And yeah, I do very much love the character in that scene.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fsck

Aug 3, 2017
You can use Universal Extractor on the executable file to extract the script and images.
Looks like you beat me to the punch :)

Here's the CG for anyone who's interested:

Also, scenario.zip (attached) contains the script for the game.

Glave27

Aug 26, 2017
I tried, but the hubbie pissed me off again. After banging the wife's BFF, his report back to the wife was "Boring day. Worked all day". WTF!?!?!? Especially when she comes back the next day giving him detailed accounts of her step-brother. I was hoping this might be one of the few games here both partners are on equal footing. I guess I was wrong.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
I must say that I enjoyed Parts 1-3 (Mostly Part 3),but I was very disappointed in Part 4,nothing really happened in that Part,also no suspense of what to come...would have loved to see her and her husband having a nice party with the boss etc.
It would have been better in spending the time with the story, instead of the new engine.
Just my Thoughts.

Mircom3D

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2017
So looks like quite a few people are not happy with the switch to Tyranobuilder.

After looking at my options with tyranobuilder I feel that I may be to limited to be able to provide what people enjoy with Ren’py so I will redo Chapter 4 in Ren’py in hopes to make everyone happy.

I can’t say exactly when I will have that ready but I will get started on it tonight.

Thanks to all who support me and always appreciate your feedback.

Mircom3D

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 7, 2017
To do chapter 5 in Ren’py I need chapter 4 as choices do make a difference. I’ll work on chapter 5 renders while redoing chapter 4 in Ren’py as everything is already created for chapter 4 and just needs transferring over.

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
Holy slow Battransition, flickering and slow text.

Why.

I personally have no problem with whatever engine it just makes replayability incredibly tedious and long.

Reactions: VEL

BannedAccount6543

Sep 15, 2016
To do chapter 5 in Ren’py I need chapter 4 as choices do make a difference. I’ll work on chapter 5 renders while redoing chapter 4 in Ren’py as everything is already created for chapter 4 and just needs transferring over.
Not directing you but you could make the Ch4 choices clickable at the start of Ch5. Something like:
Stepbro HJ Y/N
Tanning guy 1 peek Y/N
Tanning guy 2 peek Y/N
Tanning guy 2 lied Y/N
Met Nicole Y/N
Met Elena ......etc

3.90 star(s) 124 Votes